Ch 4
335 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

‘Wait there’s a quest here?’  he thought, staring at the notification “um... Yes? I mean sure I’ll do it” “ oh thank you “ breaths Lilliana in relief while leading him to the last place she saw it.

While taking in the shelf he spots movement ‘okay so maybe that’s it’ he thinks moving closer to the area only for a shadow to make a dash to a shelf farther down. Which allows him to catch a glimpse of what appears to be a pair of wings. 

‘What wings?’ he thinks while turning down the aisle one bookshelf away from where the being landed angling himself so he can see what it is.

Skill Acquired Detect (a skill that allows the player to detect the nearest monster or trap) [level 1 rank 0]

Once he spots a shadow two shelves from him. he slowly makes his way over only for it to take off upon seeing his shadow. Moving down an aisle two shelves from it he’s finally able to spot it whereupon he’s able to tell it is a male water pixie. 

He then checks his inventory in order to see if the beginner’s gift will have anything useful. Opening the beginner’s gift he finds 5 low-grade mana and health potions, a small bag of sugar cookies, and 500 copper and a small bone knife. ‘Okay so maybe I can lure him away with the sugar cookies if not I’ll have to use the knife.’ 

He thinks equipping the bone knife. Taking a cookie out the bag of cookies he slowly moves closer to the pixie gaining its attention “ would you like a cookie” he whispers when he doesn’t run as soon as he sees him take the first step towards him.  Holding the cookie out he continues to beckon it to him all the while he creeps closer to him. 

Until finally he is close enough to hand him part of the cookie which it takes with a tilt of its head looking at the cookie with wonder.” that’s a cookie you eat it see like this?” he explains taking a bite out of the rest of the cookie he has out. Cautiously the pixie takes a bite of his piece of cookie still watching him. 

Once the pixie takes his first bite it seems like he can’t stop itself from eating.only for him to look to Starbud as soon as he finishes what’s left of his cookie. “ if you want more you’ll have to come with me,” he says while moving toward the front of the library.

 Watching Asher move away the Pixie quickly flies after him. Seeing the pixie follow him obediently Starbud leads him straight to one of the tables in the front giving him another part of the cookie.

 ”Here you go just like I promised,” he says while signaling Lilliana over. “I believe this pixie to be the being that was in the back shelve seeing as he's the only thing I saw back there that didn’t seem to belong” he explains

“ Ah so you were able to get him out the shelves without harming him?” she says looking over the pixie that’s swarming Asher for more cookies. 

Quest complete

Quest  reward: 600Xp, 20 copper)   and +24 GW with Liliana 

 

[Level up!]

Turning to Asher, Liliana asks "I have these from when I was traveling. I don't really need them, do you want one?" Remove the being while keeping it alive Special reward: a choice of one out of three land ticket (Green, Turquoise, or Blue)

"Yes I'll take the turquoise one"

 Asher then decides to check  out the life skills section looking for a skill that might be useful and finds a book with an elderberry  image on the spine titled basics of botany 

Skill Acquired: Foraging  (a skill that helps players identify forage able Ingredients.) [level 1 rank 0] 

Moving on he sees a book with a paw print on the spine ’this must be the book on taming maybe I should use it seeing as he’s not left my side since I fed him?’ h. thinks glancing at the pixie before reaching for the book.

Skill Acquired: Basic Tame {allows the player to befriend Beings and monsters.) [level 1 rank 0] 

‘ That’s odd I read that players could only befriend mobs this must be a different version of the skill’  turning back to the shelf to put away the book he spots a book first step to treasure a book on maps and how to read them. He only pauses for a second ‘ maybe I should read it might come in handy eh I’ll come back and read it if I need it’ “ let’s see” turning his attention to the pixie ‘okay so the book mentioned needing a brace when taming a being. So I should probably go get one from the general store... maybe I should ask Lilliana if there’s a different way cause I kinda don’t want to see him in what amounts to a shackle’ making his way over to Lilliana “ um excuse me is there a way I can tame him without using a  taming brace?”

“Yes, there is if you want to tame him you could use the spell in the book beings and how to befriend them on the shelf by the front. The spell’s less invasive way to tame though it has a higher failure rate than the taming brace.” “Okay, thank you.” 

Making his way back to the shelf he pulls out the book. “ Okay this says I have to have goodwill with you,” turning his attention to the pixie he activates  the spell array 

Being detected water pixie gender male initiating taming ... 

Try 1... ... failure 

Initiating 2nd Try... failure 

Initiating final Try ... Success 

‘Okay that worked I should be able to see his name now‘ “status.”  

Name Yuki 

Level: 1 

Race Pixie

Affinity: Water level 1 

Skill: Water ball

Good Will  level 1 20/100 GW

When the master and the pets good will raises in Level the pet will unlock a new ability. Good will is gained threw earning goodwill points gp for short.

‘Alright taking him with me will be useful though I wonder what raising his GP will unlock. Maybe I should look into how GP works for NPCs.’ he thinks, making his way to Lillianna. " excuse me are there any books that might make my travels easier?" 

"Well, you might want to read about hearthstones. Strengthen spells about anchoring spells and A Set Defense about shields  will definitely be of use to you if you plan to adventure." "If you don't mind me asking why would I need to learn about the hearthstone?" 

Turning to give him her full attention  “ the book will explain.” she says with a small smile " I see well I'll just go take a look at the books you mentioned." He says moving to the shelf. 

Quickly looking threw the books he decides to read A Set Defense first 

Skill Acquired: barrier a basic shield spell [level 1 rank 0] 

‘Well that’s useful I wonder about the others’ he thinks reaching for the book Streighthing Spells. 

‘Let’s see... so land spirits can anchor their skills not just spells to their hearthstone...I see so maybe that’s why she wants me to read about hearthstones.’  he thought while looking through the shelf. A book with a gem on the spine draws his attention

Skill Acquired: Fusion a skill that strengthens hearthstones by enhancing them using minerals and precious stones [level 1 rank 0] 

Heading to the front of the library he stops Lilliana "excuse me you wouldn't happen to know the way to the bakery would you?" "If you go out front and take a right it should be on the left side of the road just before you reach the camping area" "Okay thank you" 

Making his way down the street he spots the bakery two blocks down.

 

9