Confessions
128 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Ah," he sighed, as Meridith rubbed his ankles. She had become capable. Easily remaking the hut on her own. Alistar felt that he didn't know his daughter as well as he had thought he had.

"Alistar, you are strong... Even in your old age."

She smiled, as she continued rubbing his pain away. 

"You know, one of those poisons came from our king!" She squeezed around his ankles and he heard them pop.

They had been tight.

"Julie, come out! We've gotten our information. If a little bit more." She held the briefcase to her chest.

The hut had been well made. Even having a window built in which showed a vista. The view twisted. Two women stepped out. Both of them were crying.

One of those women was Meredith.

They entered the room. It was small and could only hold those who were currently present within. The Meridith on the bed pulled up a skin-like substance, from beneath her chin. Revealing a face as beautiful, if only, a little bit older. Her hair was blonde and Alistar had only seen this particular blonde once, his eyes were at their most lucid, seeing her again.

The other woman had been crying since entering. 

"Ally, you've gotten old..." She would be beautiful, too, but her face when crying was ugly. She hugged him on his sickbed. "Why did you have to continue being that way. You knew people like us would find you, right?"

"Get away from him! You know it isn't safe to touch him!" 

"Marny..." She protested, being dragged away.

Alistar had gathered himself, as best he could under the effects of whatever they had given him. 

"Marnisa Lovelock... The last time I saw you was twenty years ago. You were half fish back then, weren't you..." She slapped him, solidly.

"Julie, you didn't deserve the insult. I apologize, for bringing you into squalidness."

"You are twenty years too late, Ally. And, you have more to apologize for! I heard it you left my husband to die..."

Marnisa shifted. "You deserve worse, you traitor. You left us, and still, even after that betrayal, you did not change. You kept on going, being a crock!"

"Both of you did the same. I kept track, over the years. You're allowed to be on land every five years because of the sea's hold on you. It's an eleven-year cycle. Last year should've been your time on land. You broke the curse. How, exactly?"

She was about to slap him again, but Jullie held her arm back. She huffed and withdrew her assault on the lame man. It was silent for a while.

Marnisa walked over to Meridith. She was gagged and shackled in mana restricting cuffs.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

0