Chapter 18: I Was Right
52 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ryoichi and I found ourselves in a private room with the three most important people in this base. The commander of the Marina Mountain Base: Michiko Komanda; The President of the United States: Ronald K. Gump; and the FBI Director and personal friend of my husband: Daniel "The Lion Seamore or Dandelion. We were delivering the news about the suicide of Yuki-san. Michiko-san doesn't seem to be affected.

"Hanged herself... huh."

That is until she showed her frustration by grabbing a pen and stabbing herself on her left palm. I was powerless to be able to move, for even I understood that that was a move of repentance.

"Even after all these years, I still can't protect someone."

"Commander. If someone is to blame, it is me. She was in our home and I should'vee known what she was feeling, but I was stupid! I even let my daughter see the horrid sight. DAMN IT!"

But I had the power to be there for Ryo. I held his hands to comfort him.

"Dandelion. Who is that woman holding Hanasaki's hands?"

"That is his wife, Aubrey. She was the one who saved Hanasaki-san from that incident."

"I see. That incident."

Everyone in the room looked sorrowful. I had no idea what happened back then, but it must be something that shouldn't be shared with a normal citizen like me. Dandelion did something that caught me off guard.

"My personal recommendation is to allow these Japanese about what we know so far, they will help us."

"Can we 100% trust them, Dandelion? This is top secret, you know?"

"I would do whatever it takes to save the world."

"Heh. You aren't called 'The Lion' for nothing. Do whatever you like ."

I wasn't prepared for it. It was like something out of a game that Miyuki would definitely like. And I don't know what I did to get the honor of seeing this. It was life-changing, to say the least. Dandelion took the pistol on his side and pointed it to his left temple.

"Watch this."

*BANG*

"DANDELION!!!"

"Don't worry, Hanasakis. Dandelion did this for a reason. Tremendous!"

 

Ryo forcefully pushes the President down to the ground, an offense usually treated with immediate death.

"Hanasaki-san. Wait for 15 minutes. You will be surprised."

"IS THIS A JOKE?! MY FRIEND FUCKING SHOT HIMSELF IN THE HEAD!!! I JUST SAW SOMEONE HANGING ON MY HOUSE AND THEN DANDELIO-"

There was a cascading waterfall in his face. There was absolutely nothing I can do to control him now. I think this is a dream. A horrible nightmare. The commander apprehends Ryo by grappling his hands.

"As your commanding officer, I demand you to stop doing that shit, Corporal Ryoichi Hanasaki!"

"ARE YOU A PART OF THIS SHIT TOO, MICHIKO? YOU WERE THERE AND YOU FUCKING DO THIS? I WILL NEVER-"

*SMACK*

Ryo was punched unconcious. 

"I'm sorry, Aubrey-san. But your husband here has gone crazy."

"It's uh... okay."

"Believe Dandelion. Wait for 15 minutes."

"BIG SCARE! I thought I was gonna die! Very sad."

It was 14 minutes of torture. The room was just embraced by the stench of blood. I feel nauseous. Why am I the only one feeling this? The President and the commander looks bored as fuck... 

*cough* *cough*

"WHAT?!"

It definitely came from the corpse of Dandelion. Oh, what in the hell? His b-blood is going back to his body??!?!?! Wait what?!?! What the fuck is that?! There's a floating bullet?! What what ahwahtweae--- Calm down, Aubrey! Take a deep breath. Inhale. Exhale. 

"That was painful, although I'm getting used to it."

"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKK?! YOU'RE ALIVE?! WHAT THE FUCK?!"

Ryo was woken up by my screech, and he screamed too.

"AUBREY?! ARE YOU ALRIGHT?! W-what, Dandelion?!"

The commander was just fascinated.

"Interesting. Now, tell us what exactly happened."

Dandelion brushes some of the hair that has fallen off because of the gunshot. A closer inspection and there is absolutely no traces of the wound. It's as if nothing happened except for a weird balding pattern. I want to say that I'm either on drugs or dreaming because of that floating bullet beside him. He opened his arms widely and laughed crazily.

"HAHAHAHA! You finally saw the greatest thing in the world! Yes, the reason why I became the director of the FBI! It is because I am basically immortal! But that is not all! LEO! REVEAL YOURSELF!"

A humanoid figure slightly shows itself, holding the bullet. I can't see it clearly, just like a transparent plastic with a human as its borders. It had a bright light above its head though, and wing-like silhouette behind. Yes, it's like an ange-

"THIS IS LEO! MY ANGEL!"

It is an angel?! I-

"I-I can't believe it. Is everything that is happening... the end times written in the Christian Bible?"

"Exactly! But, we can't all go to heaven! God has commanded us to kill all of the sinners!"

"S-sinners?"

"Sinners! They are those who disobeyed God!"

"How should we know that?"

"The only clue I have is the angel's power. Leo, Inspect!"

A circular aura radiated from the angel, and it spoke with a deep voice like those in AI machines.

"78 sinners detected."

"My angel can detect where the sinners are in a radius of 50km, it doesn't help that much other than that though."

"That’s pretty fitting. Leo is the angel of The Lion." Ryo commented, as if accepting what is happening. He looked at me in the eyes and told me:

"I'm pretty used to these sort of things."

"But why would Dandelion even tell us about all of these? Why does he even have an... angel? Why specifically him? It doesn't make any sense!"

"I think it's time I told you the incident. The reason I came to Russia in the first place. The reason why I even met you."

Why... Ryo went to Russia. If I remember correctly, it was for a mission. He asked for the commander and Dandelion for permission to tell me about the incident and they nodded. I also remember seeing them back then.

"The incident is called the Angel Experiments. It was a frightening mission that could change the world if it leaked out. Only the top presidents and those involved in the mission knew."

"That was also the time I first saw Leo, Ryoichi."

"I was right! I knew that had something to do with this!"

I was entering a different world when I heard him tell the story. It's as if the world started to slowly make sense. Why was there a war happening right now. Why we went to this awful base. Why I had Pacific-chan. Why I met Ryoichi. Why I was born. I listened closely at his every word, not missing a single detail.

 

"It was 20 years ago, at Siberia."

0