Ch1
794 0 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On a small bed in a sparsely furnished room, a delicate-featured young man woke with a start. His momentum carrying him to the floor, leaving him panting. “Huh wait where's this?” he says as he reaches for his thin-rimmed glasses and phone. Once he had his glasses on he then took a look at his phone. 

“Oh man it’s eight wait what does that say?“ he says as squinting at the screen 'I need a new prescription that can't be right' he thinks.

” If it's that date then I’d have to have gone back in time wait lets see.”  he mumbled to himself bringing up his trust fund on his phone ‘ok so it's at $300,000. Which means I really did go back in time! It looks like I came back before my aunt got access to this perfect account,’ he thinks. Pulling himself up into his wheelchair he then began the trek to his kitchen.

How did I get here anyway... Last I remember I had overheard my aunt Ari complaining “yea the brats sick Skylar told us to take him to the doctor but there’s no way in hell I’m taking him there. It's not like he has the money to pay for it anymore. 

I already cleaned out his account after that stunt he pulled. It went a long way into buying things for the kids it’s not like he’ll survive this anyway I’m pretty sure he has Pneumonia” 

was the lasting I heard before giving into sleep. Okay, so I’m in the past now what it’s not like I can go back there? Well, let’s handle her having access to my trust found first. I’ll move this where she won’t find it then go from there.... I could have sworn the kitchen was this way wait hold on where I was staying before... oh, dang I was staying in a motel. 

Okay, so I’ll need to find a place to stay soon.’ he thought on his way out of the dingy motel.

He makes his way to the closest internet cafe. He  buying a breakfast sandwich.“ Excuse me, I’d like to use a computer,” he says after gaining one of the clerks attention.

 “ Okay, which floor would you lik... never mind right this way,” she says having finally turned around automatically focusing on his wheelchair." excuse me?" He says after giving her a minute to stare which seems to break her out of her daze. She then leads him to a section of computers at the far back.

” Thank you?” he says“ your welcome,” she says while making her way to the front desk at a near frantic pace. ‘Well, that could have gone better tho I don’t know what her problem is ‘ he thinks, shaking his head while logging in.

 ‘ Better make the most of this trip so let’s get this moved to this account ok with it there I know she won’t get to it. I should get the key to the house, my parents left me. Hmm, so I guess I should call Skylar. That should get the housing out of the way so next up is supporting myself ..... 

I could earn money playing Elements of Lunarya like I used to. Okay, so that’s decided. I guess I'll just need to look at the Vrpod options. Oh there's a full kit on sale might as well check it out.$20,000 with a six-month nutrient supply it’s worth it. Well that takes care of the Vr-Pod now just leaves the computer. It’s useless to get a vrpod if I don’t have one to connect it to.’ he thought while looking through listings.

Having not found anything useful he heads back to the motel after ordering lunch. 

Once back in he calls his uncle..

" Skylar Hall speaking"

“ Hey, it’s Asher I’m calling to get the deed and key to my old house. So I can move back there when's the soonest I can get those from you.” 

"I see, when exactly do you want them?"

“Can you make time to meet with me today?” "Today's fine, though I thought you were living with Ari?" Skylar asks 

“ Well she’s made her opinion of me living with her known and I caught her trying to empty my account."Explains Asher

" I see, well that's a good reason to move out but do you know how you'll handle your bills? It's not like your trust is going to last you forever. Do you want to stay with me until you figure something out? You know you can right." Asks Skylar 

"Yes, I have a plan for covering the bills.  No, I don't want to come live with you. I've got it covered, and if I need to I will." 

"Okay since you’ve got it planned how about we meet wherever you’re at."

"I'm at Vortex Motel on South eighth street right now." 

"Wait, you’re at the vortex motel? I'll come to get you."

"Okay,  yes I’m that a motel." “ Hey, do you know a tech shop near here? I kinda need a computer?” asks Asher deflecting. 

"Yes, though it's not like you need to go to one I can get you one of the newest ones from the office if you need one you know?" "Ah, I didn't think about that I was looking into getting one to play Elements of Lunarya. " Explains Asher refocusing on his phone.

"Okay, I can probably get one for you if you want?" "That should be fine thank you""Not a problem if you need anything else let me know okay"  

“By the way, I'm outside now. So as soon as you get packed we can go." "your outside now?” “... Don’t worry about that anyway when you're ready,”  “ I'll be right there let me check out." "Do you need help with your bags?" "No, actually I don't have much, just a few clothes and my phone." 

 Asher explains while hurrying to the front desk. 

" I'm here to turn in my room key, someone has come to pick me up" is all he says to the attendant sitting his key on the desk before making his way out. 

" ok, where are you exactly... Nevermind I can see your car. Do you have enough room for my chair?" He inquired when he reached the car. "Yes, there's enough space for your wheelchair. Let’s get you in then I'll show you." Skylar says, helping Asher into the front seat. 

" With you in the front, I can place your chair right here in the back. Did you eat?"  Skylar securing the wheelchair into place. 

" Yes I've eaten," Asher says trying to find something to read on his phone only for his vision to be blocked by headphones. " I know you haven't liked being in cars since the accident so I brought you something," Skylar explains handing Asher the headphones while getting in the driver’s seat. Asher took them his shoulders, relaxing minutely. "I knew you were my favorite for a reason."  "So you say" chuckles Skylar focusing on the road. 

Watching Skylar make his way  into the building ‘I’ll start prepping to start the game tomorrow so I’ll go ahead and order the VRpod.’ Asher thinks of opening a browser on his phone. 

'Well, what do I remember will happen after the next update. There will be the introduction of 10 large Islands off the coast that players can buy and   Player-owned towns will be introduced. I should also see what's in the library seeing as in the other regent's libraries have skills to learn. 

I’ll Learn potion-making and cooking and that'll be a good way to earn money after the update. ‘He thinks glancing at the door.

'Better get ready Skylar should be back soon.' "Hello?" "Was there a specific computer model you wanted?" Asks Skylar "Nope you'll probably pick a better one than I would, it's your company after all."Asher packs his things away.

"Ok. I'll be right out" Skylar says Finally making it to the car.   “Okay well we’ve made it,” says Skylar pulling up in front of a red brick home with an overgrown yard.  “I see it has changed quite a bit these last few years.” Asher says, pulling himself into his wheelchair.” yes I had it renovated so you can get around better,” Skylar says pushing asher up the ramp to the oak wood door.

Upon entering his house Asher noticed that the walls were repainted a warm dark brown with cream trim. “ where exactly have you moved our photos?” asks Asher as they make their way to the nearest bedroom, passing the kitchen on the way. “They’re on the table,” Skylar says, pushing  Asher toward his bedroom. " I see... is the other bedroom set up? " "yes, though this one has an ensuite."

 " oh okay is the kitchen stocked?" "Yes, where do you want me to set up your computer?" "The other bedroom. There are other guest rooms right?" "Yes, do you want me to leave you here or take you with?" "I'm good here.” "Okay it's set I'll see you next week." Says Skylar pacing into the room. " Okay, have a good evening," says Asher, moving into the bed.  

15