Chapter 12: Prologue (One Shot)
112 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kazamino Hiro, 35 years-old. Regular salary man.

I am just an ordinary Japanese man, slaving for this broken capitalist system. Some days, I want to die. Some days, I'm just so happy I can't sleep. I guess that's just how life works in the 21st century. Unremarkable. I'm just someone to be forgotten by history. Fuck it, I don't care if history doesn't write my name...

Even just one life...

Yeah...

If I could touch someone's heart...

Yeah... like a Hiro....

Pffft!!! How lame! Impossible! Hahahahaha! Why would a middle-aged loser like me be able to do something so grand? Hahahahaha! No friends, no family. Uwah, there's some middle schoolers there sneering at me for laughing by myself. Oh well.

 

 

It was just another usual day at the office, burning the hours, and already, it's night. I had to work overtime because I fucked up at one of the spreadsheets, so I had to re-write it all over again. And to think that my old teacher used to praise me for being excellent... That's what to be expected for moving to such a large city. I just wasn't prepared enough to face my own mediocrity.

As I look upon the north star while walking on a quite empty street at night, I dreamt of living in an alternate reality. Some of those dreams are hoping that there would be some virus or catastrophe that spreads all over the world, just to force this tiresome system to change... so that I may work on my little hobby off designing some clothes. Embarrassing, right? 

It was then that I saw this young lady, probably a high schooler crossing the road. And there's a fast truck ahead. Hurry up, woman! On closer inspection, I saw her wearing airpods?! Oh, shit!!!

My whole body just moved on its own.

And... yeah.

It was so fucking painful. I hear some screams towards me, but I cannot understand anything. Yeah, the only thought that went to my head was...

"... I finally became useful."

I died.

I died... and it was so bright.

"W-what..."

It must be that! Heaven. I saw some gates opening. That must be the pearly gates.  I'm so glad! I must have saved that gi-

I entered the gates, and then I woke up.

It was a strange place, a place that I've never see-


"FUCKING HELL, THIS IS BORING! HURRY THE FUCK UP!"

"YEAH! WE HAVE TO DEFEAT THE DEMON KING! GET TO THE POINT, HERO OF THE LIGHT!"

"I-I was just getting to the good par-"

"WE DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU! WE JUST WANT YOU TO BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF THE DEMON KING!!!"

"T-that's too harsh!!!"

Van and the others landed behind the huge crowd of elves, dwarves, and other generic friendly fantasy races out there screaming towards an elf on a stage, wearing the business suit.

"Looks like the Hero of the Light has it hard."

 

 

Cillia fires an arrow that shone so hard that it captured everyone's attention. Everyone there immediately knew her, screaming her name in admiration. She uses Voice Amplification to command everyone to make a path for us towards the stage, like a queen on a red carpet. The earthlings were terrified at her power. 

"C-Cillia?"

"Quick Speed!"

A booming noise enters everyone's ears as Cillia breaks the sound barrier, with the female elf moving towards the Hero. Not just being a regular guy in this world, he was able to block the dagger with just his bare hands.

"Not ba-"

The hero immediately attacks the elf with a flurry of punch and kick and she counters back with also a flurry of punch and kicks. It was ultra fast that mere mortals like Van cannot understand what is happening.

"What is happening..?"

"AURA: LIGHT BLAST!"

The stage collapses from the ray of light that radiated from Hiro, like a grenade just exploded on where they were standing, making the nearby crowd fall over from the sheer force generated. Before the cloud of dust even settled, an arrow suddenly appears from it, successfully hitting Hiro in the chest.

"Heh! You maybe be the hero, but you-"

"Illusion: Slash."

The Hiro that was pierced on the chest suddenly broke of into pieces into the air like dandelion. Cillia's abdomen was bleeding with a horizontal wound. She mustered the last of her strength to look behind, only to see the real Hiro, who was holding what looks to be nothing but is actually a sword that is made up of the air itself.

*cough*

Fune rushes towards Cillia and casted her fairy healing. With the entire strikeforce silent, Van tried approaching the hero with caution. The Hero of the Light looks at him with an obvious amusement in his eyes and says:

"Oh, you're approaching me? Instead of running away, you're coming right to me?"

"I can't beat the shit out of you without getting closer."

Both of them suddenly paused for a good minute, just staring at each others' souls...
.
.
.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!"

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!"

Both of them laughed until their throats started to hurt, confusing everyone else witnessing the scene.

"You're a fellow Japanese, aren't you?"

 

Hiro explained that this fight between Cillia and Hiro is just training, in order to prepare for the demon lord. Looks like this will be troublesome for Van, how could he possibly make Hiro return to Earth? 

3