Chapter 4: Wild Ride at the Lorry
253 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“If this was Rori’s doing, then…” Van stopped everyone trying to follow him.

“I’m sorry, guys. But I think I have to enter here alone. It was what the girl officer said.”

Because he was their chosen one, they respected Van’s decision. He slowly trod towards the unknown. After some point, he only saw a little light at the end of the tunnel he was walking on. He heard every echo from every footstep that he made. He touched the rough edges of the wall, using them to guide himself towards the exit. It was a tight little space, making him feel claustrophobic. He knew his own breathing was getting stronger and his heartbeat getting faster. He’s almost there. He finally got the scent of fresh air once again. He took the stairs towards the end. What he saw was… her.

“Hey.”

She was wearing a dress so perfect that it emphasized the best qualities of her voluptuous breasts. The cuts of the bottom part of the black dress exposed her smooth, round thighs so much that you can see her v-

*SMACK*

“Stop staring you fucking pervert! Why the fuck are you monologuing your thoughts?!”
-ivid silver hair that reflected the slightly yellowish light of the full moon behind her legs. Her crimson lips and her deep blue eyes was so captivating. It was love at first sight for him.

The officer blushed from his words. Millions of wild thoughts ran at her head, causing her mouth to short circuit into muttering like a broken robot.

“I-wha-huh-”
“Those were the words of Kyosuke-kun of Super Power: Ultimate Sword. I was just reminded of that moment when I saw you, it fits you perfectly hahaha...”
“W-what?”

Van was wondering why Rori was acting unbelievably cute right now with that China dress. She called her scum, psycho, insane, and was even the one who handcuffed him earlier! He carefully examined his words and realized that he made a big mistake.

“NO! THAT WAS JUST PART OF THE NOVEL! I DIDN’T MEAN ANYTHING WITH THAT!”
“S-SHUT UP! WASN’T THINKING ABOUT LOVE OR SOMETHING, IDIOT!”
Hoohiii~ What is this? Two lovebirds in the middle of the night, eh?”

To their surprise, Yukii was behind Van.

“Why did you follow me?!”
“Same reason as he did.”

Yukii points his finger to their surprise once again, to Sato, who was behind Yukii. Rori looked meaner than usual for some reason.

“Hoh… why is scum here?”
“Van... my brother... said to never give up. This is my chance to get true freedom once again. I want to absolve myself from my crimes.”
“Mr Sato... Yeah! Let’s go!”
The weak-looking Yukii grabs Sato and tried to run as far away as possible to the prison. But Sato was just too heavy to pull, making Yukii look like a flag attached to a pole.

“Hey! I thought we were going to run?!”
“That is not true freedom. Do you want to live a life outside of society? A life in constant fear of being chased by the cops? No? Then shut the fuck up kid and listen to the chosen one.”
“Chosen One- You are one of them! I thought that was just a joke or something!”

Sato knocks out Yukii with a punch and signals the officer and the chosen one to continue with a thumbs up, prompting Van and Rori to smile with fear. The officer gets her phone and commands Van to contact his neighbor, best friend immediately.

“I… don’t have a cellphone.”

He never had the opportunity to buy one. His only friend was Takeshi, and he can drive towards his parents. Phones are basically useless to him, especially because he reads light novels for enjoyment. After insulting him for being a caveman, she proceeds with her Plan B.

“Sigh… everyone, get in the lorry. Hurry, before the power comes back.”

“That truck that is just as beautiful as mine”, he thought. An Asuzu Giga Armored Van, used frequently by the riot police. The red stripes on its almost rectangular figure strikes directly in the hearts of anyone who sees it. Inside it was quite spacious, with various glassed machinations that only Rori can understand. Sato placed the unconscious Yukii on the leather couch on the back, and Van sat on the passenger’s seat with the policewoman on the wheel.

14th District. Quite far from here… 5 minutes.”

It was abrupt. The vehicle screeched loudly for a second and then, they found themselves on the road immediately. Van’s admiration towards Rori was obvious as he was staring at her like a pervert would! But not because of her sexual appeal, but because of her form while steering the wheel, the control she had on the gas pedals even with her white heels, and the beautiful curving of the wheels when turning on crossroads. To put it simply, he was enamored at Rori! To think that an officer could rival his driving skills!

“I used to be a riot officer, but because of… circumstances, I transferred for a warden position as it is far easier than battling with those bloody protesters and their Molotov cocktails. Heh, I can’t even believe that I can still drive this thing.”
“Are you kidding me?! You are amazing!!! I wish to learn more from you!”
“W-what are you saying, stupid?” Rori face was flustered.

“Anyways, can I ask.. what circumstances?”
Rori eyes were strangely fixed on the road as he asked that question.
“…I’m not ready to tell you that yet. I have to see you succeed first.”

It was a very quick and smooth ride for them. Just as she said, it was only 5 minutes since they left and they’re finally in the gates of the small apartment complex. The officer commanded Sato to remain inside the truck. Rori and Van made their way up to the door of his friend’s room.

“This friend of yours… He can be trusted, right?”
“Don’t worry. When it comes to isekai… he is one of the best out there.”

Van placed his ears on the metallic frames of the door to check whether he is awake or not as it is in the middle of the night. He did hear something. Rori proceeded to do the same, and she was utterly shocked at what entered her eardrums.

“Hnnng! Yess! Yess!”
“W-w-w-w-w-what is happening inside?! We shouldn’t disturb them, let’s go back late-”

*BANG*

With an intense roundhouse kick, Van forcefully opened the door and caught his friend holding something unspeakable. Takeshi covered his body with a sheet of blanket and pushed away the tissue papers and lotion beside him.

“V-Van?! What the hell! It’s 12:30am!”
“Shhh! Stop screaming! The neighbors will wake up!”
“You’re the one who kicked the door!!!”

“Hey, chosen one. Is this your friend?”

“Is that a girl… wow!”
Takeshi licked his hands combed his hair with it. He then rushed towards Rori and kneeled in front of her.

“Madam. Sorry for the dirty room but I have to say that you are… pulchritudinous.”
“A what?! Van! Are you scamming us?!”
“Takeshi!”

Van looked at him with intense eyes. Takeshi felt the urgency and turned more serious.
“Oh yeah… aren’t you supposed to be in jail?”
“Takeshi… I have a sincere request. This is not only for me… but for everyone at that cell.”

The taxi driver inhaled deeply as he saw the pistol on the right hand of Rori. He grabbed an object out of his pillow, his wallet, then offered Van his credit card.
“I see… how much? I only have around 3,000,000 yen on my back account. Is half enough for bail?”
“What are you talking about?! I don’t care about your money flexing!” Van secretly appreciated Takeshi's willingness to bail him out though.

Takeshi’s tense body relaxes, then slowly tenses up again for a different kind of emotion.
“Huh?! Then what did you come here for with that lady with the gun?!”
“Oh, this is just for safety. Sorry if that scared you.”
“I thought I was going to die for fuck’s sake!Then, what do you want?”

Van looked at Rori and the Asuzu van outside. Then with composure, he finally asked Takeshi,
“How exactly do isekai protagonists get transported to another world.”

“…what.” Takeshi looked at all of them with contempt as if they were a bunch of morons.

8