Ch 7
295 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Making his way to the edge of town Asher Makes out a young player being chased by a Fire Elemental. The player appears to be a human warrior judging by his sword. 

Rushing to intercept a fireball Asher shouts "on your right" and pulls the warrior behind him while activating his shield holding it off. " If you have potions you might want to heal," he says barely glancing At the boy 

" Yuki we could use your help " summoned at the mention of his name Yuki quickly takes in the situation then begins to pelt the fire elemental with a water ball. "This thing has a way too much health. What were you doing trying to fight it?" Asher asks when the water ball barely takes a tenth of the elementals health.

 " I was trying to level quickly to catch up to my sister, she left the region when I was in class. So I was trying to catch up by killing monsters at night." " I see are you healed enough for me to drop the shield?" 

" yea I should be" shifting to the left Asher pulls out his bone knife and slashes the side of the elemental taking a sliver of its health and leaving a gash. Seeing the opening Yuki quickly aims to fire four consecutive water balls. Criting with the first hit and drawing its attention. 

Seeing it distracted the warrior takes a swipe at the elemental's back. Taking the last of its health. " well that could have gone worst thank you for your help by the way I'm Gavynne." The warrior pants " Not a problem I'm Starbud. "Asher says checking Yuki’s stats ‘huh he leveled,’

 “ it was nice meeting you, but I think I’ve had enough excitement for today,” says Asher heading back into town. “ yea me too hey where are you going?” Gavynne calls after Asher “ to the general store “

 “ wait up I’ll come with you,” Gavynne calls while running to catch up to him "Sure " Asher replies while waiting for him. 

Gavynne wants to add you as a friend do you accept?

Yes / No

Selecting yes, Asher Leads Gavynne to the store on the other side of town 

"So… what are you planning to get?" Gavynne asks. Just as they reached two blocks into town from the beginner spawn point. "Well, I was just going to check to see what kind of items they had. I heard it’s cheaper than when you leave to go to one of the other regions " Asher replies "Really? I never read anything like that on the forums." says Gavynne 

"I overheard my cousins talking about it, "Asher says as they walk or rather as he walks. While Gavynne skips excitedly and chatters away. ‘maybe this was a mistake’ Asher thinks glancing at him. 

Walking into the store, Asher sees that it sells items that you wouldn't see together once you left the beginner town. There is an assortment of musical instruments, there are also scrolls canvases scattered about. Making his way deeper into the store, 

Asher sees Items for tailoring, training braces and other taming materials. A set of the items he knows he’ll need is a Ven-on and Shopt-kit set. Outside of the beginner region, you can only find one or the other never an actual set. On the far side is an assortment of cooking equipment and potion bottles. 

Asher is distracted from looking around by Gavynne calling to him enthusiastically gushing over the taming materials and how cheap they were. "Starbud look, they are selling these so cheap. My sister messaged me earlier saying these cost around 25 silver each so I should save up, but they’re only 10 bronze here. Wait until my sister finds out she’ll be so jealous." he says, grabbing as much as he can. 

 "I bet you're glad you didn't make it to level 15 with her, huh." chuckles Asher 

“ yea I am,” he says, eyes gleaming at the items. Shaking his head Asher goes back to looking around the store. After a couple of minutes of searching, he found the cooking equipment. Almost everything he would ever need was there, although its all low quality they would last until he made enough to buy better quality equipment.

Looking everything over he notices it won’t fit his spatial inventory, ‘I’m going to need more space’ he thinks Looking for a spatial bracelet. Not finding one Asher makes his way to the counter. “ excuse me, can you tell me where you keep your spatial wristbands?” he asks the young women at the front counter. 

“ Oh we're out of stock right now dad went to get more onyx to make more but he’s not back yet. She says, turning from counting the register. Looking at the clock she says “ odd he should be back by now...” “ would like me to go check on him?” “ no no he should be here soon actually that’s him right now,” she says, pointing out a figure running toward the store. 

“ Did you get the onyx we need?” she asks him as soon as he gets inside “ no the cave is crawling with centipedes I couldn’t even make it past the entrance.” “ well looks like your out of luck doesn’t look like will be getting any made any time soon,” she says shrugging to Asher “ if you want I can go get some ?” “ you’d be willing to do that really I’ll give you two pieces of spatial equipment?” ask the store owner noticing him for the first time. 

Quest activated: A need for onyx

Reward: spatial equipment ??

 Would you like to accept this quest?

Yes / No

“Sure though I‘d need a way to harvest the onyx.” “ Luckily dad has an old pickaxe you can use it” “Melody’s right. here we need 20 onyx.” Says the store owner handing Asher the pickaxe and a bag. “Where exactly do I need to get the onyx,” Asher asks taking the items.

"There is a cave a little way out of town toward the west, inside the cave is where the onyx can be found. We need Black onyx. they grow on the leyline in the back of the cave along with quartz and Agate. The Quartz and agate glow thanks to the adamant magic so it should be easy to spot” “ alright leave it to me” Asher locates Gavynne “ I got a shareable quest do you want to join me?” he asks taping Gavynne. “ What kind of quest?" Gavynne asks

 

"It's to collect onyx from a centipede infested cave."

Starbud invites you to join a party would you like to accept?

Yes / No

 

hearing what the quest is for  “ heck yea I want to come!”  

 

"That's great do you want to head out tonight?"Asher askes watching him with a smile

"Yes! is that even a question?"

Pondering if this is a good idea “ why are you so excited?”Asher asks “This is my first quest since starting the game. Plus if there’s a lot of centipedes I might level tonight,” says Gavynne rushing toward the door. 

“ Do you even know where we’re heading?” Asher asks following him out of the store.

 “ um no actually I don’t know where we’re going,” Gavynne says with a shrug. 

 

8