Chapter 1 : Insignia of God of Mischief(1)
99 5 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

His chest beat like he had a fall from cliff.

‘Did I die?’

He felt strange.

“Hey, Arvan, are you hearing?”

Soon his eyes saw light with the figure before him.

‘Noah, why is he here? Isn’t he dead?”

Thwack!

Ouch!

“Why did you hit me?” He exclaimed. ‘Wait, why does it hurt? Uh? Why my skin looks younger.’

Noah matched his eyes and said “Looks like you are okay. Come on now, stand up or else captain gonna punish you again.”

“Captain??” 

“Did a woman sucked you dry? Still drowsy. Oh, right you are loyal right to the girl of that street, the baker's daughter.”

‘Baker's daughter..? Wait! This place looks familiar.’

“Come on Arvan, we are getting late. We should we reached The underground ruins 10 mins ago.”

‘Underground ruins,…. Wait! This event happened 18 years ago! When I was still youth wait! I’m a youth! I came back in time?’

"Oh yes ..yes ..right right.. I almost forgot.. Hehehe."

"You're acting strange today. Well, never mind let's go!" 

We both took off.

'Since I have got another chance this time I'll not let the other four to have their way. I'll change my destiny.'

'Everything started from this ruin. This time I'll surely not let.....'

......

"Where were you both?" Captain asked looking at the newly arrived duo.

"Well, we.. were.." Noah tried to explain but captain cuts him.

"No need of excuses. Since you both arrived let's keep going." 

'Captain is still same.' 

Arvan thought.

There were more 4 in the group leaving Arvan, Noah and captain. Arvan remembered each and every of them, also their true colors. Linley, Darius, Joseph, Sera were their names.

"Pay attention, life-death is a matter of time if you are afraid then you are free to not participate. But you can forget about benefits if there are any."

"Cap, we all know this ruins are not explored how can there be no benefits." Sera said.

"Haha..I know but rules have always been this."

"Now let's go."

Location of the ruins were right below the Haven city. The main entrance was located in a very deep hidden part of the unexplored region where the sewers stopped. It was unexplored because the chances of rank 3 beasts being there were much high, there was also an incident when a very terrific roar was came through underground some 4 years ago which led to mass disruption in the city activity but later it was declared by the governor that the beast have been exterminated.

But Arvan knew it was clear face lie. It was revealed half years from now that the beast was still alive, more to say the beast was never exterminated. When in surfaced into the haven city. Arvan still remember how the beast destroyed the whole city in single night. A rank 5 beast.

'If things go according to my past then I might be able to take that thing out of the governor's treasury from half years from now.'

The group soon entered the underground sewers. It didnt take long before they arrived at the unexplored area.

"From now on be careful. Avoid making noise as much as you all can." Captain said. 

Another thing to be marked was the caridem’s odour which creates hallucinations. 

Arvan checked his pocket. It’s Still here. He thought.

Because of this thing Arvan was able to see true colors of sera and survive this dungeon.

Yes, a dungeon. Not a ruin.

Dungeons were rare source of otherworldly resources which any power would fight to death to aquire. But for this one, a country would go at war.

After all it contains the insignia. 

Moving his gaze from one person to another. Arvan checked the behaviour of each and every one since he didn’t knew if only he had time travelled.

All of them were a bunch of thieves. They had no cleric, no warrior, no Archer, no mage, except for certain spy. Only thing which they can rely on was stealth, agility and senses. 

There were different method to train in each class. Warriors need to refine their bodies while mages needed to increase their mana pool. There were also different evolved occupation such as knights, paladin and swordsman but they needed even more vigorous training. For example, knights need to train their Aura, paladins need to bath in holy light and swordsman needed to sharpen their sword intent.

Although they were a bunch of thieves, they were not just a busybody. Assassin and ranger would be a better choice than this, society was tough. There was not much demand of stealth class unless they were of high level. They could only carry out the dirty tasks from the officials.

Surrounding was of void of any sound other then of sewer water. 

'It's the same.'

Arvan thought as he moved with the group. 

The outer section of the unexplored area of safe so they were a little relaxed, getting pumped up would make the situation worse.

"Cap, are you free tonight?" Sera asked coquettishly while clinging to captain's arm, pushing her body to his. 

'Succubus' 

That's what everyone thought. Its not false to say, Sera is a well-developed beauty. Even with her face she can easily become a mistress of a noble and live a well of life. Arvan of past too got pumped up after seeing her curvaceous body.

'She is master actor.' Arvan thought.

Others might not know but Arvan completely knew about this girl, her background, her real name and her real purpose.

'She could be dangerous but I have a way to deal with her.'

"Uh.. I .. Well.. Sure..ha.." Even the most calm captain blushed after being pushed by a girl of this calibur.

'Poor, cap. Getting false hope. But I can't help you after all. You too are no less...'

 Currently Arvan was still not used to as with his old body after all he reached a height which he never dreamed about during his youth. 

I can't display the strength of my peak but I have my own way.

Arvan slowly calculated the strength of the remaining people other than Sera because he still can't deal with her real strength.

Captain's real strength was stealth but the very same it was also his huge weakness. After all his stealth won't work with the current Arvan who was far above him. 

"Hey, you both stop being lovey-dovey between the exploration." The one who spoke was Darius. 

If I remember correctly Darius was in love with Sera but he couldn't muster up courage to say it.  

Imagine if you love someone and she is right before you flirting with other guy. 

If someone was in the group which hated the captain most it would be Darius.

'I need to eliminate this guy before I deal with Sera or else this love stricken would do anything if she asked.'

"Halt. From now on we will enter in stealth. Things are about to get dangerous." Captain said.

Even Sera left his arm and looked serious.

'Haa... Things are about to get interesting.... '

......

[Stealth] was a skill which made the Agility type user of what they are. 

It was only before an hour the group stopped.

"There's still no sign of monsters. Looks like we are lucky today." Noah said to Arvan.

"The no sign of monster is what makes me anxious." But it was answered by the captain. Seems like he heard him.

"I too find this strange. Shall I go before the group?" Joseph asked.

"No, its dangerous. I can't let you be in danger." Captain swiftly replied.

"Hmph! Fake care!" Darius muttered beside Arvan.

Well, you are not wrong. He is indeed a person whose scheming runs deep.

Arvan thought.

"Well the fortune is before us and also a better life" Noah said.

"We, will." Arvan assured him but on his mind.. After today, our lives will completely change. Only if my plan works.

....

“Well, I’ll take a quick look forward. You guys rest here.”

"Cap~ why don't we take a walk~ I'm feeling bored." It was her way of accompanying him

Clench!

Arvan saw Darius's fury. Maybe he can take care of captain and die with him.

"Ah.. Yes.." And cap didn’t seem to mind it.

‘Good, Now both will take at least more amount of time to return.’ Arvan thought.

After both of them left. Finally Darius showed his anger.

"DAMMIT!"

"Curse you bastard!"

Maybe I can use him..

That's when he stood up and left in opposite direction.

'An opportunity!' Arvan thought as he too walked in the same direction after all he can't pour venom talk beside Joseph and the silent-faced linley.

Arvan turned left and quickly found the Darius.

Suddenly a punch came from front. But it did not land on him.

“I don’t need your consolation!”

Seems like he misunderstood me. Wait my personality back then was..

“Am not here to console you.”

“Then for what? Leave.”

“You shouldn’t trust seventh house too much.”

Darius suddenly paused. No, the spy paused.

“Don’t take it out Darius. Seventh house is just using you.”

“How can you be sure?” Darius didn’t ask how he was found out because he knew from the moment Arvan mentioned Seventh house while putting the dagger back. 

“What is my job?” Arvan answered with a question.

“Supplier.. oh that’s how. What do want?”

The negotiations began. 

It was well played since Arvan never said to not to inform to seventh house.

“To kill cap.”

A sneer appeared on Darius’s face.

Arvan was sure what Darius thought was that he wanted to win extra game. And the sneer was proof of it.

The reason he said those words were because-

“I would be happy to.” Replied Darius.

A smile formed on both of their face. 

“Deal?” Arvan took his hand out.

“Deal.” 

Darius caught his hand. Suddenly he collapsed. 

He was ‘dead’.

“You shouldn’t had trusted me.” Said Arvan.

He bent down and touched Darius’s face and continued

“If you are testing me than you are right. Haa!”

Arvan slit his throat.

The already dead twitched before truly dying.

“Foolish. Did you really thought that I didn’t know how seventh house works.”

Every handyman of seventh house had strong resistance to poison and the reason is “This necklace” said Arvan. While taking Darius’s hidden talisman which was the signal for seventh house.

Arvan got up and left.

Not where he came from but to a new direction.

7