Volume 0002-Revelation & Growth, Chapter – 042 – Afternoon Hunt (3)
182 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Note before reading: Today’s double issue, if you haven’t read (2) press ‘<< Previous’. If you have, continue. SH displays updates to the most recent so you'll miss the previous chapter if I publish 2 chapters on the same day.)


 

As soon as Theodore has his disguise on, he disappears from OFT Space and reappears in the forest. Near stood Haldir and Gildor waiting for his arrival, both steps forward and bows: “Greetings young Dúnadan.”

Theodore shakes his head, and says: “Come on, elder brothers! You don’t have to be so formal with me. Just call me Little TJ or just TJ.” Gildor waves his hands, and says: “No, no, we aren’t allowed to be disrespectful towards your kind.”

Theodore smiles and says: “I’ve heard of the past. And that’s just it, the past and it’s before my generation. Ah… nevermind, let’s just get straight to the point.” Haldir and Gildor nodded.

Theodore looks around and asks: “Where is Lex?” Haldir points towards an area not so far away and says: “He’s there tied up on a tree, while our horses are drinking.” Theodore nodded. He is glad that Lex couldn’t hear the conversation.

 

Theodore turns serious and says: “There are 2 things I need to tell you. 1 is to inform you that over 300 people of the Untainted will gather around 2 pm in the forest to hunt you Elves. My spies caught a conversation between the Village Chief and someone named Hank of the Untainted, he should be someone high up in that mercenary organization.” Haldir and Gildor were shocked hearing this, Haldir got angry and says: “Are they going to have an all open war with us?”

Theodore shakes his head, and says: “No, they won’t! The highest rank that should be participating is rank 5, warriors, and mages. I heard they send a few Death mages, or rather Necromancers, their tasks are to refine any captured or dead animals and elves into zombies. They won’t go too far in the inner forest of the animals though.” Haldir got mad again.

 

Theodore looks at him with a worried smile, he says: “Don’t be so agitated Haldir, calm down. We decided to remove at least one group of Death Mages and their guards…

Theodore explains that 60 groups, 5 people per group, are spread in 3 villages, Forest, Greenery, and Stone 20 groups each. At least from the Forest Village, there are 2 Death Mages Rank 5 following behind their main group of 100 people. He explains that he only can watch over the route from Forest Village to the point where they fought earlier. He also reminds them to use the herb as bait, so they can counter-ambush those people from the Untainted.

Theodore tells them to hold on to the marble if they are sent out on this mission if they are met with a situation that’s out of their control, to run and hide somewhere and he and his guards will be there to support them.

 

Once Theodore was done, he says: “Oh... the other point is a small personal request I have to make. Don’t tell anyone in your Village that you’ve met a Dúnadan. My dad says we are still being hunted and if anyone in your Village leaks this information to those people, we’ll be targeted again. There aren’t many of us left.” 

Haldir and Gildor are shocked to hear this, and Haldir replies: “We will keep it a secret for now, but we might have to tell our superiors.” Theodore frowns and answers: “Just make sure they can be trusted! And, tell them about our situation if you need to reveal our presence, but be aware that if words get out, not only will I and my companions be in danger but your sister as well.”

Haldir frowns and says: “Are you threaten me with my sister?” Gildor shakes his head and says: “No brother that’s not what TJ meant. He is telling us that if we tell someone and he wants to know more about TJ, they might ask Rainy.” He turns to Theodore and asks: “Am I right, TJ?”

Theodore nodded and says: “That’s exactly what I mean. And it won’t be polite seeing these people's behavior, they are already prepared to sacrifice 12 of your brethren to the Holy Light Church, including your sister Haldir.”

“Well, that’s all I have to tell. I need to return and you should be hurrying along towards your Village. The information about your rebels and the over 300 Untainted is really too important not to tell your superiors. I wish you good luck and a safe journey home.” With that Theodore disappears in front of them.

Gildor and Haldir look at each other, and Gildor says: “We’ll need to hurry back with the news. Stone Village is closest to our Starlight Village. Haldir nods and moves towards the horses.


 

While the meeting between Theodore, Haldir, and Gildor was going on, in OFTSpace:

 

Jade speaks in the air and says: “Spacey can I test my strength, really quick?” Spacey answers: “Of course you can Jade. Do look at the simulations in the glasses, it explains the standard movements. Also, you’ll be tested with normal attacks and later that with supporting spells, if you have any.”

Then with virtual sweat running through its imaginary back, Spacey worriedly says: “But please don’t cast those devastating spells that will harm our farmlands. Theodore needs to build a training facility to protect the lands and you can safely cast those spells.”

“Do remember that the data of the QI Refining Stage isn’t complete yet and we are still in the collecting stage from mid and late Body Refining to QI Refining Stages.”

 

Jade says: “Okay!” She did exactly those exercises displayed and then once again but with supporting spells. “Huff, huff, that’s about it, can you show me my status,” asks Jade.

Spacey imaginary sweat dripping from its imaginary face, with a worried voice it says: “Affir..mat..ive!”

Jade Stone current personal result (QI Refining Stage Rank 5/7, Fire Affinity):
Gender   Age Height Weight
Female 31 1.618m (1.633m*) 76.46kg (72.5kg*)
       
  TR/BR: Normal State BR: Mass Increase QR: Spell Reinforce
Strength average 25% of weight  90.63kg 271.89kg 1495.50kg
Strength force output head 33% 120.53kg 361.59kg 1988.75kg
Strength force output punch 15% 104.22kg 212.66kg 1719.63kg
Strength force output kick 25% 113.82kg 171.87kg 1869.12kg
Strength Grip 57.29kg 171.89kg 945,29kg
       
  TR/BR: Normal State BR: Mass Increase State QR: Spell Increase State
Strength Upper (Head)  1.251 2.585 8.285
Strength Middle (Arms) 1.251 2.585 8.285
Strength Lower (Legs) 1.251 2.585 8.285
Strength Grip 1.251 2.585 8.285
Agility 1.251 2.585 8.285
Dexterity 1.251 2.585 8.285
Endurance (note: needs to reevaluate) 1.625 (note: needs to reevaluate) 2,125 (note: needs to reevaluate) 2,000

Body Refining (BR): Mass, Triple of weight, Reinforce Defense by able to absorb 3.000 KG of damage

QI Refining (QR): Spell, Fire Spell: Burning Vigor (reinforce strength BR: Mass x QR current rank)

Personal Status

Name: Jade Stone
Race: Human
Age: 31 / 160
Fatigue: 53%


Cultivation stage:

  • Body Refining Stage Complete
  • QI Refining Stage Rank 5 / 7

Affinity-to:

  • Fire middle-grade particle QI

Comprehension:

  • Fire QI – 35% (note: needs to reevaluate)

General Notes:

Healthy, full of vigor and beautiful, please take gentle care of Space!

On a serious note, using QR spells needs a healthy balance of Endurance


Attributes:

  • Strength High: 1.251 (1.251) (note: needs to reevaluate)
  • Strength Middle: 1.251 (1.251) (note: needs to reevaluate)
  • Strength Low: 1.251 (1.251) (note: needs to reevaluate)
  • Strength Grip: 1.251 (1.251) (note: needs to reevaluate)
  • Agility: 1.251 (1.251) (note: needs to reevaluate)
  • Dexterity: 1.251 (1.251) (note: needs to reevaluate)
  • Endurance: 1.625 (1.625) (note: needs to reevaluate)
  • Vitality: 1.625 (1.625) (note: needs to reevaluate)
  • Intellect: 1.361 (1.251) (note: needs to reevaluate)

Skills – Combat (SK-Com); -

  • Basic Movement; Wilde’s Dragon Steps; Adequate (progress 0%) (note: needs to reevaluate)

Spells – Combat (SP-Com); -

  • Fire Arrow (offensive); Adequate (progress 0%) (note: needs to reevaluate)
  • Fire Ball (offensive); Adequate (progress 0%) (note: needs to reevaluate)
  • Fire Whip (offensive); Adequate (progress 0%) (note: needs to reevaluate)
  • Burning Vigor (reinforce); Adequate (progress 0%) (note: needs to reevaluate)

General Notes:

Attributes, not measured by strength:

  • Endurance; advise increasing by doing cardio training
  • Intellect is above average, due to memories of Rick.

Advise practice hand to hand combat to exert more Strength output.

Skills can't be properly tested, requires training facility, unable to display progress. Skills divided in expertise: Initiation, Low, Adequate, Advanced, Expert, Professional, Master, Grandmaster.

Spells can't be properly tested, requires training facility, unable to display progress. Spells divided in expertise: Initiation, Low, Adequate, Expert, Master, Grandmaster.

Jade sees the results and cheers. But suddenly got gloomy when she saw her weight wasn’t ideal.

Everyone in Space did their own exercise to see their own statistics on the monitor or through the glasses. When Jade and May were done, they prepared to set out the food for everyone to enjoy a hearty lunch.


 

Theodore appears inside Space and sees that they are just preparing to set the food out. He calls Rainy to him. When she reaches him, he says: “We’ll do the Spring Water after lunch within the Barn and while the others are going to watch the re-run of Harry Potter.” Rainy nodded.

 

They walk towards the spread out lunch, sit down, and started to eat while watching the movie on the monitor. And to everyone surprise, Haze and Tiny are again laying on their backs with their paws in the air again, except for Theodore.

Theodore explains that it’s the Blood Essence, that is affecting them in a good way and there might be a possibility Tiny will evolve. After an hour they woke up and Haze strengthens itself with 2 new abilities Burst and Concealment. Tiny evolved into a magical beast and could now talk with Theodore, it also gained abilities to be precise Concealment and Evasion.

It grew a little larger just a bit smaller than a Wallaby but with large ears. [1] The body of Haze grew as well with its wingspan now 2 meters large full stretched. Haze complained it couldn’t get on the head of Theodore anymore. 

Theodore excused himself and says he has to go to the bathroom. Rainy follows soon after.

 

They meet up inside the Barn, Theodore holds a bottle of Spring Water in his hand and asks again: “Do you really want to take it now?” Rainy answers resolutely: “Yes!”

Theodore nods and says: “Spacey, block the Barn from any noise and warn me if anyone else wants to enter.” Spacey answers: “Roger that!” Theodore looks at Rainy, gives the bottle and a stick to her, and says: “Lie down and bite on the stick after you drink the Spring Water from the bottle.”

He inhales a few breaths and continues: “The first half-hour you’ll feel excruciating pain in your bones. This is due to the marrow in your body is changing to accept the blood essence in the Spring Water. You will need to keep awake during the entire process, Rainy.

“I’ll be next to you to keep you awake. Spacey is here as well, it will put you in a time-bubble to slow down the process or else you will faint. It will take longer, but the pain you'll feel is on the limit that you can handle. Say when you are ready.”

 

Rainy nods and sits down on the ground, holding the bottle in her hand, she says: “I am ready.” She drinks the Spring Water from the bottle, put it away. And, then she bit on the stick. Suddenly a terrifying howl came out of her mouth a sound that resembles someone dying.

Theodore sits beside her and comforts her, by saying how the abilities will grant her more options if she met with the same situation as she was in before. And, promised her that he will help her close friends and family, if they allow it, to also gain these innate abilities.

He told her, the previous Theodore, life story, and how retarded he was after just being 4-5 years of age till 3 days ago. And, how his cousin drugged him guided by his cousin's mother or grandfather, the clan’s Council Great Elder. How Theodore treated his own mom, servants, and Maggie during the period he was under the influence. Rainy was going through some changes in her body and gradually a half-hour went by. Theodore told her to remain laying down until another half hour went by.

 

Slowly she regains her senses back and starts speaking: “You’ve been through a lot, Theo. It isn’t something you should have experienced. I don’t understand this human nobility at all.” Theodore says: “Well there is some bad blood in each family, but we have good moments as well. It should be the same with you, who should be my elder sister, I am unsure what exactly you all do with those extra years.”

Rainy smiles and says: “But I will outlive you.” Theodore sighs, and says: “Yes, that’s the difference between our races. But even so, it shouldn’t matter how we get along with each other.”

“If I grow old and unable to walk, I would be happy if you could push me in my wheelchair all over the continent openly for all races to see.”

Rainy laughs while still hurting, she says: “You’re skipping your whole life we still need to see where this is all going. Let’s just go through it slowly.” Rainy and Theodore smiles at each other and had some other small talks.

They talked about Starry. How she and Starry got acquainted, grew up together till their current outing. Theodore reminded her, that if she has nowhere to go. She can probably stay with them, but Rainy needs to explain the situation to her clearly. Rainy told Theo that Starry was usually the joyful one and she was quick to adapt to all sorts of situations.

Soon a full hour passed and the blood essence was integrated inside Rainy's body. Theodore explains how to use the abilities and slowly got more accustomed to them, as Spacey showed the recording of him meditating this morning. They walked out of the barn and went to the Nordic Spruce tree to train in the shaded area.

 

A half-hour later, Jenna comes walking with Maggie towards them, and says: “Ah… here you are, if Spacey didn’t tell us where you are, we would be searching for you forever!” Theodore says: “Sorry Jen, Mags, I forgot to tell we were going to train in the Concealment Ability from the Spring Water.”

Maggie excited and asks: “Can we also learn?” Theodore says: “Of course you can!” Jenna says: “Wait, dad is looking for you. He’s asking for the building in your Backpack.”

Theodore face palms himself and says: “I completely forgot about it. I’ll go to dad.” He looks at Rainy and says: “You just tell them what they need to do. Here’s the bottle with Spring Water.” He turns around and runs towards the Origin Station.

 

Theodore meets up with Eric and the others and explains, he and Rainy were practicing the Concealment Ability, which was met with dubious remarks and laughter. They walk to the area where the structure is to be constructed. And, Theodore took the structure out of the Backpack and placed it on the field.

Jade comes up to Theodore and asks: “Are you going to do cardio training?” Theodore answers: “Yes, mom after doing some training in Concealment.” Jade says: “Call me! I’ll join you guys as well!”

Theodore scratches his head confused, but says: “You can join us of course. But I don’t know if it has any effects on you.” Jade shakes her head and says: “Doesn’t matter,” and nothing else.

 

The day went on like that, training, cardio exercise, building the structure, eating snacks, drinking, and playing with Haze and Tiny. Soon the other 5 and a half hours gradually passed by.


50 meters inside the forest, near the first localization amber, they could see a gathering of over 100 people on the monitor.


Theodore and the others are sitting in front of the monitor, watching them flock together.

Meanwhile, he got Haze a ring with an amber embedded in it that could be worn on its paw. Theodore promised that it only has to wear it when it’s outside on missions and when he needs to wear it before entering OFT-Space and moving back to the outside. Haze reluctantly agrees, it thought rather that than in the dark Backpack.

Tiny got a little belt that goes around its neck. It complains that it rather had a ring as well. But once he hears Theodore saying, either this or the Backpack, it quickly agreed.

Theodore discussed with the others how to approach them. Haze immediately says: “Why not let me, raa, follow them, raa, I can go a little ahead of those mages, raa, and you can come over, raa?” Theodore thought for a while and says: “That’s an excellent idea, Haze! Let’s do that!

Theodore quickly explains the others about Haze going out first and follows the Death Mages. It will then find a suitable area to ambush them. That way they don’t need to waste any energy in running and finding the places themselves.

Next hour they see the group of 100 Untainted starts to move towards the inner forest while searching for the elves. On the side of the elves, Theodore also sees the elves preparing to counter-ambush those Untainted.

 

Theodore gets ready to release Haze in the outside world and says to it: “Be careful out there. Not only for people but also for other evolved animals. Do remember you have now 2 more abilities to rely on, use them if needed." Haze says: “No worries, raa, nothing in this forest, raa, can catch up to me, raa!

Theodore transported to the outside and released Haze. Once it was outside it flew directly towards the group of Untainted, searching for the Death Mages.

 

 

tries to explain:

Spoiler

[1] Example of Tiny new form: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quokka

Might need to change some of the numbers in Jade's personal status screen later, I've given her more Kilo's in her weight which should've resulted in more strength. But it was getting late so I published this chapter without correcting strength output in accordance with the new weight.

[collapse]

9