Chapter 2 – Goblins & Elicia Town
575 3 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the light dimmed out, we suddenly arrived on a lush green flat land, with a river a little further ahead.

"Do you have any idea on where we shall go first?" Alice stood up first and asked while brushing her skirt.

"I have no idea at all." I replied, when suddenly a paper note fell down straight onto Alice's face. The paper note was similar to those of a papyrus. The note was written in some kind of cursive writing.

"I forgot to mention, check your status by imagining yourself inspecting your soul. I also prepared some gold coins and food enough for a week inside this magic bag therefore use it to your best extent as a town can be found a few kilometers ahead, well you can use your map. - God"

After reading the note, it suddenly crumbled and turned into dust before a magic bag appeared together with a user interface similar to those you find in games, the magic bag was in the form of a leather bag while the user interface contained basic but very useful information such as our health, mana points, and a map.

"I wonder if all God has are old stuff..." I muttered.

"I was thinking the same thing." Alice said.

"Speaking of which, where are those items he gave us?" I asked.

"Hmm... maybe inside the magic bag?" Alice pointed at the magic bag on my hand.

"Makes sense.. but how do you even open this thing?" I looked at the small leather bag on my hand.

"Let me try." Alice said.

"Here." I gave her the bag, in which after retrieving it, she opened it the normal way. The insides of the bag were dark, even when hit with sunlight.

"So this is a magic bag huh.." I muttered when she suddenly placed her hand on as if she was retrieving something from the bag. A few moments later, her hand went out together with two sticks.

"How does it work?" I asked.

"I tried thinking of what I wish to get, and you can slightly feel it appearing somewhere inside the bag," Alice explained, in a vague way.

"Oh, it's that simple?!"

"Mhm." She nodded.

"Let me try!" I said, as she gave back the bag. I immediately tried doing the same but this time I want to get the clothes, after which a vague feeling of a cloth appeared beside my hand in which I grabbed it and it came out.

"Amazing..." I muttered.

"Well, enough of that. We should probably check our status." Alice spoke.

"Mhm, if I remember correctly, we just have to imagine ourselves looking into our souls huh." I said.

"Do you even understand what that means?" Alice said.

"Well, I might have understood what it meant just now." I said before I imagined myself looking at a two-dimensional figure similar to that of mine.

  • Name: Einz Saku / Human

  • Age: 15 years old

  • Level : 1

  • HP : 100

  • MP : 100

  • Allocated Status:

  • AGI : 47

  • INT : 86

  • DEF : 25

  • PHY : 30

  • Affinities:

  • Daggers

  • Absolute Magic

  • Skills:

  • Absolute Magic Lv.1

  • Thought Acceleration Lv.1

  • Parallel Processing Lv.1

  • Analyze Lv.1

  • Tame Lv.1

  • Leadership Lv.1

  • Growth Multiplier Lv.1

  • Titles:

  • Otherworld Prodigy

A window popped out containing the following information, it showed basic information but is still useful.

"Did it work?" Alice asked.

"Yeah, all you have to do is pretty much imagine yourself staring at a two-dimensional figure of what you think is yourself." I explained.

"Mhm, sounds complicated.." She said before her eyes furrowed as if she was thinking of something.

"Ooh." She suddenly spoke.

"Did it work for you?" I asked.

"Mhm." She nodded.

"Want to compare status?"

"Let's write it on a paper then." She said as she grabbed a paper from the magic bag and we started writing it using a pen that was also on the magic bag for some convenient reason.

After a few minutes, we had finished writing our status and started comparing.

  • Name: Alice Silvia / Human

  • Age: 15 years old

  • Level : 1

  • HP : 100

  • MP : 100

  • Allocated Status:

  • AGI : 24

  • INT : 98

  • DEF : 34

  • PHY : 17

  • Affinities:

  • Bows

  • Systematic Magic

  • Skills:

  • Systematic Magic Lv.1

  • Blacksmith Lv.1

  • Archery Lv.1

  • Analyze Lv.1

  • Cookery Lv.1

  • Machinery Lv.1

  • Growth Multiplier Lv.1

  • Titles:

  • Otherworld Prodigy

"Systematic Magic and Absolute Magic, doesn't this sound familiar to you?" I asked.

"Hmm... now that you say, isn't it the same as Althea Online?"

"Mhm, if so then doesn't this make my combination the absolute worst?!"

"Yeah..."

In Althea Online, there are three different categories of magic, each having their own advantages and downfalls. For example, Absolute Magic which I have is focused on power over efficiency therefore it is the best for mages.

Systematic Magic, focuses on enchantments and the likes therefore it is called Support Magic by others, it is extremely powerful when combined with a long-range such as Alice's bow as it can enchant projectiles realtime. It is also the best for blacksmiths as it can enhance their creations.

The last type is called Holy Magic, which focuses on healing and purification magic. It is extremely powerful against undead and darkness types which can be considered as another category while also not being one. Holy Magic is mostly acquired by priests and the likes.

Evil Magic, a borderline between Absolute Magic and Holy Magic though it is another type of magic, it isn't considered as one. It focuses on evil magic and is extremely forbidden, as it can summon undead and the likes.

"My combinations are rather the best for Systematic Magic." Alice spoke.

"Yeah, lucky you."

"Oh well, you can always cast some kind of magic onto your dagger like one of those anime you watch."

"I wonder if that even works, ahh moo~ I'd rather use those magic wands rather than a dagger for Absolute Magic.."

"What else can you do, proficiencies should be absolute here."

"Yeah.." I sighed.

Proficiencies were a feature of the game in which determines which area you are best at, it is considered absolute as it increases the learning ability in that area while also decreasing the speed of learning on other areas therefore it is rather best to stick to what it selects for you.

"What kind of bad luck did I get for this.." I sighed.

"Well, for now let's equip the items the old man gave us."

"Mhm." I nodded, and started picking up the stick which immediately turned into a dagger. The dagger was black with red accents while also being extremely light to the point that it feels like plastic.

I tried swinging it around, upon which the first swing caused a gust of wind to fly past together with a slice mark on the ground.

"Careful there!" Alice suddenly shouted, I immediately turned around to see what happened only to see her skirt fluttering upwards.

"Eyaaaah!" A slap came flying in front of my face, as she shouted.

"What's wrong, it's only white." I tilted my head and asked.

"Idiot.." She suddenly turned red, before she picked up the stick which turned into a black bow with faint red accents.

I immediately felt a chill on my back the moment she picked it up as she drew it aiming towards me.

"Calm down, let's talk this out!?" I immediately said.

"Too late!!" She shouted as she released the string and a sharp gust of wind flew past my hair, cutting a slight amount of it.

"Hmph, you should be thankful I didn't want to kill you." She said, in a tsundere way.

"Yes mam~" I immediately kneeled as if I was facing a Goddess.

"GWARRH" Suddenly, a roar can be heard after which two green figures can be seen. The green figures were humanoid while also looking extremely disgusting, it was as skinny as you could think while holding some kind of machete.

"Goblins?" I immediately picked up my dagger and moved into a stance, I never practiced dagger before therefore I don't know how this will work.

"Mhm, looks like it. I'll go support from behind." Alice said, as she was a Systematic type, it was best she stayed behind and support with long-range.

"Mhm, I'll go first then." I spoke with confidence, though I was extremely nervous to the point that my hand was shaking but I had no time to think as the goblins immediately ran towards us.

"GWARRR" One of the goblins arrived in front of me, and swung his machete. I immediately tried blocking it with the dagger in which caused a spark, the machete's weight was slightly on the heavy side which made me bend my knees a little.

Suddenly, another goblin came to my side and swung his machete while I was focused on the one in front of me.

"ARGHH" The machete struck my shoulder which caused me to feel extreme pain, similar to that of being cut by a knife while cooking but multiplied by two hundred times.

I immediately tried backing off but the goblin didn't leave me any space to as it started its second attack. The machete was swung upwards but before it fell down, a gust of wind flew past it and struck down on the machete together with the goblin.

The goblin in front of me was confused for a second, but it was enough time for me as I took the opportunity and kicked its stomach which felt slimey together with a rough feeling similar to that of bones, after kicking I then stabbed its head with the dagger before slicing it with its machete.

"Are you alright?" Alice came from behind, drawing her bow facing the goblin.

"Do I look alright?" I giggled.

"Let's finish this other guy." She said.

"Mhm." I nodded before picking up my dagger from the goblin which was now flushed with a disgusting green fluid but I didn't let it bother me as I immediately tried running towards the goblin.

The goblin noticed me and immediately tried swinging its machete similar to that of a brainless person, just before it struck down once again. The machete was flung upwards by the gust of wind which was Alice's arrow and taking this opportunity, I immediately ran straight to the goblin and stabbed it with a dagger before picking the machete and finishing it off.

"GWARRRHH" The goblin cried, as it twitched before it all together stopped moving.

"That should be it." I said as I held my shoulder which was wounded.

"Mhm.. did we get anything from it?" Alice asked.

"Let's see..." I immediately opened my status.

"We leveled up by 4, that's a lot..." I said.

"Four levels, is that because of the Growth Multiplier?"

"Yeah, not that but my dagger skill level rose a level."

"Mhm, same with my archery."

"Ugh." Suddenly, the pain from the wound intensified.

"Mhm, we don't have anything to cover that...."

"Wait, we do... the clothes." Alice suddenly spoke, as she picked up the clothes that were given to us.

"Take off your clothes." She insisted.

"Wait wait, I can do it myself!"

"No can do, just take it off fast!"

"Fine fine!" I said, before taking off my upper shirt. She then picked up the upper shirt and wiped the wound off before throwing the clothes onto me.

"Do I just wear it normally?" I asked.

"Mhm, you can think of what you wish to wear apparently."

I immediately thought of something similar to that of a prince's clothes, as I wore it. Immediately, the white shirt turned into a black military clothes from medieval times with gold accents.

"Can you pick something not too showy?"

"Fine fine!" I went for a white hoodie instead.

"It doesn't feel painful anymore..." Suddenly, after wearing the wound didn't feel painful, it was as if it disappeared.

"It must be the regeneration."

"Yeah, well where are we heading first?"

"We should probably go to the town that is a few kilometers from here, according to the map."

"Mhm" I nodded as we immediately started walking straight while following the map.

After a few hours of walking, it was already evening. We arrived at the town which had a large sign on its gate with a cursive writing saying "Elicia Town."

12