Chapter 13: Human Heart
52 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was quite a cozy night. Sato and Fune are sitting beside Van, who is laying down on a bed after fainting. They observe him while he mutters indistinguishable words at his sleep.

"Looks like he's dreaming about Ms. Rori."

"I really don't know what he sees about that damned policewoman."

"Why do you hate her so much, Mr. Sato?"

"Do you know that she used to drive those trucks riot police use? Yeah... she killed my father."


It was a rainy morning. The streets are wet and slippery, posing danger to anyone who runs at speeds greater than 50km, but Rori was already used to these kinds of roads. Not just water filled-roads, but those also drenched with blood.

"I have to visit the home of Kazamino-san, huh. From Singsong Company, phone makers, position manager. He had a good life."

Rori was practicing her lines in order to disguise herself as one of her co-workers. She was hurrying as she fears that one of his real co-workers might also come to pay respects.

*screech*

She stops at the front of the home of Hiro. Pitter-patter goes the raindrops into her head as she skips on the rocks leading towards the doorstep. Knock-knock she goes, preparing her best grieving face. The door opens, and another lady, much more paler than Rori, opens the door. Her very long hair with the pure black mourning dress makes the policewoman feel scared and attracted at the same time.

"Who are you?"

"I'm..." It really doesn't make sense for a co-worker to come this early in the morning and so, she changed her story.

"Did you know that Hiro-san had a girlfriend?"

"No... are you his...?"

"Yeah."

"I see... he was always at home after work playing video games. I guess he had time for you at work." The lady laughs for a bit and then suddenly fixes her stance and bows down to Rori. 

"Sorry for my manners, I'm Hiro's mother, Retsujo Kazamino."

"No, no, I'm sorry for my rudeness coming this early in the morning rain. I'm... Hana Suzuki." She picked the most common name she could think of. Mrs. Retsujo guides Rori, Hana for now, into the Kazamino household.

"Is there anyone else at home?"

"I'm afraid I'm the only one here now... His father passed early before his birth and he's the only child. And now that Hiro's... dead... I'm..." The widow suddenly collapses on the floor, crying out her heart from the loss of her only son.

"I'm so sorry." Hana tries to console Mrs. Retsujo. She uses her own handkerchief in order to wipe out the tears of the lady. The lady suddenly faints. Unbeknownst to her, the handkerchief actually contains sleeping powder specifically for this situation. Rori actually assessed the situation presented to her before she came to the household and found out that only Mrs. Retsujo was living in that house. This saves her time from preparing other unnecessary things in case there are more than one person in the house. 

"This should give me about two hours before she wakes up." 

She returns to her van and retrieves a bag. It's metallic contents kept banging with each other as she returns to the household. She opens the casket of Hiro and proceeds to lay him down to the floor. 

"I hope I remember how to do this."

Using the various tools used for surgery and such, she carefully removes the top of the corpse and begins to attempt to extract its heart. Since they don't want Hiro to accidentally suffocate in his own casket, or possibly be burned into ashes, they agreed to take his heart for storage.

"Oh, Kami-sama, this is horrid..."

After a few minutes, she safely removed the heart and returns the corpse to the casket. She then opens their family refrigerator inside and pours a glass of water for herself and the fainted mother. She also grabs an empty container with just enough space where the heart could fit and then stacks some ice inside.

"I'm just gonna leave you here, Mrs. Don't worry, your son will come back. He must."

She leaves the household, just before Mrs. Retsujo woke up. Rori drove away looking back at the side mirrors. 

 

"Rori-san. Welcome back." Rori immediately shows the container with the heart looking like fresh meat, "Jeez, don't show that to me."

"Now that we're done here, it's up to them to do their job."

"What do you mean? We have to watch 2 corpses and a heart for who knows how long!"

"Shhhh! I think I hear someone."


"Looks like he's waking up."

Van opens his eyes and sees no sky, no windows, and one exit. It was a large tent, and Sato is beside him. Van sees Sato with a bandage wrapped around his hand. He quickly sits upright and asks loudly, "W-W-Where are we? Don't tell me it already began?!"

"A-what began? What's this about? Do you miss Earth already? We've been here for like 2 days and you fainted exactly 2 times already."

"Say, brother... do you believe in God?"

"God? Well, we're here in a world with magic and shit. It probably exists."

"Then... would you believe me that I've spoken to God?

"You? You spoke to God? Wait- Don't fucking tell me that you're actually THE chosen one?"

"Uhhh... what's with the bandage?"

Apparently, vampires need blood in order to not go crazy. Sato, then, tried to suck blood but it really did nothing but pierce two holes in his right hand. 

"So... can I... brother?" Sato looked at the chosen one with sparkling-red puppy eyes.

"No."

The tent opens and Fune and the Hero of the Light enters. 

"Ahh, Van-senpai! You're awake!" Fune rushes towards Van and pushes his chest hard from excitement. This prompts a little growl from Van, who felt like his ribs got broken. 

Hiro closes the tent's flap, "Once again, I'm asking, we four here used to be humans from Earth, yeah?" he says in an annoyed tone.

"Please, leave me alone. Okay?"

0