Volume 0002-Revelation & Growth, Chapter – 040 – Afternoon Hunt (1)
219 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In Theodore eye retina was transmitted the following:


 

Inside the Village Chief Mike Little office in the main chair sits an unknown man and some guests were present. A total of 4 people were inside the office. [1]

Soon the unknown man says: “Mike, the operation will start at 1400 hours. We have 60 groups that will scour the Forest to find those pesky Elves. 20 groups will move from each of the Villages, here, the Greenery Village, and Stone Village.”

“These 2 are seniors Death Mages who will follow behind and refine the fallen Elves into zombies, which will increase our combat efficiency on the field. Each group has 2 Death Mages and their guards following them. You will need to give them accommodations and treat them well until they are prepared to leave.”

“We don’t want to alert any of the higher-ups too early whether they are Elven Supreme Elders or the Human Royal Guards. So the highest rank Warriors and Mages we can mobilize are level 5.”

Village Chief Mike says: “Sir, but team 9 hasn’t reported in. And team 8 is still searching for them.”

The unknown man frowned and says: “It doesn’t matter, Mike. The operation will start at the appointed time. All parties are already informed and will move simultaneously.” He stood up and prepared to leave, at the door he stops and says: “The information is provided by you and the Stillard family. If any of it is wrong and we, Untainted, receive any huge losses. It will be counted on the Stillard family to replenish it.” He proceeded to walk out of the door.

Village Chief Mike had sweat running all over his back and turns to the Death mages, and says: “Gentlemen, please follow me.” Soon the scene showed Chief Mike guided the 2 Death mages and their 4 Guards to take rest in a room.


 

While the others look confused, Theodore says: “Wear the glasses and Spacey will transmit the thing I just saw.” Jade takes the 4 glasses out of the backpack she had put away near the couch and gives them to the others. They soon see the recording that Theodore mentioned.
Eric looks astonished and says: “60 groups each have 5 members, that’s a force of 300 people and not counting those Death Mages with their Guards following behind. That man should be the leader or one of the higher-ups of the Untainted.”

Bruce nodded in agreement but frowned and says: “He walks like a noble, though, or at least educated in such way, military-trained as well. He seems strong and quite calm, and it doesn’t seem that he will be involved with this operation.” Jade and May nodded, Jade says: “Who says nobles can’t operate a mercenary group?”

Theodore says: “Maybe! But he is still in the Village residing in a house near the Village Chief mansion. Spacey assumed from his fluctuations that he’s a 7 Rank Mage, it was detected when his emotion lightly sprung up when he heard of the missing group 9. He goes by the name Hank.”

Eric looks at Theodore in Surprise, and asks: “It can now judge by feeling the fluctuations which Rank a Warrior or a Mage has?” Theodore nodded and says: “It was always sensitive about energy fluctuations but it didn’t know about this world cultivation. With the information, we fed Spatial Server Database it can accurately judge type, warrior or mage, rank, and sort of QI. That man has a strong affinity to Lighting QI.”

Theodore hit his head, and says: “The sensory range has also expanded from 500 meters to 1 kilometer now since the Spatial Server has leveled up to level 2 and OFT Space to level 3.”

The girls yell in excitement, and soon after Jenna asks: “Has Space leveled up? Any new sweet fruits that we can plant soon?” Theodore nodded and says: “There are new crops available, beehive, bees, a small cabin, fish and meat stall, silo, some new livestock, and fishes. But we have to wait to expand the farmlands till we harvest our first crops otherwise our money will run out.”

 

Theodore explains the situation to all that they will need to build a Vegetable and Fruit stall as quickly as possible and a cabin that can keep 4 people inside. This is needed before the rainy season in OFT-Space appears. He tells them about the upgrade of the Spring Water due to blood essence and the temporary abilities each gained for 3 hours long after consuming. He also says that the time-ratio has increased from 6 to 1, which means 6 hours inside OFT-Space is 1 hour here.

Theodore continues to explain the new method of ‘Cultivation; Body Refining v1’, which will grant the Body Refiner an option to receive a secondary affinity. He tells Eric and other adults to try opening the principal meridians in the 4 steps of Body Refining first, this to establish their Sea of QI and hopefully, they are still able to receive a secondary affinity, that's close to their primary. The chance of succeeding was quite high after Spacey ran simulations. After that, they can then try to condense the 9 pillars forming the Sea of QI in a hexagon shape (6 pillars evenly outside) with a triangle inside (3 pillars) of it, while opening the 8 prime meridians in the QI Refining Stage, slowly in accordance to their ranks.

 

Theodore looks at Eric then at Jade and says: “Dad, mom, I have discussed with Spacey if it’s possible to have us grow faster, so I will be able to help out with difficult jobs. And, we came with a planned growth solution.”

“The OFT-Space is able to give me my growth spurt earlier and it would be easier for me to cultivate. I am wondering how you think about this?” Jade looks sad and asks: “What does that mean Theodore?”

Theodore knew Jade was feeling angry inside, so he tries to smooth things out by saying: “When we are in OFT-Space our bodies are engulfed in a time bubble that makes aging comparable to the outside world while time in space moves faster.”

“Spacey can adjust the aging to an accelerated speed that’s twice as much as in this world, but still slower in the OFT-Space.” He stammers, stands up and walks over to Jade, and says with a sad voice: “I want... to... be able... to protect you all, but I miss… a body of a matured… young man.”

“With... time... running faster inside Space, my... training and cultivation... will increase rapidly, but I can’t continue… once I reach a stage where it’s required… that my internals is all matured… that would be on age between 16 years and 18 years old, while outside… I would be just 11 or 12 years old according… to our calendar.”

Jade shakes her head and says: “No if you grow up to soon. I can’t carry you in my arms anymore.” Theodore comes closer to Jade’s ear and whispers: “But the sooner I grow up the faster I can give you grandchildren, mom. You can carry them!” Jade eyes shine and look at Rainy and Maggie, she nodded and says: “Yes, let’s start the next time OFT-Space opens. Also, make sure Rainy and Maggie grow up faster.”

Jenna yells in excitement and says: “ME, ME TOO!!” Jade shakes her head, and says: “No, you remain my tiny little daughter as long as you can.” Jenna pouted and says: “That can’t be, mom, my best friends are going to be taller than me. And, I won’t be able to play with them anymore.” Her mischievous side suddenly flares up and says: “Unless I get a little sister!” Jade nodded, and says: “We are working on it very hard.” She looks at Eric with glares, saying ‘you have to work harder, see.

Eric who watches the scene with full interest turns red suddenly, he calms down and says: “We will see after today's events. I also want to see my father once and I can’t have my kids be adults before we’ve met.”

“Bruce, you and May need to decide for Maggie.” He turns to Rainy and says: “I really don’t know what you think of this plan, but you will have to consider your own family. It will come as a shock to them seeing you suddenly as tall as them.”

Rainy looks back at Eric and says: “That won’t be a problem. I can just say that I took a comprehensive fruit that made me mature and grow quicker. I think I am allowed to pick a reward after I go back to the village for saving my friends.”

 

Others were shocked to hear this and Theodore exclaims and asks: “Fruit? Is it a magical fruit?” Rainy nodded and says: “Yes, at an age of 25 we all receive a Reminiscent Fruit and will need to enter seclusion for a period of 3 years after eating this fruit.”

“It allows our bodies to mature faster since we have a long lifespan we can gain more experience and knowledge through the early years. We are allowed to eat the fruit to have our bodies match the experience and knowledge we gained.”

“It’s the same as what you’re trying to do with OFT-Space and your training. At a certain point, our training will stagnate as well. This is the main reason.”

Theodore asks: “When you are able to get the fruit we can grow seeds from it and plant them in Space. Maybe there are other usages for it. If you can get one, it would provide Space with a boost, I think.” Rainy nodded, and says: “If it’s beneficial to the OFT-Space I’ll bring it along.”

 

Eric nodded and says: “Kids it’s time to take a nap, it's 10 in the morning now. I’ll wake you up 2 hours later and we can have lunch together.”He turns to Theodore and asks: “What time does OFT-Space open?” Theodore says: “Earliest we can get in is around twelve thirthy pm. Maybe we can take our lunch inside?”

Eric nods again and says: “We’ll see later, okay get to bed kids. Theo, make sure you are well-rested, your job will be very important to our afternoon hunt later on.” Theo nodded and walks with the girls to the rooms.

 

Theodore walks slowly and held Rainy back a bit, and whispers: “You spoke earlier that your Elven race lost their innate ability? Do you know what it was?” Confused Rainy says whispering: “It was stealth, I think.”

Theodore explains whispering: “I think the current Spring Water can grant you your innate abilities back. But currently, it allowed me to gain those I spoke earlier about as innate abilities. Spacey said it might be the same for you if you drink the current Spring Water.”

Rainy was shocked as she was about to yell, Theodore covers her mouth with his hand and says: “We’ll talk about it later!” They went in their separate rooms and the girls quickly lay down on their beds.

 

Rainy lays in her own bed, thinking about Theodore last words, she mumbles: “I can regain my Elven innate abilities… I can regain my Elven innate abilities…” Soon she drifted away in her own solitaire world in her mind.


 

Meanwhile in the living room:

Jade says to Eric: “Do you know what our son said to me?” Eric shakes his head. Jade continues: “He says after the planned growth, he will give us grandchildren.”

Eric's eyes went wide and suddenly laughs, and says: “So this is how he convinced you, I found it strange that you suddenly agreed! But who will be their mother?” Jade looks at May and Bruce waiting for their answer.

May took the hint, waving her hands and says angrily: “NO, No way. I won’t allow Maggie to go through planned growth if it’s like this!” Bruce shakes his head and says to May: “It might be better if they become a couple. You don’t see Maggie being attracted to Theodore?”

May exclaims and asks: “But what about Rainy!” Eric confused and asks: “Are they even compatible? They are from different races. I am unsure if they are able to conceive a child together.”

Spacey’s voice rang grinning through the arms of the glasses: “They are able! I’ve checked by running simulations. Cute babies will be born out of those 2. But why not include Maggie as well? Certainly, their genes blend well together. It isn’t that a man only can marry 1 wife.”

Bruce nodded, and says: “True,” which followed a harsh slap on the back of his neck by May, who says: “You want your daughter to be with a man with multiple wives?”

Bruce caressed his neck and says: “I am just saying the possibility of them getting together is quite huge. And if he, later, treats them well I don’t mind. But he will need to give us a grandchild or children!”

Jade nodded and says: “They will spend a long time together in Space, training, playing, and working together. It is only natural for them to bond.” She turns her head and looks at Eric, and says: “But before they work on theirs, we should work on ours, first!” Bruce looks at May and nodded as well.

Eric franticly stands up, and says: “I am going to work the fields,” and walks to the backdoor. May stand up: “I am preparing for lunch,” and walks to the kitchen.


 

Unaware of what discussions the adults talk about, Theodore sits on his bed and starts to exercise his internal energy in a meditative position. It was a bit shaded in his room and soon his body intertwines a little bit with the shades unknowingly to Theodore. It wasn’t an entire disappearance of his body but more like adapted camouflaged to the surroundings as chameleons do.

Soon the 2 hours passed by and a knock was heard on the door, he hears Bruce’s voice saying: “Theodore it’s time to wake up.” He opens his eyes and says: “I am awake! Be there in several minutes.” “Okay, see you in the living room,” said Bruce and walks away.

Theodore sighs and stood up, ready to freshen up, he says in his mind: “Is there a way to have a progress screen to see how far I am with my training, Spacey?” Spacey answers: “You’re doing quite well, TJ. And yes, we have a personal status screen available. But you are required to do tests in a training facility to see how accurately your attributes are. Look at this screen: ‘Template Personal Information Status v1’.

Theodore watches the template and nodded, and says: “That’s really elaborated and wide-reaching. Hmm... training-facility. Isn't there a way just to judge in real live combat, since they are going to fight this afternoon?" Spacey says: "If they display there techniques and fighting to the fullest, I might be able to geusstimate their attributes. Techniques however would be more of a problem as we don't have the basics recorded, which can only be done through rough calculations in simulations." 

Theodore is happy and says: "That's enough, till we have build the training facility. And by the way, we might need a compressed template with just the important stuff for us to see. Remove or hide civilian and noble details at least that are not worthy to be displayed all the time, just make a separate screen with the occupation skills. And minimize personal info to just full name, age, race, fatigue, training, skills, evolve stage, rank, affinity, blood essence, and comprehension.” Spacey answers: “Affirmative!

Theodore continues: "Make sure that only the individual is able to see their own personal information screen on the monitor or glasses, beside you of course, and isn't able to be seen by others without the consent of the individual." Spacey answers again: “Affirmative!

Theodore walks whistling to the bathroom and freshens up a little. Coming out of the bathroom he met with Jenna, greets her had a little small talk, and then walks towards the living room.

 

Theodore sits greets everyone and sits on the couch, and asks: “And dad, uncle, have you decided what to do? Are you eager to do some hunting later?” Eric says worriedly: “There are over 300 people who will participate in their operation. It’s too much for us to handle on our own.”

Theodore stayed silent for a moment and says: “Those 300 aren’t our target. It’s the Elven who needs to take care of them. Spacey told me that Haldir and Gildor are still underway to their Village.”

“As soon we enter space I meet up with them and give them this news. How they handle this is the Elven responsibility, not ours. We still have 2 localization ambers in the forest where we can transport to, excluding the one on the elves.”

“I think the one where you've fought before is an excellent place to set up an ambush on those Death mages and their guards in this Village. I am sure they will walk the same route as group 9 did.”

“They should lag behind their main group of 20 as refining corpses isn’t that swiftly done if the main group even manages to hunt down and kill an Elf. I'll be truly disappointed if that happens with all the Intel we have given them. And don’t forget the Spring Water that gives us temporary abilities that you can use.”

Bruce nodded, and says: “We can observe the situation from within Space and decide prompt which location we can set an ambush.” Eric was relieved to hear the overall situation and agreed, he says: “But son, I don’t want you to linger inside the forest once you transport us there. You have to immediately return to Space, or else you can forget us in meddling into this situation.” Theodore nodded and says: “Yes, dad. I am aware of my shortcoming.”

 

Haze comes flying from the outside porch and landed on Theodore's head, and says: ‘I heard your conversation, raa, I can participate if needed and call some friends to assist.’ Theodore eyes shine, and says: “Really that would be great!” Haze says: “Prepare a bowl of Spring Water as payment. My lady friend, raa…, might be willing to follow you, raa… if she tastes it as well. As long as you provide us with good food, raa, we will follow you!”

Theodore smiles and says to the others: “Haze is willing to help in this hunt. With him doing air surveillance, we might be able to get one or 2 groups of death mages. And, hopefully, some stragglers”

 

tries to explain:

[1] I've checked several chapters if I already named the Village Chief but couldn't see any mention of a name. Though I could've simply missed it in some chapter, anyway he's named Mike Little now (until I find a previous record).
This remind me to update the "Glossary" soon with updates, which I hardly have enough time for it. Though with it I would've traced it quicker. It will be after this week releases.

9