Chapter 14: Not Today
27 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"The world has gone mad!"

"Aubrey, I'm sure it was just the American President and Teacher-sensei's husband."

Here we are at Windy's seated beside my friend, and right in front of me is the teacher of Pacific-chan. It was such a horrible thing to happen. Never would a million years would Ryoichi would to that to me. To be hurt by your loved one...

Miyuki is not like me, she is not afraid to step over boundaries. Sometimes it is good, sometimes bad. But what she asked actually matters.

"So, Teacher-sensei, how long has that been happening?" pertaining to the wounds on her neck. Miyuki suddenly grabs the teacher's arms and rolls up her long sleeves, revealing more wounds and bruises. My God! How horrible. The battered Teacher whose tears began to fall from her eyes.

"It was a year after we got married. Before that, we were just a normal couple... But then he started drinking, everytime I come home tired from teaching toddlers, the house would be littered with hundreds of bottles on the floor and everytime I try to stop him he would..." I stood up from my seat and gave her the hug she needed.

"There there."

"Thank you *sniff* Hanasaki-san, for your *sniff* husband's help."

"No,no,no. It's all of Ryoichi's own decision. Even back when I was still in Russia, he was always been this guy who will protect anyone no matter what." It was true even before he left for the military. I'm pretty sure Pacific-chan loves him because of it.

"Haha. No wonder you ended up here in Japan, not even wearing winter clothes." 

"I'm jealous of you, Aubrey-san."


Really. They are such a perfect couple. But why... what happened with her? I found myself staring at the door with the employees only sign. She's in there.


"I wonder why Hozumi-san is not here with us."

"Ahh. I told him to take care of my little brother at the base."

Sacks of frozen patties and chicken can be seen in the freezer room. Here we go. Phew. It's not that heavy, only weighs about as much as probably 20 kilos. Meanwhile, Kana and Hana are sweating bullets.

"P-Pacific-chan... *hah* you're," Hana carried a sack all the way to the main area and places it down, "strong!"

*thump

An orchestra of breaking dishes and glasses come from behind. Of course, looking at the scene of the source, it was a Kana laying on her back with the sack on her face. 

"Help!"

Thankfully (thankfully?), no shards got to her body. 

"Geez! Just tell me and Pacific-chan!"

"Sorry!"

We sweeped the floor for any remaining litter and immediately returned to doing our jobs. We let Kana handle the lighter stuff.

"W-why are we doing this anyways?! Isn't this stealing?!"

Maybe ten days ago, this would be considered stealing. But because of world war stuff, no one will probably complain about some children taking some food. Especially that this is for us survivors of Marina. 

"Besides, the psychopath who owns this chain probably got his brains blown out or something."  Oh fuck, I accidentally blurted out my own thoughts. Oh no. What will they think of the perfect Pacific now? Is the beautiful and charming-

"HAHAHAHA!" Unexpectedly, I see a laughing Kana rolling on the ground.

"Wow. Pacific-chan. that's quite harsh. Haha." 

W-Why? Why are they so kind? They didn't get angry or started to become bitchy like most of my classmates. This feels strange.

"It's okay, Pacific. We're friends! We can say stuff like that secretly."

We've been friends for like a week or less! How can they just say stuff like that?! Is this... the feeling of acceptance? Is this part of being normal? Oh damnit. I thought disgusting stuff again. Surely Raziel will say something again.

.

.

.

Not today, it seems. Incredibly bizarre. How about you, Pravuil? What's happening to Raziel?

"I have precisely been baffled, sinner. The angel of secrets is just on that corner... contemplating."  

Surprising, even angels like you have brains. Shouldn't God just give you all of your powers and answers to your questions?

"It's part of God's plan. Wistfully, us angels don't possess immense wisdom regarding humanity. Only from oral traditions and scrolls we know of you. We are structured according to His image after all, but imperfectly. We quite resemble different qualities of His." 

I can partly understand some of his chatter. Basically, they can't understand humans perfectly, just as we can't understand them. And they also have limited knowledge of these... events.

"Exactly. One thing I've been pondering about was your utilization of Control and ignited that war, extirpating lives of some sinners. Why am I the only extra angel at your disposal?"

Good question. I have been wondering about that too. That was one of my goals when I did that, because having lots of these overpowered abilities can secure my route to victory.

"Aku-chan! That's all of them! What are you doing there? Your papa is back here!"

Oh yeah. It must look really weird to be staring at the void for a long time. I see father seated with mother.

"-yeah. That's why I locked him inside that car. Military cars can be locked outside." 

It seems that Teacher-sensei's husband will remain in that car until further notice. 

"Pacific-chan, Kana-chan, and Hana-chan. Now that you're here, I have to announce that that we are going to stay at Marina until the blizzard has passed."

We have brought a lot of boxes and sacks, so it only makes sense to stay here because we can't carry all of those to the base which is miles away.

"Mr. Hanasaki-san, where are we going to stay? I don't want to be alone at my house!"

"That's why I was talking to Miyuki-san here, you and Hana-chan will stay at their house."

...that leaves,

"And you, Teacher-sensei, will stay with us. We can't have you being alone because he might come for you and do those stuff at you again."

Fuck. Fuck? Wait. Actually that makes my job easier. Why am I feeling a little nervous?

"Thank you, Ryoichi-san for earlier and now. I'll be in your care."


Mom and Dad told Teacher-sensei to tour her around the house. Goddamnit.

"Teacher-sensei, this is the bathroom. There is a bathtub here, there are even bubble soap that you can put for a bubble bath! Turn this faucet here and tadaaa!"

"I see."

"And this is our storage room. There are ladders and toys and other stuff in here if you-"

"Cut the crap. I know you know that I'm the one who stabbed you last night."

"-want to play or look at the roof! Sometimes I-"

"Please shut the fuck up... I had a bad day already!" She forcefully grabs me by the shoulders and pushes me up to a wall and begins to have tears in her eyes.

"I'M SORRY, OKAY?! YOU THINK I WANTED TO KILL YOU? IT'S NOT LIKE ME TO STAB SOMEONE... *sniff* not like me..."

"Hoh. You dare tell me it's not like you? DO YOU EVEN KNOW HOW PAINFUL IT IS TO GET STABBED IN THE FUCKING STOMACH OVER AND OVER AGAIN AND-" 

"IT'S BECAUSE OF THIS BLOODY ANGEL! YOU KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT! YOU KNOW I HAD TO DO IT FOR THE WISH!" She fell to her knees.

"I need that *sniff* fucking wish..."

She unhands me and broke down in more tears. What is this wish that she is talking about? I continued listening to her words.

"The angel *sniff* told me t-that once I k-kill a *sniff* person, I would be granted a single *sniff* wish."

A single wish? If she kills a person? What? Is that how it is? What is she talking about? Did... did Raziel lie to me? Or did her angel lied to her? I hear a distant laughter. My head hurts... It seems she regained composure. She kneels in front of me and bows with her head touching the ground.

"Please. Forgive me." She reaches out her right arms, "We each just have to kill one person. We can work together."

Ahhh. She doesn't know that that is the first time I heard about the wish. I don't even know if it is real... I hold her hand.

"Okay."

0