Volume 0002-Revelation & Growth, Chapter – 045 – Afternoon Hunt (6)
207 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Theodore and the girls watch the monitor intently. Suddenly the monitor splits up into 2 simultaneous events:


 

Forest: Meanwhile on the small pathway side:

Jacob and Tim arrived on the pathway, turn around, while holding onto their staffs and both began chanting: ‘~ Oh Lord of the Underworld ~please open a passage ~ for our skeleton-2 protectors of your humble servants ~’, ‘~ Oh Lord of the Underworld ~ please open a passage ~ for our skeleton-2 protectors of your humble servants ~’, ‘~ Oh Lord of the Underworld ~ please open a passage ~ for our skeleton-2 protectors of your humble servants ~ Summon Skeleton Warrior rank 2~’, concentrating their energy to their staffs, two 2 dark vortex appears at the place they pointed towards, mist starts to gather with density and slowly receding, in its place stood 2 Skeleton Warriors frozen, their bones are brownish in color and waiting for orders.

Tim is about to order his Skeleton by saying: “Bo….,” which is suddenly cut short as a Water Bubble slowly covers his head. Jacob standing next to him sees what’s happening to Tim and glances backward. He could see May standing a little further away,…‘~Water Emissary grants me a ball of water to restrain my enemy speech and breath~,’ ‘~Water Bubble~’ done 3x chanting a second spell, spewing another Water Bubble but aimed at him.

Jacob quickly rolled and was about to command his skeleton to protect, but the Water Bubble covered his skeleton’s head. He says: “Tsk, Water Mage is no opponent for….” His words are cut short as a sword came slicing through the air, he rolls away again. Just where he was crouched down a deep cut could be seen in the ground. If he remained there his head would have been cut off. Bruce took action.

Tim orders mentally for his Skeleton to attack the Water Mage, while he’s struggling to get out of the Water Bubble, unaware of his companion Jacob’s situation because any sound didn’t penetrate out or in the Water Bubble. The Skeleton moves toward May preparing to attack. A chant was heard: ‘~Fire Emissary, grant me a ball of fire, blow my enemy away~,’ ‘~Fire Emissary, grant me a ball of fire, blow my enemy away ~,’ ‘~Fire Emissary, grant me a ball of fire, blow my enemy away,’ ‘~ Fire Ball~’ A ball of Fire was created and Jade shoots the ball towards the Skeleton Warrior.


 

Back in Space:

Theodore says: “Oh they are using chants? Did they do it before?” Maggie nodded, and says: “Yes in the fight before, mom and aunt did similar chants to cast their spells like that”

Spacey answers: “You were too far away to hear it. The only part you heard was the completion of the spell. You should review the fighting scene once you have some time.”

Theodore nodded, and they again watched the scenes playing out.


 

Forest: Open field 25 meters away from the small pathway:

Raa, raa, raa, caw, caw, caw, continuously echoes in the surroundings.

The 4 Guards are ready to shoot the incoming diving Red-Winged Ravens. They waited till they are close in their range which would make it difficult to evade the arrows, as the arrows are fully drawn with their bows.

Guard 1 shout: “AIM …SHOOT!” Two arrows shot toward Haze and two arrows on his companion raven. Just as the 2 arrows reach them, both Ravens moved like snakes, slithering between the 2 arrows, Evasion ability.

Guard 1 and Rob mistakenly thought they hit the Ravens and are prepared to dodge the other crows’ attack, when suddenly from the corner of Guard 1's eye, he sees in the back, some light coming from there.

Guard 1 turns his head for a brief second to see a Fire Ball exploded by the pathway and knew the 2 Death Mages are met with trouble. He turns his head back to the front, to see a Raven coming at him with extreme speed. Unable to dodge in time he raised his hands to protect his face, dropping his bow, but to no avail. Haze flew straight like a bullet through his hands and through his head, breaking everything in between.

Gruesome expanded version:

Spoiler

The hands of guard 1 are blown away, meat and bones splash towards Ian and Steve’s direction. Haze aimed at a single point, to be precise the middle between the eyes, on guard 1. The top of guard 1’s head splits apart and all the brain matter splattered like raindrops to the backside of guard 1 in a fanned way pattern.

[collapse]

The effects of Burst: Concentrate all the QI energy on a single point, for the raven the beak, to hit the target. Everything obstructing it will be blown away.

Haze shudder its feathers and all the goo and remnants are shaken off its body, raa, raa, raa, and flew back in the sky.

Simultaneously Rob didn’t fare well either, due to the wound in his thigh, his mobility is compromised, and he was prepared to roll, trying to ignore the pain. But 2 claws extended its way towards his throat. One claw embedded itself on his shoulder, through his hide armor, while trying to punch the raven, another claw crushed his throat. With a peck, it hit his left eye.

Gruesome expanded version:

Spoiler

The arteries in the neck were punctured, which caused the blood to spray out the body with high velocity. The crushed hyoid bone and vocal cords were hanging on Rob’s neck. His left eye was out of its eye socket.

[collapse]

Haze companion flew in the air, shudder its body as well and all the goo is shaken off its body and flew straight towards Haze with a caw, caw, caw, sound.

 

Ian and Steve weren’t in good shape either, they are scratched and pecked. But they at least survived the attack having dodge and rolled, but won’t be shooting arrows anymore. Both look at their companions and yelled: “DENNIS!!! ROB!!!”[1]

They suddenly see in a distance the mages being attacked. The crows landed on the trees cutting their way off for retreat and with the sounds of raa, raa, raa, caw, caw, caw. There was only one way they could escape. But they didn’t dare to move in that direction.


 

Back in Space:

Theodore says, while his body shuddered, to the girls: “Phew, that scene was pretty nasty. Don’t tell mom I let you watch this scene, or else she’ll really put me in a bunny outfit and let me hop in the forest on my own!!”

Jenna and Maggie had their eyes covered with their hands, while Rainy was cheering for the crows.


 

Forest: Eric and the others fighting the Death Mages:

The Fire Ball blasted the skeleton backward and knocked Tim, who could hardly breathe, a few meters back, hitting the ground hard which knocked him out. Both skeleton warriors were in the area of effect of the Fire Ball, which could affect anything with fire damage within a radius of 4 meters centered from the impact site. Tim’s skeleton warrior stood up with patches of fire on its meager clothes it was wearing and charges toward May again as ordered.

Jacob is still trying to give his skeleton its first orders but was affected by the Fire Ball impact as well, he takes a moment to collect his shaken mind and dosing out the fire on his clothing. He glances around and sees that his opponent has increased with 2 and prepared to move back to his guards, he orders his skeleton to protect him. Jacob could see 2 mages, May and Jade, but he is searching for the one who almost cut off his head.

Bruce who was earlier notified of the incoming Fire Ball moved back into the shades of the forest swiftly outside the impact range. He used the Concealment Ability to suppress his presence.

 

At May’s location:

Tim’s skeleton warrior keeps charging towards May. With the controller being temporary out of action, the skeleton warrior keeps relentlessly following the last given orders.

Eric comes out of the forest within each hand a sword and prepared to receive the incoming skeleton warriors. He parried the sword strike and bent down to cut the upper leg bone of the skeleton, ‘ding’ is heard.

Eric startled for a moment because he wasn’t able to break the bone with one swing. He took his stance and with two swords he parried the sword of the skeleton warrior again, and with a swift movement, he cuts the tendon of the skeletons' hand, which drops its sword.

May acts as support and chants: ‘~Water Emissary grants me a leash of water to restrain my enemy movements~,’ ‘~Water Emissary grants me a leash of water to restrain my enemy movement~,’ ‘~Water Emissary grants me a leash of water to restrain my enemy movements~,’ ‘~Water Whip~’ A stream of water is stretched from her staff and with a movement and like a leather whip the stream stretched even further, it quickly moved around the skeleton warrior legs and with a word ‘~Bind~’ The Skeleton movement was strained.

Eric got close to the skeleton warrior and kicked it against its chest. The Skeleton Warrior fell down on the ground. Eric stabs both swords through each side of the skeleton chest all the way in the ground. And with his hands-free, he touched the cords of the backpack, and with the other hand the skeleton warrior, it disappeared from the scene and stored in the Backpack on his back.

Swiftly Eric made his way to the already unconscious Tim. The Water Bubble already receded when he was blasted away. For good measure, Eric hit the back of his neck again and ties up his hands and put a gag in his mouth.


 

Back in Space:

Spacey says: “Theodore, we’ve caught the Honey Bird sent by that Elven maid. You’ve one hour to retrieve it, around 6 hours in Space before it wakes up and probably resume its travel.

Theodore thought ‘Should I get it?’ Eric and the other adults were busy. He shakes his head and decides to wait for the others.


 

Forest: Same location Jacob’s side:

Jacob attentively watches Jade, May, and Eric getting rid of Tim’s skeleton. He sees the skeleton warrior suddenly disappear and became flabbergasted.

After he sees Eric move toward Tim, he became indecisive with thoughts, helps his partner, or retreat to the guards. Then he sees Eric knocking out Tim, tying him down and gagging him. It was already too late and he had only one option.

Fear crept into his spine. Slowly he walks backward in the directions of the guards. He decides to run for it and turns around, but once his vision was on the scene of the guards. His whole body shook. Two guards on the ground and with that much blood on the ground they were probably dead. The other two guards stood in position bloodied from every visible skin on their bodies, they are totally wrecked at first glance.

Jacob turns around again and sees Eric, May, and Jade, walking towards him. He panicked and begins speaking loudly: “YOU WON’T GET AWAY WITH THIS!! WE ARE NOT ALONE, OVER 300 OF US, UNTAINTED ARE GATHERED HERE TO HUNT MAGICAL ANIMALS!!”

Eric and the others stop 5 meters away from Jacob and his skeleton warrior, Eric says: “Magical Animals?” He looks at Jacob then at the guards and continues: “I thought you were here to hunt Elves?” Then he looks at an area where the crows are resting and yells: “HEY HAZE, DID YOU HEAR HIM. THEY ARE HUNTING YOU!!”

This was met with an echoing ‘RAA, RAA, RAA, CAW, CAW, CAW” sounds

 

Hearing this Jacob totally panicked and orders his skeleton to attack Eric. Hoping it will give him some time to cast a spell ‘Plague’, he lifted his staff and starts to chant: ‘~ Oh Lord of Death ~ fester this area with disease and illness ~ the living as your enemy, aid me your humble servants ~’, ‘~ Oh Lord of Death ~ fester this area with disease and illness ~ the living as your enemy, aid me your humble...’

His chant was cut short as Bruce who moved through the forest, crept behind Jacob without him realizing. The remaining guards’ voices, who tried to warn Jacob, were muffled due to the crows' loud, raa, raa, raa, caw, caw, caw, sounds.

Bruce swiftly got behind Jacob and swiftly stabs his sword in the left side of the back of Jacob, piercing his heart. Jacob drops on his knees, then on his belly.

Gruesome expanded version:

Spoiler

Blood starts to flow out of his body soaking the ground his body was laid to rest.

[collapse]

The skeleton warrior was still moving forward toward Eric. Jade and May both chants simultaneously: ‘~Fire (Water) Emissary grants me a leash of fire (water) to restrain my enemy movements~’, ‘~Fire (Water) Emissary grants me a leash of fire (water) to restrain my enemy movements~’, ‘~Fire (Water) Emissary grants me a leash of fire (water) to restrain my enemy movements~,’ ‘~Fire (Water) Whip~’

The Water Whip was unleashed to restrain the arms of the skeleton warrior and the Fire Whip was unleashed to restrain the legs of the skeleton warrior. While the water whip was used to bind with the spell ~Bind~ the fire whip was used to explode with the spell ~Ignite~. Like the Fire Ball, it created an impact on a target and swept the skeleton warrior of its feet and fell down on the ground while it is tied down by the water whip.

Eric moved to the skeleton warrior and kicked the sword out of its hand and swiftly put the skeleton warrior in his Backpack.


 

Meanwhile in Dragon City:

Andrew shows a nervous expression and says: “Rud, where is your sister? Shouldn’t she already have seen the signs?”

In a cheap rented room, Rud is watching the street below out of the window, searching for his sister amongst the crowd passersby who should have followed the signs towards his current location.

Rud says: “Perhaps she couldn’t remove herself from her tail and is afraid to lead them here with her. Let’s wait for another half an hour if she still doesn’t show up then I will find a way into their place.”


 

Meanwhile back in Space:

Theodore sees this scene in his mind and he’s currently racking his brain to calculate the best options ‘help search’ or ‘give up on them’.

Option 1; Help search, but where to begin? Is she still in the City or was she amongst the females in this operation? Are we able to find her and retrieve her?

Option 2; Give up on them, there are more Death Mages that we can recruit and Andrew is of no significance. There should be hundreds of them on the continent.

If I choose option 2, I can ease up and don’t think about them, but do I give up so easily? With option 1, if I show concern towards my people, it can gain trust between them and us.

Theodore made his decision and says: “Rainy do you want to make a trip to the city and walk amongst other humans?” Rainy says: “I rather not, Theo!”

Theodore says: “You’ll need to experience it one day though. I am not sending you to the City alone, but with my mom later. Rud can’t find his sister, so I want to ask you if you can and of course, will draw her face out of his memory on paper.”

“We can use the drawing to have Spacey see if she was amongst those 100 who departed from our Village. If she’s amongst them, we can try searching for her with Haze help.”

“If she’s not then Rud and Andrew need to walk the streets of the City while our surveillance will check every location starting with her resting place first.”

Rainy says: “If it’s that, then yes I agree.” “Okay, let’s see how they are finishing up. I need to prepare to meet them,” says Theodore.


 

Forest: In the open field where the remaining guard stood:

Eric and the others walk toward the remaining two guards.

Ian and Steve shaken by the 2 men and 2 females approaching them, they tried with all their might to draw their swords. Eric says: “You’ve seen the outcome of your companions and you’re still prepared to fight back?” Eric shakes his head and continues: “Such courage!”

He turns his head towards Bruce and the others and says: “I haven’t fought for a long time. Let me have both of them, okay?” Bruce says with a smirk: “Go for it, Francis!”

Hearing this name, his blood starts to boil, and the energy overflow out of his body. He yells ~Valor~! With a sword in each hand, he charged toward the guards. Ian and Steve take defensive stances, ready to block the upcoming attack and hopefully counter-attack.

Eric suddenly made a sidestep to the right approaching Steve head-on and blocking Ian from making a move. Steve made a slashing movement from over his head to downward. Eric flicked his left-handed sword to make light contact with Steve’s sword. With his right-handed sword, he stabbed Steve in his right shoulder and retracted his blade.

Gruesome expanded version:

Spoiler

Blood started to spew out of the wound and splatters on the ground. Steve put his left hand on the wound trying to stop the bleeding. But he suddenly….

[collapse]

Eric lifted his right leg and kicks Steve on his chest, who stumbles backward hitting with his back Ian. Eric made a 360 degree turn swiftly passing Steve and swings his right-handed sword downward and a slashing motion from right to left with his left-handed sword toward Ian.

Gruesome expanded version:

Spoiler

Ian left arm was cut off and blood started to spew out of his wound where his arm would have been, while his left leg almost cut off cleanly, blood spurted out of his leg as well.

[collapse]

With an arm laying on the ground and a deep wound in Ian’s left leg, he was out of commission. Steve struggled on the ground trying to distance himself from Eric. But Eric showed no leniency, he stabs Ian in the heart, relieving him from further pain.

Eric walks towards Steve to finish him off. Steve in panic says: “You won’t get away with this we Untainted will have our revenge!” Eric says: “Ohh, and who is the Untainted getting his revenge on?” Steve says: “On you….”

His words got cut short with a sword slashing his throat.

Suddenly Theodore’s voice is heard: “Tsk, tsk, tsk, what a mess, what a mess.” Eric, Bruce, and May search for the voice to see where it’s coming from and sees Theodore was swooped up in the embrace of Jade. Theodore yells: “Joy! Not here in the open!”

 

 

 

Spoiler

tries to explain:

[1] Well the last guard at least is granted a name, albeit late :P

Note:

An explanation about the bloody gore in the spoiler tags, though I've already tagged this web novel with Gore, Sexual Content and Strong Language. Some parts are too vicious and can be imagined when reading it, but personally, I can't leave these side factors out when writing. It has to do with the environment the scene is played out. And can attract sudden surprises and even used for investigations in the story. Long story short, there be more of them. Ignore or read to your heart's content.

[collapse]

8