Chapter 17: Forever
21 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The metallic ringing of the air vents kept creeping on my ears. Alone in this dark room, laying on my back, and staring at the underside of the top bunk bed. Is my mind forever like this? Tainted by her desparate wish that was almost by her clutches. I already murdered a poor man. I already murdered billions of people. Why? Why now? Status Display:

Kills: 2,521,684,913
World Population 1,161,345,141
Sinners left: 1,325

It fell so much from what it was. One billion people left. Why are you doing this, God? Why must billions of people suffer just for eternal paradise? Why won't you just send us straight to heaven? Why? Why did you command us to take more of your precious creation? Status Display - God.

Error: "God" doesn't exist.

Of course.

"Ahhh, so you're here, Pacific-san. Finally, I can have these for my spare time!"

Hozumi opens the lights while carrying some books. It looks like those light novels and other stuff that Miyuki-san writes and reads. He places those on their side of the room.

"Phew. You won't believe how smart and crazy Kana-chan's little brother is! He didn't let me spend my own time at all!"

Look at him. He's so ignorant of what's happening. Yeah. Such blissful innocence.

"Mom is acting really weird today. I know she's weird but not that quiet. It's so strange."

*sigh*

"But not only her, even Kana-chan and Hana-chan... Hey, are you listening?"

Nothing really matters. They'll all go to heaven anyways.

"Hey! You're acting weird too. Hey, Tell me what's wrong!"

"Why won't they just nuke us already."

He pulled my arms, making me sit on my bed. 

"Don't say ridiculous stuff like that!"

"Heh. You and most people will go to heaven anyways. While people like me..."

His demeanor becomes more powerful, full of hope in his eyes.

"Heaven? Hell? Who the gives a fuck about those imaginary crap? What's most important is we live right now! And that's what is most important!"

"Why does this life even matter anymore. Let's just hurry up the inevitable."

I grabbed the knife under my bed and tried to stab my left temple but he forcefully grabbed my wrists and pulled the knife away from me.

"Damn it, Aku-chan! Then fucking live forever if you're so scared of heaven and hell!"

Heaven... the ultimate pleasure. Hell.... the ultimate pain. God wanted us to get out of Earth and live forever in one of his dimensions... 

"That's it!"

"What?"

I pushed Hozumi out of myy face and rushed outside to the bathroom. I looked at myself in the mirror and finally had the best realization. My enemy isn't sinners or the angels. It's Him. It's God. Hey, Raziel. Why won't you tell me if ther-

"Shut it, human! I'm busy!"

Raziel has been acting strange lately. Maybe you, Pravuil. Do you know if there is any Angel with the power togive immortality or something? 

"It's not within my repository of knowledge, but I do know that there is an Angel of Knowledge. She might be able to assist you if you find her."

Yeah. Yeah! If I have to play this game, I will have to play by my own rules. I have to defy HIM. I will defeat God and his games. Oh, I almost forgot about her. There's another angel beside Pravuil, a white-haired, silver eyed angel wearing a somehwat pinkish dress. Same aura of light and same feathery wings. The notable difference are her lvery small stature, her seemingly reserved posture, and her glaring lack of a mouth. Hmm... Maybe you know something about the Angel of Knowledge?

"..."

Alas, no response because yeah...

"She is Dumah, the Angel of Silence. You shouldn't expect her to communicate at all times. She will lend you your powers, though."

Anyways, I finally have my energy back. Yeah. I have to fight. This is the least I could do for her. For Yuki-sensei. There are some people I do know that might help me know more about these angels. I rushed back towards the room, with Hozumi reading one of his books.

"You're back. What did you d-"

"Tell me everything you know about angels."

"Ooooh. Interested in this novel?"

He showed me the title of the book he's reading, "The Angels of the Lord."

0