Chapter 2 : Insignia of God of Mischief(2)
50 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Seventh house operates in all the empire present in this continent.Their member are all adept in assassination and forgery. 

Earlier, killing Darius was necessary. 

Darius was actually double agent. He his true employer was captain himself. Now question might arise why would he curse captain and show hate. 

It was not staged at all. In truth, he really liked Sera.

Now why would captain tolerate it? 

It was Darius himself who proposed this idea which killed two birds. First to openly show is dissatisfaction and second to check if anyone is plotting against captain. No one is to be trusted in this world after all.

That’s why Arvan said he want to kill captain. Which is why Darius lowered his guard and activated the necklace to see what Arvan’s plan was.

And for why would he believe his story of seventh house was due to him being supplier. 

Because all supplies for thief are manufactured by seventh house and each supplier has their own connection with seventh house. 

Soon Arvan reached to the exit from the unexplored region. 

“By how smart captain is, he must have concluded that I have betrayed. Even if I did not he was still going to kill me anyway.”

Pungent smell of sewer once again entered Arvan’s nostril. The surrounding was enveloped in darkness. Arvan’s eyesight were affected. He took out a torch from his pouch and ignited it.

The yellowish flame illuminated the surrounding upto 10 meter.

“The path was supposed to be this way.”

Not long enough, Arvan had arrived to entrance of the dungeon. The hidden entrance.

Which stood in front of him was an empty wall. He was 30 meter deep below the city. He walked right through the wall. Suddenly his vision darkened.

…..

When both returned to the resting place they discovered two of their members were missing.

Captain frowned and asked, “Where’s Arvan?”

He did not ask about Darius since he knew what he was about to do.

“He went after Darius after you.. both left.” The one who answered was Noah because neither Joseph nor linley appeared to answer.

“Well, we can’t wait for them let’s move.”

“But what about-“

“Let’s go, I’m sick of resting.” Joseph said.

“But-“ 

“You are free to leave.” Joseph said being annoyed by his behaviour.

Noah shut his mouth. He knew he can’t be always like this. There were siblings at his home which he needed to support and he didn’t want to lose this god-given opportunity. 

He muttered sorry under in breath and said, “OK, let’s go.”

......

The team closely followed captain.

The surrounding underwent major change from smelly underground to thick dark foliage. 

“This..” Even linley was surprised who rarely spoke.

“Don’t be distracted by such things. There are no marks of human footsteps, so this place is only known by us.” Captain said.

“And monsters.” Added Joseph while looking at the large footmarks.

The walls were fully covered in foliage with strange unknown bushes which the group didn’t dared to come in close contact with.

“Stop!”

The group paused.

“What happened?” 

Joseph took a deep breath and said, “Look at the floor, the marks of monsters had suddenly disappeared from there.”

The place he pointed was just few centimeters before captain.

Captain too realized it and nodded at Joseph. 

The surrounding suddenly dropped in few degrees of temperature. The eerie wind blew from behind. Unknowingly, the group discovered they were trembling. 

“kekekekeke…”

Strange evil laughter rang out. No one was sure of its origin. It felt like it had rung just beside Their ear.

“W-what was that?”

Noah said whilet trembling in fear.

No one replied to this question. After none were sure of what it was, Even Sera was trembling. Only one was was still unfazed by this was Linley.

Captain gulped his saliva and took his dagger out.

Not just him but everyone did the same. The laughter from earlier had took all the excitement away from them. 

Captain didn’t wanted to return back empty handed. So he said while gritting his teeth, “let’s continue.”

“B-But that thing from earlier.” Noah started.

“Shut up and do as I say.”

The group moved forward.

Unbeknownst to them, the temperature was falling down the more the moved forward.

The other thing to be noticed was that a strange variety of vines had started appearing. Something about ithe was strange which not even Joseph noticed who was the key observer to the group.

Susssh!

Strange wind suddenly passed touching each of them. They shivered.. not from cold but from that Aura which the wind carried.

“Something is up ahead. Something dangerous.”

“I feel it too.”

“I’ll check wait here.” Captain said.

No one voiced Their displeasure, they needed someone to check out the front. Since captain himself was willing no one voiced complain. In fact, they were not in the position to do so.

Captain activated his skill stealth and went forward leaving the group behind. Not long after he saw an entrance to something which looked like cave.

Suddenly a quick wind flew and put out the flame from the torch.

 The darkness quickly enveloped the surrounding and strange hissing sound rang out.

“Dammit!” He quickly torched another light. 

The surrounding was once again bright to some extent. 

He felt something was off. When he looked back he discovered that the path he came from had disappeared.

“What the..” His heart beat became faster. 

What’s going on..?

He checked to see their was any illusion or formation but the results were same there was no way out.

His heart tensed. The temperature was dropping at faster rate.

Suddenly the yellowish flame turned pale blue. 

“Kekekekeke…”

The evil laughter rang once again. 

Beads of sweat formed from captain’s forehead.

Unlike before it appeared to have rang from behind him. He was hesitating to look behind.

“Ahaaaaa!!!” 

He suddenly felt someone touch him from behind. When he looked back there was no soul.

“Was it my delusion?”

He felt pain from the part where he was touched. When he uncovered his clothing he discovered a darkblue hand mark on his waist.

He gulped.

Krik.. kriK.. krisk.

A noise started ringing.

When he looked front.

A ghastly bluish figure was before him. It raised it’s hand and suddenly jumped towards captain!

Meanwhile back within the group. 

Sera said, “He is late.”

“He must have found something and was in the process of clearing it out.” Joseph sneered.

“I don’t believe it!” Sera snapped.

“Even if you protect him it doesn’t change what his personality is.” Joseph rebuked.

“Guys, we shouldn’t fight among ourselves.”

“This isn’t a fight!”

That’s when a loud screams rang out.

“Aaahhhhhhhhh!!”

“What was that?”

“Something must havery happened to the captain. Let’s go and save him.”

“Wait!”

Joseph said.

“What now?” Sera asked in displeasure.

“What if there is something which we can’t handle. I don’t want to risk my life for naught.”

“Y-You…” Sera became flustered.

“We shouldn’t show discord among ourselves.” Noah tried to retain some team work.

“Ahhhhhhhhhh!”

Another scream rang out.

“Fine. I’m going alone.”

After saying that she left.

Noah became confused whom to follow. Linley and Joseph were staying here. Ultimately he decided to follow Sera.

“Wait for me!” He ran while saying.

After both disappeared.

Joseph said, “Why are you staying here?”

Linley who had only spoken twice looked at Joseph and smiled.

 “Why do thing?”

The smile became sinister.

Joseph’s lips alook turned into evil smile.

 .. 

Within darkness Arvan was not able to sense anything.

Slowly his vision returned and what he saw was...

5