Ch 8
272 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Checking the time Asher sees it’s 11 pm leaving them three hours before sunrise. “ well it’s a good thing I know where we’re going then isn’t it?” Asher says, taking the lead. 

Leading him threw the forest to the mouth of the cave. Making their way into the cave the begin looking for quartz or agate. They soon notice that the cave is actually a grouping of tunnels “ should we split up” asks Gavynne “no I don’t think so.” says Asher trying to find the glowing stones.

Hearing movement from the left Gavynne rushes into the tunnel. Following him closely Asher rounds a corner to find him facing off with a pair of meter-long centipedes with glistening slate grey shells. Just behind the centipede’s Asher can make out four large quartz crystals glowing bright yellow. 

“ looks like you found the centipedes,” Asher says dodging the swipe of one of the centipedes. “ well at least their’s also stones?” shrugs Gavynne stabbing at the centipede closet to him “ yea we found stones but I’m not seeing what we’re here for” snarks Asher when his bone knife barely does damage to the centipede that’s chasing him. Asher Leads to crash with the centipede fighting Gavynne. 

“ Yuki we could use a little help.” Calls Asher Yuki into the cave. Upon rounding the corner Yuki takes in the centipedes in a tangle but still trying to attack Asher and Gavynne. He quickly takes aim with the water bullet and takes eighth of one of the centipede’s health drawing its attention. 

 Turning to reach to chase Yuki the centipede untangles from its brother. Releasing its smokescreen once free from its brother the centipede sneaks up behind Gavynne and wraps him in coils in an attempt to immobilize him.

 Seeing Gavynne struggling with one of the centipedes Asher takes a swipe at one of its plats and nicks between the plating causing it to rear back in pain releasing Gavynne in the process. Rushing to Gavynne’s side Asher calls up his shield.

 “ What did you do you got a nice chunk of its health” pants Gavynne “ I missed and got between the plats... that might be its weak spot,” explains Asher focusing on the centipedes.

 “ Yuki try and hit them in the black part between they’re shells,” he calls while watching the one attacking his shield for an opening. Seeing it rear back to charge the shield he notices a large section its underbelly is free of plating. Taking the opening he stabs at it earning a shriek from it. 

Drawing the attention of the other from Yuki. Asher lets his momentum carry him along the length of it, splitting it in half and rolling out of reach of the one charging him. “ a little help here?” he shouts, noticing Gavynne watching him be chased. 

“ It looked like you had everything handled,” Gavynne says, moving to intercept the centipede aiming a slash at its underbelly once it’s in range taking a fourth of its health. 

Watching it turn to Gavynne Asher takes a stab at between its plating redrawing Aggro and opening its underbelly for Another stab. Using this method they ate away its health. Only of it to try and run with a sliver of its health remains trying to head deeper in the tunnels only for Yuki to take the last of its health with three water balls.

[Level up!]

“Well that’s two centipedes what did they drop?” asks Asher while checking out the crystals not finding a single onyx. “There is two daggers, four copper and six plates. What do you want from the drops?” 

“ we’ll split them down the middle one dagger each, two copper each and three plates each alright. Do you want some of this quartz?” “Nope, I have no use for it,” Gavynne says handing over Asher ’s portion of the drops. Pulling out the pickaxe he decides to mine them out anyway. 

Skill Acquired: Basic Mining a skill that allows the player to obtain precious stone/gems/ ore/ regular stone Lvl 1 Rank 0

‘Well this will be useful’ he thinks to put five quartz pieces of in his bag.

Turning toward the tunnel the centipede tried to run down they start back up the search for onyx. They make they’re way to a dead-end in front of them is nothing but quartz. Turning to retrace their steps they catch a glimpse of a shadow moving. turning to face the place where they saw the shadow they see an opening in the cave wall. Creeping toward the opening “looks like another tunnel” Gavynne says rushing down it “hey wait!” 

“ Well looks like that’s where we’ll be going do you want to fly or ride on my shoulder,” he says to Yuki walking following the sound of Gavynne’s footsteps. Nodding Yuki perches on his shoulder scanning the tunnel he catches sight of a few patches for agate. ‘I’ll need to come back after I find him. “Wha!” hearing Gavynne scream farther down the tunnel Asher picks up the pace. 

Coming up behind him Asher can make out the shapes of what appears to be four centipedes. “ what’s wrong?” “one of them is way too big” “ what?” moving around him Asher finally gets a clear look at them. What he originally thought was four centipedes seems to actually be three centipedes and what might be a millipede judging from its size. “ Yuki see if you can draw one of the centipedes over?” flying close Yuki makes a quick right when the millipede swipes at him. 

“Okay so I guess I’ll have to see if a water bullet will draw enough aggro,” says Asher, watching the millipede coil around the centipedes. Hearing him Yuki fires three water bal at the nearest centipede drawing it away from the millipede. Leading the Centipede toward the tunnel where Asher and Gavynne are hidden. Once it gets in range Gavynne takes a stab at its flank. 

 “ I think these centipedes have softer armor.” Says Gavynne noticing its health drop by a fifth. Watching it turn toward Gavynne Asher stabs at a gap in its plating bring its health down to one fourth “ Yuki you can lure another he’s right they’re softer.” nodding Yuki heads back to retrieve a second centipede only to rush back to Asher as the millipede chases him. 

As Yuki reaches him Asher brings up his shield, heading it off. Seeing an opportunity Gavynne stabs at the space between barely doing a tenth of damage.

“ Starbud This thing has a name Its called millipede Millipede. Maybe its a boss?” 

He shouts dodging a swipe from it. “ It’s probably a mini-boss seems too small to be a boss,” Asher says, slashing at its underbelly. “ What do you mean to small this thing’s like five meters long,” Gavynne says, stabbing the centipede they originally lured, finishing off its health so he could help Asher. “ Yuki go see if you can find an opening,” Asher asks. 

 Circling overhead Yuki fires three water balls in quick succession one of which whizzes by harmlessly another hitting its flack while the last grazes one of the millipede’s antennae causing it to rear back releasing a low hiss. 

 Pulling itself to full hight millipede releases a fog of green gas freezing them in place. Winding around Asher it hoists him into the air rears back and tosses him into the quartz wall dropping his health by forty percent. Finally released from the stun Gavynne rushes forward to y draw its aggro.

 “ If you can move You should take a potion,” he calls to Asher. Drawing millipede back into the tunnels. Seeing an opening Yuki pulls himself back into the air chasing after it releasing water balls. Shuffling to his feet Asher takes off after them. Following them all the way back into the room millipede originally came from. Turning the corner he catches sight of Gavynne being cornered by the remaining two centipedes while Yuki tries to hold the millipedes aggro. Dashing to aid Gavynne, Asher strikes one of the centipedes in the flank, rending its shell and demolishing the last of its life. Crashing into Asher the millipede attempts to impale him with its forelegs. 

Seizing the opportunity Yuki bombards the millipede with water balls. Seizing the opening Gavynne grasps the last centipede fling it into the far wall decimating its health and gaining the millipede’s aggro. Drawing it toward the far side Gavynne side steps its first lunge plunging his sword into its underbelly. Faltering the millipede begins to retreat. Watching it withdraw Yuki flings five water balls annihilating its health. 

"I wished I remembered to record this”   Gavynne exclaims excitedly. "If you say so”  Asher shrugs

Staggering to his feet Asher makes his way to the cave wall he checks for onyx. “ What'd it drop? “ he asks, locating a large cluster of onyx. “ the Millipede dropped a sword, Plate armor, a paralytic sack, and two silver the Centipedes dropped three small daggers, six copper, nine pieces of plating” calls Gavynne looking threw the drops.

 “ we’ll follow the same rules as before you can have the armor?” asks Asher picking the last piece of onyx needed for the quest. “ Okay and I’ll take the sword you can have the last dagger, sack, and plating.” says Gavynne bringing Asher his share “ alright well let’s head back,” Asher says checking the onyx.

 As they make their way to the mouth of the cave.

"After we turn in this quest I will probably be level15," Gavynne says sadly. "I've had a lot of fun hanging out with you, which region are you going to pick?" "You're not going to join your Sisters region?" Asher asks. Shrugging Melted Snow says, "I think I’d have more fun going with you." " I guess I’m either going to Ogane or Arur since they’re both near  water," Asher says shrugging ."My sister is in Arur, let's meet there."

 Asher notices an oddly shaped stone. Picking it up to look at it he sees that it’s completely smooth and dark green. Shrugging he puts the stone in his pocket as they head to town. Upon reaching the town they quickly make their way to the general store. “Oh, your back” calls the Store owner moving to greet them. “Did you get the onyx ?” “Yes and we took care of the centipede problem.” asher says handing the store owner the bag and pickaxe

Quest Complete: A need for onyx

Quest reward spatial equipment, 20 Copper,1000Xp). 

[Level Up!]

“Thank you, you can keep this,” the store owner says, pushing the pickaxe into Asher’s hand. Opening his storage he places the pickaxe in and sees that the spatial Equipment is a Spatial wristband and ring. Equipping the wristband and ring he looks over and sees Gavynne opening his package. Suddenly there’s a shower of confetti around him signifying that he is level15. Squealing in excitement  Gavynne put on the items and began selecting his region. " I’ve got five minutes before I get transported. I’ll see you later when you get to Arur." Gavynne says once he is finished. Gavynne then rushes around the store seeing if he wants anything.

Shaking his head Asher draws Melody's attention asking her the items he wants. Getting a cooking knife, table, ladle, Mini stove, rolling pin, and a Ven-on and Shopt-kit set that he saw earlier for the low price of 1 silver and 756 Copper and selling his extra daggers and bone knife. Which left him with  5 gold, 2 silver, and 28 bronze. Having not been to find all the cooking items he needs he puts the items inside of his spatial wristband and leaves the shop.

 

5