INTERLUDE 3: FIVE SACRED BEAST
862 4 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

For many people, Kyoto was one of the most historical cities in Japan. Even now, it is one of the most important strongholds for the Yokai of Japan. Kyoto was also the previous capital before Tokyo.

But, there’s another city, as important as Kyoto, if not more. This city was called Nara the capital of Japan during the Nara period before it was moved to Kyoto and then Tokyo. 

Nowadays, Shinto and Buddhism are separated. But, in the past, it wasn’t the case as Shinto gods were considered as manifestations of Buddha.

Nara is a city with Buddhism as the base, but because of its deep history, this city is considered as a neutral ground for the five Shinto clans to convene and discuss.

-----

Right now, in a Shinto shrine, five people composed of three boys and two girls were seated in Seiza and faced each other.

Despite the solemn air in the interior of the shrine, it was easy to see that those five were nothing more than teens or about, with one of them not even reaching eleven.

They were the future uncontested leader of the five clans. Five young people discarded their name and took one of the sacred beasts.

Suzaku Himejima, the Vermillion Bird. 

Seiryuu Kushihashi, the Azure Dragon.

Byakko Shinra, the White Tiger. 

Genbu Doumon, the Black Tortoise

Ouryuu Nakiri, the Yellow Dragon.

Five beasts representing the five elements which are Fire, Wood, Metal, Water, and Earth.

The rules of birth and destruction of the five elements were as follow

Wood fuels fire, fire forms earth, earth contains metal, metal carries water, water feeds wood.

At the same time, Fire melts metal, metal cuts wood, wood separates earth, earth absorbs water and water quenches fire.

------

After a while, Ouryuu, who was a good looking young man with sharp eyes wearing a military attire finally opened his mouth,

“I asked for a special meeting for three reasons.”

The other stayed silent. Even though the five clans were equal in power, in this generation, Ouryuu, previously known as Nakagami was without a doubt the strongest wielder of the sacred beast. Only Suzaku could rival him in pure power.

The tension grew heavier, 

"Wawawa!!” 

Genbu, a silver haired  ten years old girl trembled as she curled up. She was the youngest out of the five and it was the first time she convened with all the others. 

Byakko on the other hand let out a large grin, he was rather tall and Muscular for a 14 years old boy. When you added his shaved head, he really looked like some kind of young gangster, 

"I hate beating around the bush. I suppose one of those three reasons is the fact that a member of my clan attacked that guy from the church three months ago?" 

The silence that followed was a answer on its own, a sneer formed on Byakko face as he said, 

"Don't fuck with me. I admit that Seijiro Shinra is our responsibility. But don't fucking dare to throw the fault entirely on us. We all know that those outcasts banded together and formed some kind of organization."

His language may have been coarse and rude, but Byakko was in no way stupid. 

"This was in no way my intention. I recognize that we all have a hand in the present situation. This organization was my third point. The second one is…" 

He closed his lips and stared at the young woman who until now never changed her expression. 

Suzaku red eyes stared back at Ouryuu with a serenity that shouldn't have been seen in the face of a 14 years old girl. 

"Unlike the case with Shinra Seijiro, the latest situation is entirely the fault of my clan. I plan to visit Geminis Azrael and have a private discussion with him. We will bear the full responsibility and will pay the corresponding price."

Another silence fell. 

Seiryuu a bespectacled handsome young man with graceful features sighed as he said, 

"Still, this is really infuriating. Two big problems and the two are related to the same person."

Ouryuu nodded, 

"It is so. Still this doesn't change anything. As long as the prince of the church asks for nothing outrageous we will let bygones be. Still, Suzaku and Byakko, I want to ask the two of you to meet him. We already know how much the church cares for him. But try assessing his personal power."

Suzaku frowned a little before staying silent. Frankly she was very grateful for what this prince had done. Shuri Himejima was killed while she was undergoing the ritual to inherit the sacred beast. Knowing that her aunt died like that had always been a thorn in her heart. Even more so when she was unable to find Akeno. 

'Who would have thought that my uncle was in fact hunting my cousin.'

She couldn't forgive herself. Ignorance was in no way an excuse. She failed two people she swore to protect. 

'First with the BLACK DOG and now with LIGHTNING. When added with the outcasts. What more do we need to prove that our current way is flawed. How much more blood do we need to spill?' 

Unknown to all the other four, Suzaku eyes blazed with a deep conviction, 

'One day. I will change the five clans.'

Hello guys. Been a while, isn't it? Well, right now I am living hell on earth. Really stressful.

Anyway, this chapter might be the only one for this week.

But from next week onwards I will try to post 3 chapters a week and make them a little longer.

No promise though. The situation will be a little complicated for the remaining of this month and the next one.


23