Chapter 10: Chasing Pavements
27 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Ryoichi, us too, right?" says Mrs. Hatano who was beside us the whole time.

"Of course, Miyuki. You are actually in the same sector as us. Go with us. You too, Hozumi." 

Father leads us and several other people into our quarters. A simple building with all the necessities for living but it seems like it wasn't used for quite some time now, collecting dust in most of the surface. It has a massive curved hallway that is partitioned into several parts. In each partition, there seems to be a kitchen area an electric stove that's connected with the central system run by solar power. Near that is a door that leads to a storage room that contains massive amounts of stocked food and water that can sustain several people for months. Some recreational stuff like television and surprisingly. consoles are also found there. There are still several boxes inside left unopened.

"Cool, there's even Fiend Hunter: Earth here!" bursts out Hozumi as he digs into the piles of video games in the storage.

"Really?! Let me take a look too!" Hana, who was unknowingly behind us for a while now rushes into the room with him. 

"Ryoichi, we'll check the storage room for more. We'll be back at the hallway later." says Mrs. Hatano.

"Okay." He, then, leads us towards separate bedrooms, each containing 3 bunk beds.

"Our family and the Hatanos stays here."

He points to the other people following us: including Kana with her brother it seems; Hana's family; and some vaguely familiar faces,

"You people on the other hand, are on this and that room." Every bedroom seems to be filled with dust, so everyone went on a cleaning spree. So now...

"Raziel, Pravuil. I have finally given you virtually your full powers. I can use it whenever I want." I talk to them telephatically. Raziel just grins and Pravuil asks me a lot of questions.

"How did you think of your plan?" or "How are you gonna hunt the remaining sinners?" and more but I only answered his final one.

"What is your next move?"

"Heh..." I look down on them and finally... the best thing I can do to reach that pleasure again... to reach heaven...

"I will do nothing." Pravuil looks absolutely dumbfounded but Raziel seems to know why already.

 "Wh-wh-what do you mean nothing? Didn't you get all of these mortals to make use of our powers? To finally enact the will of God? To-"

"I shall do nothing, Pravuil. Why don't you just read my mind and tell me why?" 

"...ahhh, I see. Let the chaser be chased. I'm genuinely astonished!"

"Yes. I am basically a GOD with this power, but it is not worth it to waste my efforts to search billions of innocent fodder to find the sinners. They will show themselves, they will fight amongst themselves, kill themselves, and in the end... only a few will remain. I shall finish them off when that time comes. And I have to be careful too, for showing too much of my power might give off signs that I am a sinner to other sinners."

"I read every mind of every sinner before I came here, and I know that only you can come up with such plans. I would've said this would be boresome but..." said Raziel looking smug at me, "...this will be amusing."

"No matter, I'll live as a normal person just trying to survive at this point onwards. It-."

Our silent conversation was cancelled by a bump to my side. It seems to be someone else cleaning the floors of the hallway, a fairly tall short haired blonde with a huge ahoge atop of it. She immediately apologizes but then suddenly lightens up.

"Red and blue eyes! I recognize you! Pacific-chan, right?! I'm your kindergarten teacher!" she seemed very jolly.

"Ahhh! Teacher-sensei!" Those were simple days, where I'd keep chasing after those cotton candy-looking dandelions and she would keep pulling me away... Unknowingly, I giggled for a short while.

"Those times where you ate those dandelions, hahaha. It's nice to meet you again, Pacific-chan. My husband and I thankfully survived and so I still have an oasis in this dire situation. I hope I can have a fresh start with you and everyone here." Her words were rooted deep into her heart. She actually looks different than when she was my teacher. She's wearing these round glasses and winter clothes too, with that rose-tinted scarf she has. First time I saw her not in "teacher" mode.

"Same here. I'll do my best." I replied. After that, we quickly separated ways and cleaned up our quarters.


"Approximately 14 hours."

"Okay." 

I know you're in Japan. The hope for our people, the American people, lies in me. We'll start going to an old friend of mine in that country, and I shall make him help me yet again. 

"Dandelion, where are we going?" asks the president.

"To a secret base in Japan."

0