Chapter 16: Numb
16 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Dear~ Are you asleep?"

He's definitely not. Being a soldier for years, coming back, then just sleeping beside your beautiful wife? Absolutely no way. I snuggled my way into his side of the bed and took a little sniff at his neck.

*shiver*

"Ohooooo. I felt a little tingle from you," I fully embrace the warmth of my husband's lean yet quite built body. I teasefulluy caressed his abdomen.

"Want to play, Ry-o-chan~?"

*knock* *knock*

We were both caught off guard by the sudden noise at the door. I think it's around midnight. Is it Pacific-chan? Why is she awake right now? I took a matchstick and scraped the tip to the side of the match box, revealing Pacific's unsually pale face. It seemed that words can't escape her mouth and just points us to where she wants us to go.

"What's the matter, Pacific-chan."

"..."

It was the first time I saw those eyes devoid of any vividness. It's as if she wasn't born with heterochromia. It was the three of us, walking inside our home in the middle of the night. The terrifying howls of the blizzard wind causing every little creak of our wooden roof, complimented with the heavy stench that entered our noses made me disproportionately nervous. Ryoichi looked at me and calmly informed me,

"I... recognize this scent."

Click-clack. Click-clack. My senses felt heightened. Click-clack. I felt every vibration from every step that we make. Click-clack. The closet room. Click-clack. Ryoichi first entered the room while Pacific-chan slumped on the wall. Click-clack.

"Ryoichi? What did yo-"

"DON'T COME HERE!"

His scream was petrifying. He was always a composed, serene man much like the ocean waves. But sometimes, even it can come crashing down. Why can I hear his unregular breathing? I found myself slightly trembling.

"W-why are you s-screaming? Wouldn't Teacher-sensei wake up?"

He returns to us with full intensity, grabs both of us, and embraces us as if his life depended on it. 

"I'm so, so sorry, Pacific-chan. What you saw must have terrified you."

"Hey! Tell me what's in the storage?"

He took his time. I felt my own heartbeat getting faster and faster. Yes... I was so scared. He finally opened his mouth.

 

 

"Teacher-sensei.. killed herself."

 

 

I thought I was prepared for his words but I wasn't. He, then, brought us a piece of paper. The words written in it are as follows:

I think this is enough.

The rope fits perfectly.

Maybe... I will meet him in heaven.

Yeah.

I'm sorry, husband. 

God... show me... even just a tiny sillouhette...

̴̭̘̰̾̈́̓.̶̞̪͖͎̀̊͊.̴͕̠̳̜͌.̶̧̰̹̒̊͝o̵̲̠̮̽̓͝f̶̬̣̹̀̂ ̴̦̥͂m̴̟̚y̷̺̼̐̍̇ ̸̨͙͉̳̅̎͝š̴̺̚o̴̡̝͖͊͌̎͌͜n̴̙̉͋̇̈́͜.̸͓͈̳͋

The further the message when on, more and more blood is splattered across the paper. I can't even begin to think what has happened. 

"May her soul rest in peace."


We informed Miyuki-san about what happened. Her first reaction was to think of Kana-chan and Hana-chan, and told them a lie.

"She... left for Raguna."

Of course, they reacted lightheartedly.

"Eeeh? Is there even anything left at Raguna?"

"I see. The weather does look better today."

With the snow melted, it finally allowed us to use the car we left at the kindergarten school. Her... husband was just there sleeping inside of the car. We knocked on its windows, awakening the slumbering man.

"Oh... morning."

We opened the car and that's when he noticed.

"Wait. Where's Yuki-chan?" Yuki-chan... 

"Nevermind... she probably wanted to stay in Marina for a while, didn't she. She probably doesn't want to fucking see me for a while. I don't know what the hell I was doing earlier... I probably don't even deserve her. When did I become such an alcoholic... She should just leave me already or something."

All of a sudden, Pacific-chan moves towards the man and strongly punches him in the face.

"WHAT DID YOU FUCKING SAY? DESPITE *smack* EVERYTHING THAT YOU DID, SHE HAS ALWAYS LOVED YOU! SHE ALWAYS THOUGHT OF YOU AND YOUR SON!"

It was an extreme show of emotion from her. Ryoichi and I didn't have the courage to stop her. She fell to the ground and cried once again. Ryoichi gave the last letter of Yuki to her husband.

"It's just like the weather, huh. The yuki (snow in japanese) ... is gone."

It was a painful ride back to base.

0