Next Time
109 3 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

She touched the earings on Meridith's left ear. Meredith didn't move away from her reach, the tears on her face let him know that she couldn't; they were slave cuffs.

"These earrings are magic tools. They don't need... Julie stop touching our victim! As I was saying, they need no mana to operate. You may think that you're fine, right? That you're dealing with those potions well; only joint pain even? But, Ally, as my friend likes to call you, you've  said things today, you closed mouthed salamander."

Marnisa sat beside him, touching him despite her warnings to Jullie. She held his face, for a moment some sadness could be seen on her own.

Alistar tried to pull away

"We followed you in Acrian. You know, at first, it was out of surprise that you'd be there. Honestly, I'm surprised by how well you treated your daughter. Your display, for a time, made us think that you'd turned another leaf." 

He tried again, and failed. Choosing to instead avert his gaze.

"Ally, we've had enough! We're teaching you a lesson for your own good." Jullie stepped forward. " And despite how it looks, for Meredith's. We'll be taking your treasures, your possessions, and we'll give you the chance to start again."

He stopped avoiding their gazes and met both, for a moment.

"You've changed. Both of you."

"We had to, Ally. You left us, so we had to learn to protect ourselves."

Marnisa shifted, away from him.

"Before we go, Alister, we've looked for you, to ask this question. Why did you leave our group all those years ago?"

Again he averted his gaze. He sighed and met both of their's.

"I left you because I found someone I loved more."

"Herieth?"

"No. It was my Meredith."

Marnisa sighed shifted. Jullie hummed aloud, with a smile on her pink lips.

"Then goodbye, Alister Lovelock."

"Bye, Ally."

They left him and Meridith bound-up. Alister would recover first, and free his daughter. They had both grown and learned from this experience. Meridith depended less on her father from then on.

Ha, ha. My first finished story, ever. This will be edited and inflated to fit the word count requirement of the writing contest. In the meantime, read Our New World. It's sitting on a measly 48 views. Bye, and hopefully you'll enjoy my future works.

 

1