Chapter 6: The Ship Towards the New World
176 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There it is again, chance! There was absolutely no way he would let any chances escape! He signaled the girl to move closer and whispered to her ears about the security camera. The girl took notice and tried to be as discreet as possible.

“Can you go in the alleyway behind the Megastop store near here tonight?”
“W-what? Do I have to be sold to the black market or something for your forgiveness?!”
“Geez, no!”

Van coughs as he accidentally shouted towards the girl.
“Go ask miss officer there. She will come with you in case you don’t feel safe going alone.”
“Yes, sir. I’m Fune Miura.”
“Thank you, Fune. I’m Van Driver.”
“…”

She paused for a bit and then shouts with excitement.
YOU’RE THAT COMMERCIAL GUY!!! Van, Van Driver~ Going to drive your van~! Van Driver the Driver~!!! VROOOOOM!!!
Van can’t help but blush from the embarrassment as his most famous moment on T.V. with that ridiculous song is performed in front of him, but he also can’t help but find the tiny voice of Fune’s singing very cute! She moves away from the man behind the bars and declares something to them once again.

“Okay! You will remain there forever! You are a horrible person!”

All of them there knew that that was a lie. It was only made for the people behind the camera such that they will not be suspicious. Fune makes a subtle wave of farewell with a little smirk once she was out of the camera’s field of vision. Yukii forces Van to turn around and said something that will land him on another sentence of life imprisonment.

“Van… that girl is worth protecting! Hey! Where are you going!”
It was as if Yukii didn’t exist as Van proceeded to approach his new brother to plan about later’s escape. He asked Sato to personally accompany him and watch him die and guard his dead body until he returns from the other world.
“Are you sure, Van? I’m just alright with waiting for you here. Rori could do the job.”
“You are not exactly popular at the cell because of your mistrust with everyone. But if you are the one to watch over me, the proclaimed chosen one, come back to life, you will have the support of everyone.”
“Your knowledge is something to be desired, brother. I’ll accept. I will protect your body at all costs!”

“What about me?!”
Yukii was crying behind Van like a child who was trash talked at his favorite MOBA game. Just to stop the cringe, he reluctantly agreed to let Yukii come watch too. He called for Rori and told her to get multiple amounts of the stuff he asked for because he doesn’t know his own size. Rori looked annoyed for a bit but just sighed in acceptance. She then left the premises, presumably for the police offer to discuss the plan in detail with the schoolgirl. It was almost the time for their ultimate plan, which he discussed among the people of the cell.

“Everyone! Today I will go to get hit by a truck. I will die tonight!”
Everyone went wild out of concern. They were scared that their chosen one might actually die and never return. But Van kept giving them hope.
“Do not fear! My brother from the soil, Sato, will watch my death and resurrection! I will return the kid I hit the other day back to life!”
The room was now filled with brimming hope for the future. They cheered for their chosen one!
“IF I SUCCEED, I WILL FREE YOU ALL!”

“YEAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!”
“GIVE ME ALL OF YOUR SUPPORT!!!”
“YEAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!”

Van remembered in an isekai novel where the protagonist used to be a school council president who was well-liked by the entire campus. He had bonus stats at his charisma when he was isekai'd. He boosted the morale of his cellmates to test this, whether it would affect his form in the new dimension. He then played rock paper scissors with everyone, and amazingly won 49 out of 49 games! This must boost his luck skill too! And just the fact that he is strategizing his isekai travel would definitely increase his intelligence! He commanded Sato to punch him as hard on his abs as he can and BAM! It was a fist that sent shockwaves throughout his entire body! But he resisted falling down! Vitality must be increased too! He then kept running around the entire room while avoiding every people. Speed and agility, done!
He was tired for the day now. He believed that he was finally ready. He was finally prepared to leave this world and so, he laid down at his bed and slept throughout the afternoon.
_____________________________________________________________________________________

Meanwhile at the local department store, Rori found herself shopping for men’s suits with Fune. Rori decided to wear a different outfit this time, a t-shirt with a floral skirt, because looking like a policewoman might garner suspicion. It was almost a routine whenever a sales person approaches them, they are called mother and daughter.
“Ugh! I swear to these people! I’m just 23!”
“Isn’t 23 like boomer age?”
“Shut up, zoomer.”

“Is this for your boyfriend, madam?”
“Urk! Fine! It’s for my… boyfriend.”
She didn’t have patience anymore to keep telling the truth, so she just went with it while feeling flutters at her heart.
“Ahhh! That makes sense! I wondered why a policewoman is helping a prisoner escape…”
Her head explodes from the misunderstandings her laziness brought upon herself.

“This is the 5th set we brought… I hope one of them fits him right.”
“That’s nice… I hope I would have a boyfriend someday.”
She went up in flames from too much heat from her constant blushing.
_____________________________________________________________________________________

*tremble*
He was too excited, yet frightened for what will happen. This prevented him from sleeping at all. He counted every tick from the clock at the ceiling until it was time. He woke up Yukii, who was snoring at his sleep, as soon as he felt the opening of the hidden door. He tried to wake up Sato only to see that he was also awake. “Habits of the people of the dump… I see.” He thought to himself. They then entered the tunnel and into the night. According to the plan, Rori and Fune would be there. And they were.

“Here.”
She hands Van the numerous shopping bags that contain so much wardrobe that it might fill an entire closet! They enter the riot van and Van tried putting on the clothes inside the bathroom of the truck. Because Rori won’t have any use for the lot of the suits, she unwillingly gave the rest to Yukii and Sato. They also tried on the suits and the three men looked like regular salarymen getting ready for a full day’s worth of work.

“Heh. This doesn’t look bad at me.”
“This is lamer than singing the sweet potato song...”
“You three look handsome! But… you look like the guy that saved me…”
“That’s the point.”
“Huh?”
They arrived that their destination, and to Fune’s surprise, it was the spot where she almost died.
“What are we doing here..?”
“Stay here and wait for me, school girl.”

She hesitantly follows the large and muscular man she just met. “Is he a Yakuza?” she scarily thought as she sees those multiple tattoos on his biceps. Behind her is another guy who was staring at her with those sharp-pointed eyes. It made her so nervous that she quivered in fear. They were standing on the sidewalk, a spot where they can see where she fell. She saw Van on the other side, and he started to cross the road.

*flash*

Two lights entered their vision on the distance, and Van suddenly stopped in the middle. He opened his arms widely and screamed towards the ends of the Earth:
“COME AT ME!!!”
The lights became brighter and brighter until it revealed the same truck Van used to drive. Fune recognized this as the one he also drove before he was detained. She was absolutely devastated.

“Is this what he was planning? To kill himself the same way as that salaryman? To suffer the same because of my fault?! I won’t let this happen again!” she thought to herself.
“MR. VAN!!! PLEASE, DON’T DO THIS!!!”
She ran as fast as she could towards Van to push him out of the road, prompting Sato to chase her.
“Girl! What the hell?!”

*CRASH*

It was surprising to the policewoman behind the wheels. She didn’t believe those truck drivers about that light that they all saw. But just now, she did.
“D-Did I do it?”
She climbed down and saw only Yukii on the sidewalk.
“T-They… THEY ALL DIED!!!”
Van was supposed to be the only one to be hit, but what Rori saw was him, Sato, and the girl on the ground. She checked all signs of life from subtle breathing to their pulses. They were definitely dead. Yukii found himself crying.

“I-It was supposed *sniff* to be only *sniff* Van!”
“Hey! Stop crying! According to Rule 2 and 3, they all should be in the same world.”
“S-so they *sniff* are all together?”
“Yeah. They will revive soon.”
“Then… what do we do with their corpses?”

They stared at each other awkwardly.
“…I guess we have to hide and guard them somewhere.”
_____________________________________________________________________________________

Van was standing at nothing, seeing nothing, hearing nothing, feeling nothing, and smelling nothing. That is until, IT showed up.

“Amusing! What is my child doing here?!”
“…what are you? Optimus Composite from Changeformers?”
“No. I am your god. I AM TRUCK NO KAMI-SAMA!!!”
“ARE YOU THE ISEKAI GOD?!”
“You are the first one to transport and to get transported. Go. You shall do great things.”
“Wait! I have so many questio-”
*clap*

_____________________________________________________________________________________

“What… so bright.”
A brand new world flashed before his eyes. Humanoids wearing medieval clothing. Some with swords on their back, some wearing a witch’s hat. Some as can be described as ogres, while some are definitely goblins.

“Is this… ISEKAIIIII???!!!”

7