Chapter 5 : The Forbidden continent
213 4 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Another firebolt blasted towards me, this time I was fully prepared. The sensation of strong heat increased as the fire ball closed into me. Dammit! And here I thought everything was going great. I called forth all my strength and dived right.

The fireball as if locked on my position turned it’s direction as well. I saw Trevor had a grim expression, if I survive this, I’ll kill him.

Imbuing all my Aura into the spear, I had decided I’ll take this head on.

With powerful jump, I closed towards Trevor.

What? Who said I’ll take 'fireball' head on?

….

Seeing the prey targeting him, Trevor simply laughed and turned into combat stance. With his left hand he controlled the fireball and instantly increased it speed. The fireball became fiercer as it closed to Axiel. 

He became surprised and thought. He had reached a profiency where he easily control the strength and the speed of spell!

Axiel grit his teeth and maneuvered his spear straight to Trevor’s body.

Axiel had decided to kill Trevor regardless of damage done by the spell.

“Fool.” 

Trevor casted a defense spell and quickly formed an armor.

The moment the spear connected with Trevor’s body, a huge explosion rung out through the castle.

 And as of Axiel he dealt a double damage and finally knew of true despair.

The spell which Trevor casted had reflective damage structure in its spell model because of which Axiel was instantly repelled. 

The earlier cover of armor on Trevor was fake.

That’s why mages are hard to predict in battle.

It was clear knowledge that mages sucked at close combat but here seeing Trevor, Axiel’s trust from books had clearly faded.

His back was fully burned. 

Even the bracelet failed to protect him.

Axiel had only one chance of defeating Trevor using the knowledge which Trevor was unaware of. And that was Axiel’s power of using magic. Everyone believed he had no talent of magic arts but that was false. Although Axiel didn’t know of any spell but his bracelet did. 

It would take all of Axiel’s MF to cast this spell. But seeing Trevor excelled in Flame magic, he knew he had find the best opportunity to launch an attack on Trevor and escape.

 Axiel had full understanding that he cannot defeat trevor with measly skill and a spell.

His only option now was to escape even it costs his body from massive injuries. 

Axiel glared at Trevor with bloodshot eyes. 

Trevor looked aloof, after cracking an evil laughter he said, “Don’t think of any tricks.” 

“Don’t think you’ll ever get away with this.”

“Stop wasting your breath. No one can find this castle, even your mother.” 

Trevor slowly closed in and said, “Even your bracelet’s spell cannot protect you.”

The moment those words left Trevor’s mouth, Axiel’s face paled and he coughed out blood.

“Hahaha.. that must be a blow on you. You thought no one knew about it. You can never escape from our lord’s eye, the all seeing. Hahahha haha.”

Trevor maniacally laughed.

Is there really no escape? Axiel thought, his final trump card which had been giving assurance to his survival was already known by the enemy. 

So what! Even if he had lost the element of surprise he still had the spell.

Trevor came towards him and grilled his foot on Axiel’s face. And said maniacally, “Come on! Show me your face of despair! Show me more helplessness! Hahahha Hahaha…”

He continued, “Once we are done with you. I’ll myself ask lord to give me your mother. Haha I’ll fucked her till death! Haha a..”

Axiel’s eyes suddenly turned sharp with anger. He immediately lash out at Trevor, “Watch your mouth!! I’ll kill you.”

With that he immediately activated the bracelet and launched twelve icicle arrows towards Trevor.

WoosShh!

Seeing those arrows, Trevor cracked a cunning smile. With a flicker of his finger the arrows disintegrated. 

“kekeke getting angry over such small insult. You really surprise me.”

He continued.

“Now even your final card is gone, what will you do?”

Axiel really had no way left. Even in this spatial ring there was no such thing except for instant casting Talismanic spell. But activating it required large amount of Spirit Force which he didn’t had. He had no way left to survive.

Now he could only hope for God to show some grace.

Which is close to nonexistent.

Would he really die here?

No! He didn’t want to die! 

With strong conviction he tried to get up and pointed his spear at Trevor.

“I’ll kill you!!” Suddenly Axiel closed in with last bit of his strength unto Trevor.

“Haa haha undying will is probably your family’s inheritant power. Too bad you are so weak.”

Strong suppressive Aura came crashing down unto Axiel which instantly slammed him on the floor with a loud “bang”. Blood came out through his throat as he tried to breathe. 

Trevor didn’t even moved a single inch of his body, with his Aura alone he had stopped the incoming attack and even retaliated.

“Its becoming boring now. I’ll finish this up.”

With that Trevor casted a huge fire ball. The moment he was about to toss it Axiel something unusual happened.

The Axiel who was lying down with any suddenly stood up. His eyes were devoid of any emotions.

Unknown had started gathering towards Axiel. 

 “You still had energy left. Eat this!”

The terrifying fire element bursted as it blasted towards Axiel. 

Anything which closed in the path of the fireball melted away, even the walls. Such was the terrifying power of the spell.

The moment fireball was inches away from Axiel, suddenly a huge vortex appeared and sucked it in completely.

There was no explosion except the hissing sound of vortex closing in.

Trevor was flabbergasted. “How? What did you do!?”

There was no such information about it in the files given to him by the upper authority. 

【Name: Axiel Sylvestr     Race: ??     Sex: ??

 State : half-conscious(??)

 Strength – 50     Agility – 80     Vitality – 100

 Magic Force – 90   Spirit Force – 79  】

Axiel lifted his finger and pointed at Trevor.

“Destroy.”

Suddenly there was influx of strange and unknown element, within a second it had gathered around Axiel’s finger ready to be launched at his command.

Trevor quickly turned cautious and increased his mana fluctuations around him.

Without any notice, the energy ball launched towards Trevor with a speed unnoticeable to naked eye but even with that Trevor did something incredible.

He completed a spell within a fraction of second and launched it to meet head on with the energy ball.

Boom!

The two spell collided and a vast amount of mana particles were released. Which further on destroyed the entire section of the castle.

Trevor immediately escaped to safe distance while still monitoring the smoke cloud formed from the explosion.

When the smoke dispersed there was no sign of Axiel left except for large hole in the floor which led to the dungeon within the castle.

Trevor was about to follow when he sensed something and jumped out from the place where he was standing.

The instant he left that place exploded into rubbles.

“Who are you?”

A blurry figure appeared. 

The moment Trevor saw this he sighed in relief and said, “So you are just a projection and here I thought the kid’s father came.”

The blurry figure looked at the surrounding and looked at the castle and muttered, “El' mersa sherlom. That kid has went astray.”

“Hey I’m talking to you!”

The blurry figure saw him and sighed, “My appearance means that the kid had forcibly activated nemesis.”

Trevor cautiously looked at the figure. It had been sending him chills down his spine. He didn’t know why but the blurry figure was radiating extremly fearsome power. 

Unconsciously Trevor had rubbed his finger few times.

“You.”

The blurry figure pointed to Trevor.

“You smell of him.”

Trevor casted a fireball even larger than previous one. 

The flames erupted causing it to form solar flares like of sun. It held incredible power but it was dispersed in a single stroke of burry figure.

“You will regret.”

The blurry figure spoke and disappeared.

….

Axiel felt like he was lost in complete darkness. He wasn’t able to feel his body. Suddenly a warm energy swallowed him.

And a voice resounded. “Grow up in forsaken land.”

With that the entire world crumbled.

There was no sign left of Axiel.

Trevor suddenly felt a huge spatial fluctuations.

“Who’s casting dimensional spell?”

Oh no. He thought and quickly rushed to the castle. He jumped into the hole where Axiel disappeared earlier.

There was no sign of life.

“Dammit! That’s why he didn’t attack me. He had only limited energy.”

But Trevor still shuddered at the thought of blurry figure. The number of individuals who can cast dimensional spell at such speed can only be counted by single hand and as for those whose’s even projection can cast such spell existed none- until he saw today.

“What was that existence!? I have to report this to the Lord.”

With that he immediately activated the concealment formation of the castle and was about to leave when he sensed two powerful entities closing in.

Trevor instantly knew who it was and immediately tore the small scale teleportation talisman. It was different from dimensional magic.

He instantly disappeared.

In next second, both the figure appeared.

“Dammit! He used teleportation talisman.” The real trevor immediately cursed upon arrival. He didn’t dared to look at her master’s face. 

Liliana currently had the most fierce face she ever had in her life. Storms were raging at her heart, she didn’t hear what he said.

She immediately sensed her son’s Aura inside the castle, without waiting any further she charged inside the castle.

Even though castle was now concealed, it did not stop her son's Aura. 

She immediately discovered the concealment formation.

Boom!

Loud explosion rang out as she collided with the formation protecting the castle.

“This… Duke Saxon.. I’ll kill you!”

The moment she collided with the formation she knew whose hand in was. It was hopeless she knew she couldn’t break something of this level but it did not stop here of attacking the formation again.

“Axiel! Axiel my son!!”

She screamed feeling her heart wretched. 

Suddenly a large amount mana surgedo out of the castle.

“No!..” Liliana instantly realised what it was.

She immediately gathered all her might, within a second, a huge bluefire sphere formed.

With a “bang” it launched towards the castle. The moment it was about to touchange the formation-

-the castle teleportated.

The bluefire hit the forest behind it and exploded.

The firepower was so devastating atleast half of the forest was gone. Only debris were left. 

This was special spell of Liliana because it left no impact rather completely disintegrated matter.

“Noo!!!!”

Liliana felt like as if she had aged a hundred year. Her legs became weak, she was about to fall when her familiar caught her.

“Master…” Trevor started feeling guilty but was immediately interrupted.

“Shut up!”

Liliana was in turmoil. Her thought were affecting her thinking. That’s when she heard a series of mental messages.

“Liliana I’m sorry for being selfish. Your son is safe. By the time you would be receiving this message, I would already used dimensional magic to take him away.”

“No need to worry. He is on another continent by now.”

Liliana when heard this at first was anger but knowing her son safe she sighed in relief but she was still very furious with Aques for sending him another continent. She had decided she would bring him back from that continent. Nothing comes out good when involved with Aques. First was her husband now her son.

Message continued.

“I know you would be thinking of bringing him back but please refrain from doing so. And if even if you do, you won’t find since he is neither of 4 continents.”

She was surprised but her anger overturned her surprise.

“There’s a fifth continent.. separated from this world by barrier which was created by me… it’s a forbidden land.. also known as forsaken land…

….

Forsaken land.

“Young miss, please let’s head back.” A young female voice sounded.

“No!  I have to see what was that vortex from earlier. That was so amazing.”

The young miss replied.

“Young miss, it could be dangerous. Please stop running.”

“No.”

Rapid footsteps were heard.

They were in a forest. Surrounding was lush green and dark.

“Young miss, please turn back.”

“Never!.”

The young miss had blonde and was about 8 years of age. She had deep navy blue eyes and was dresses in hunter’s clothing.

Behind her, another girl ofrom 16 years of age in maid uniform was running after her.

Suddenly the young miss stopped.

Seeing her the maids sighed in relief.

“Young miss.. you finally…uh?” The started speaking but suddenly The young miss pointed something.

“That.. is boy”

The direction she pointed was where unconscious Axiel laid with his spear in his hand. He was same as before but only thing different was that his left hand had a strange tattoo which looked like birth mark.

The young miss looked at the boy for full five minutes as if looking a rare creature before she bent down and looked at his face, poking it she said,

“Well, it’s decided then. I’ll take him as my concubine.”

Maid immediately shrieked, “No! Young miss you can’t do that!”

《End of prologue》

3