Volume 0002-Revelation & Growth, Chapter – 046 – Aftermath Afternoon Hunt – Ore Vein
359 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After released by Jade, Theodore helps with cleaning and restoring the area to its original state as far as possible. He put the deceased and any remnant body parts inside the Foreign Object Locker sorting the gains of this aftermath through it.

While working on the restoration of the area, Theodore informed them of the situation about the Elves, Rud’s sister, and the Honey Bird which is currently unconscious on a contraption.

 

After they were done, Theodore couldn’t help but ask while grinning: “Why did you leave the Death Mage Tim alive, Francis?” Eric looks serious at Theodore and says: “If you want to play this game, then you’ll need to know how it feels killing your own kind, that’s what my dad thought me.”

Hearing this Theodore the grin on his face froze and his body shudders, while Eric draws a knife from his back, and continues: “I was planning to teach you this later because it’s a part of our training as practitio… cultivators. But everything is progressing way too fast. You can’t always stand by the side and watching others kill.”

“At the moment it’s your turn, you need to know where you need to stab, slash or cut. The neck, the throat, the eyes, the ears, these are all the exposed weak spots on the human body, no matter which cultivation stage they have reached.”

“The second choice is the inner side of the thighs and the left side of the chest, these parts are mostly protected by armor or bones and you’ll need strength to breach them first before you are able to reach for their heart or leg large (femoral) artery.”

“Once stabbed, cut or slashed, your opponent has one slim chance of survival, but usually they’ll be dead within 10 seconds. Always be direct and decisive.”

“After doing the deed you need to stay calm and collected depending on the situation. It’s easy to say, but keeping your mind in such a state is very difficult to do.”

The crows on the trees watching this could only make affirmative sounds of raa, raa, raa, caw, caw, caw. Bruce, who is near, starts to receive the crows in the backpack given by Eric as Theodore and Haze's companion has discussed earlier the way to enter Space.

 

Eric turns and takes Theodore’s right hand, he put the knife handle in it, he says: “Finish him off and we can get out of here.” The knife handle was 15 cm long and blade about 20 cm. Theodore sees his own reflection on the blade and his eyes show a glint of panic but determination.

Theodore looks up to Eric, then towards Jade and the others. They all nodded. Finally, he put his sight on Tim, who laid there on the ground tied down and gagged.

The body of Tim suddenly shudders as he watches how Theodore is looking at him. He sees Theodore walking towards him. He tries to struggle, he tries to say something ‘mmm, mmm’ but to no avail.

Coming closer to Tim, he put the blade towards his neck. He puts his mouth near his ear and says: “Sorry, but the Holy Light Church has crossed the line, trying to create conflict with the Elves,…Slash.” Theodore cuts the arteries in Tim’s neck.

Gruesome expanded version:

Spoiler

Blood spewed out of Tim’s neck, some of the blood splashes on Theodore’s face. He was too slow to move back.

[collapse]

After the deed is done, Theodore stands frozen, looking at the dying Tim. No remorse is seen on his gently little face, just pity for someone as an experienced Death Mage who completely threw himself with the Holy Light Church, willingly or unwillingly.

When they first saw the scene back at the Chief mansion, he was startled first, but who would imagine these Death Mages be in conspiracy with Light Mages if it isn’t for benefits. But they need to be alive to enjoy it if they were even able to receive their rewards after this operation.


 

Couple hours earlier in the Chief mansion, the Death Mages room:

Jacob who was jubilant says: “We finally got our opportunity to open a secondary affinity. With it, we can walk in the open without.” Tim, who is sitting on his bed, says: “Jacob, calm down! We still haven’t begun with the mission.”

Jacob says: “What can go wrong? We just have to remain in the back and refine some puppets for them to use as fall guys. We have done it before on several missions and nothing….” Tim interrupts Jacobs by saying: “Shh…! We are not in our own territory. Be careful what you say and remember for who we work for.” Jacob just grins, sits on the bed, and closed his eyes.


 

Forest: Aftermath

Jade and Eric, already prepared, walk towards Theodore, Jade gives him a towel to wipe his face, and Eric says: “The experience you gain today will come with restless nights. This is something each of us has experienced. Though everyone reacts differently, the common part is that you’ll need to keep yourself busy. Now clean up your mess and let us return to Space!”

 

Theodore wipes off the blood from his face and, after, starts cleaning the spot. After several minutes, Haze and his companion land near Theo, and say: “Boss, can you get my companion, raa, a ring as well, raa?

Theodore looks at Haze then at Haze’s companion and says: “Yes, I can but we need to go in Space to get one.” Haze companion looks sideways at Theodore then the backpack, and says: “So, caw, I need to enter the backpack, caw?

Theodore nods, and asks: “Yes, sorry! But it won’t take long. Once we enter Space we let you and your friends out. As Haze promised you, I will help your friends to evolve inside Space. Though I can only give you the same ring as Haze, your friends need to go in the Backpack if we need to exit or enter Space, we currently don’t have enough magical crystal for everyone.” Haze’s companion reluctantly nodded, and says: “Yes, caw, take me in, caw!” Theodore pats its head and she was put in the backpack.

Eric and Bruce checks the surroundings if they missed any signs they haven’t cleaned up yet. With branches, they erased their footsteps. With that done Eric and the others surround Theodore touching him, and Haze stood on the arm of Bruce, they disappeared from the Forest.


 

Meanwhile in Dragon City:

Rud feels something shaking in his pocket. He took out the marble and it repeated the sequence again, 4 shakes and a long glow. Rud looks at Andrew and says: “The young master is coming to meet us. We need to find an open area for him and his guards to teleport safely. Let’s get out of the City. There is a secluded open space there!”

Andrew worried, and asks: “But what about your sister.” Rud frustrated on what to do, but came to a decision, he takes off his necklace and gave it to Andrew, says: “You remain here! If she sees the signs, it would lead her to this room. Show her the necklace and say I’ll be back soon.”

Rud left the room and walks in the direction of the City gate. Luckily it wasn’t that far, because they remained in the outer ring of the city, where the poor commoners are living and cheap accommodation is located.


 

Back in Space:

Theodore and the others arrive in Space. He is a little absentminded while drinking a cup of Spring Water.

Bruce and the others released Haze, his companion, and their friends into Space. Curious to where they were they flew up in the sky looking around. Haze explains to them the situation.

May went to the Shed to gather a bucket and filled it with Spring Water, while Bruce takes out another portion of sliced raw raptor meat. Seeing it wasn’t enough Eric went to the Barn to withdraw more meat from the locker.

Bruce walks to Theodore and says: “Let get the Honey Bird and pull down the contraption.” Theodore says: “Yes, lets! But it’s better to let those contraptions hang. This way we can disrupt the communication between the Elves and the Village.”

Bruce holds Theodore's shoulder and both of them disappeared from Space.


 

Forest: 50 meters near the border of the Village:

Theodore and Bruce appear. They walk towards the contraption where the Honey Bird is. After they arrived, Bruce lowered the contraption and after inspecting the Honey Bird from close, Theodore pats its head and puts it in the Foreign Object Locker. Bruce fills the bowl with Spring Water and raised the contraption again.

While there, Spacey says in Theodore mind: “TJ, go back to the burrow where you’ve gotten the 2 little spotted leopards. In the debris you took from there, there was a small clump of iron. I haven’t checked it clearly underground, but perhaps there is an iron vein.

Theodore asks: “Hmm… where is Rud now?” Spacey says: “He just went out the City gate and is still walking towards an area with no other people around.

Theodore turns towards Bruce and says: “Uncle, we need to go to the burrow. Spacey says there might be an iron vein nearby. Since we are here shall we have a look?” Bruce says in delight: “Of course we should try. If there is an iron vein, we can mine it!”

Theodore shakes his head and says: “We don’t have people currently to mine it, nor a shop that can sell it. But OFT-Space can really use such veins as later we do require all sorts of metals for construction and products. Wouldn’t it be better if Space can produce its own iron?” Bruce exclaims and says: “It can do that?”

Theodore nods, as they walk toward the burrow, and says: “Yes, it’s under the Landscape option. It requires an ore vein to highlight and we just need to buy the design and drop it at a location near a Metalwork factory.”

They arrived near the burrow and Spacey says: “Put your hand on the ground and let me inspect the area.” Theodore did as Spacey said.

After a few minutes, they heard a rumbling noise and could feel the earth beneath their feet shook. Tremors ran in the area behind the burrow and an area of 10 by 10 meters caves in and stretched all the way towards Theodore's hand. Theodore turns pale as the energy inside his body is almost drained. Seeing this Bruce filled a cup of Spring Water and let Theodore drink it.

Spacey says: “I’ve received a premature Iron Vein. Pity you can’t emit more energy I just received 1/3 of the complete underground Iron ore, including the Vein. You need to return to Space this noise is surely heard within the Village. Also, your Visiting Hours has reduced with 2 hours, you still have 1 hour remaining in Space, do what you have to do with the remaining time.

Theodore looks up to Bruce, and says: “We need to return, this noise surely will attract the people in the Village.” Bruce nodded and grabs Theodore's shoulder and they disappear.

10 minutes after they disappear, some people riding on horseback appear and look towards the caved-in section, wondering the cause of it.


 

Back in Space:

After Theodore appears in Space he sits down and meditates, replenishing his energy. He opens his eyes and sees in front of him a funny sight, about 15 crows laying on their backs with their claws in the air.

Tiny who hops between them suddenly stops and puts one leg on a crow’s chest and his tiny arms lifted upwards. Haze sees this got annoyed and starts chasing after Tiny, who moves swiftly in between the unconscious crows. The girls watching over the crows could only giggle.

Eric sees Theodore waking up, walks towards him, and asks: “How do you feel, son.” Theodore stood up and says: “Just replenishing some of my energy, dad.” He drinks another cup of Spring Water and continues: “Spacey just used 2 hours of the energy of OFT space. We can remain here for just one hour.”

Hearing this, Eric confused and asks: “What did it do just now? I’ve seen the area caved in.” Theodore explains: “Spacey transferred 1/3 of an underground Iron Vein from that location into Space. Soon when we have our Metalwork factory we can make stronger buildings and other metallic products.”

Eric exclaims: “It can do that?” Theodore nods and says: “It beats mining it ourselves out there. We can skip the labor costs for miners and cave-in like that. But to get it all, it requires a lot of energy to transfer it completely, we should be glad about just 1/3 of it. Luckily it got the iron vein though.”

Eric nods and says: “Yes, most of the costs are spent on labor. If it’s really is as you say than we could sell our product much cheaper than the prices on the market. Go busy yourself. We are almost done with the building, just the roof. I’ll store it in the Backpack. Also, check with Spacey what we got from this fight.” He was about to walk towards the fields, but turns around and ask: “Son, are you sure we need to do spend this much effort for someone who we just got acquainted with?”

Theodore nods and says: “Yes, dad! As long these guys have some beef with nobility or Holy Light Church, I am sure I can gain their trust and loyalty as long I can offer better things than those 2 without any conflicts to their morals. It doesn’t matter if we find Rud’s sister or not. Just with this effort, they should feel that we are more trustworthy than Untainted.

Eric says: “As long as you know what you’re doing son!” He turns around and walks towards the unfinished structure.

 

Theodore calls over the girls and starts walking towards the Barn. He tells them they don’t have much time remain in Space and is going to take out the 2 cubs from the Foreign Object Locker.

After withdrawing the 2 cubs, Theodore looks at the cubs in his arms and asks Rainy: “Hmm, Rainy. What do I feed them?” Rainy looks at the 2 cubs with sparkling eyes, she says: “Milk of course.” She felt sadden and continues: “But a pity their mother is dead.”

Spacey interrupts them by saying: “Give them some milk, mix with a drop of Spring Water. That will do for the first 4 months.” The cubs suddenly open their eyes and look at Theodore and made a purr, purr sound.

Theodore hurriedly says: “Let’s get some milk and feed them. They are hungry.” They walk towards the Origin Station and is met up with May and the others. May look at the 2 cubs and says: “We drank all the milk earlier we need to get some more from home.”

Theodore gives the 2 cubs to May and says: “Aunt, put them in the Backpack and return home. The OFT-Space is soon going into hibernation, so it’s better for you guys to return. I, mom, uncle, and Rainy will go near Dragon City to meet up with Rud. He’s waiting for us to show up.”

“If it’s not done within 10 minutes there, we would stay in Dragon City for 3 hours until Space opens up again. We’ll eat something in the City and do some shopping.”

May in doubt asks: “Are you sure Theodore, you won’t be recognized?” Theodore shakes his head and says: “No, we won’t, it won’t be easy to see through our disguises. Besides, the confrontation between the Elves and the Untainted hasn’t started yet. We’ll make it just in time to see the Elves in action.”

May put the 2 cubs inside the backpack, the unconscious crows, and Haze companion. Shortly she, Jenna, Maggie, Haze, and Tiny return to the outside.

 

Eric looks at Theodore and says: “Be careful in Dragon City. Though you are wearing disguises, you never know if you bump into our clan members.” Jade nods and says: “We will, hub! I’ll go to visit my parents while there.” She looks at Bruce and says: “You should take this opportunity to gauge your family situation, and we’ll discuss what we do from there on.” Bruce emotionally nodded.

Eric continues: “I’ll go back home and continue on the field.” He looks over to Theodore and says: “Once you teleport stay in Dragon City and slowly replenish your energy there. See you after 3 hours.” Theodore nods to Eric and sees him exited OFT-Space.

 

Theodore looks at Bruce, Jade, Rainy, and says: “Come let’s meet up with Rud.” They held him and soon disappears from OFT Space.


 

Outside a forested area near Dragon City:

Rud anxiously waiting for Theodore to arrive, soon in front of him, 4 swirls are spinning and solidify.

Rud steps forwards, bows, and says: “Young Master!” Theodore walks towards him and says: “You don’t have to bow, nor call me young master in populated areas, just call me TJ.”

“You already know these 2, Joy and Paul, this girl here is my cousin Nathalie.”

Rud looks at them prepared to bow but was stopped by Theodore, he looks at him nods, and says: “Nice to meet you!”

Theodore explains why he’s here: “The marbles have two functions, one to support you in guiding, warning you if danger approaching your direction in a certain radius. Of which you’ve already been told by Paul.”

“The second function is to inform me if those possessing these marbles are met with trouble, and to observe you.”

When Rud hears nods at the first function, but when it came to the second function on the latter. His face turns red as it about to explode with anger.

 

Theodore shakes his head and says: “You don’t need to worry, I am not with the Holy Light Church. Everything that observed is watched by a spirit and I gave it commands only to report back to me if you are met with trouble or betrayed us!” Rud looks confused ‘spirit, what’s that’.

Theodore continues: “You need to understand Rud, we just got acquainted and I’ve brought you into my employment to work for me not against me. It's mutual cooperation, I receive intelligence and you receive gold. But I need to rely on the information you give me later. So, how can I judge if the information is true or false.”

“And trust me being in my employment, you will gain much more than gold. Just like the bottle with special water that removes the impurities from your body. I have methods for you to gain a second affinity besides the one you inherited, the Death QI.”

Rud exclaims and asks: “There is a method to gain a second affinity?” Theodore nodded, and says: “Yes there is! But let’s talk about it later. I was informed that your sister didn’t show up?”

 

Rud nods, depressed, and says: “Yes, I left signs for her to meet us in the inn we are staying, but she didn’t show up.” Theodore nods, and pointed towards Rainy: “My cousin is good at drawing, let’s go to the inn and she’ll draw her face on paper. Then I let the spirit check the faces of 100 Untainted mercenaries that left from the Forest Village to the forest earlier today.”

Looking at Rud puzzled face as they walk toward the City Gate. Theodore explains that this afternoon 300 Untainted mercenaries were deployed around 2 pm to hunt Elves and the probability for her to be in a group of 100 that left from the Forest Village was high since Dragon City is nearer to Forest Village than the other Villages.

 

They reach the gate and stood in the row of several people in line who want to enter the City.

 

 

tries to explain:

I had a moment of clarity and finished this chapter. I thought I had enough chapters for the daily release last week but miscalculated as I forgot about my promise on double issues on the regular release days, well it was a 6 long event but released a double (3)-(4) chapter last Wednesday.

I am taking Wednesday, June 24th, free and will be back on Sunday, June 28th! Cheers!

 

10