Ch 10
233 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Mari do you know where I can learn about potion making?” asks Asher  “no, but Lilliana might” “okay thank you “  Making his way to the library spots noticing a sign about Potion bottles on sale at the general store. Making his way into the Library he spots the end of Lilliana’s ponytail. 

‘ I wonder if I should just read the book' thinks making way over to her. "Lillianna do you happen to know where I can learn about potion?" He asks, gaining her attention " the only potion maker nearby is Orion he lives in a small cottage in the forest on the other side of the bridge. Maybe he'll be willing to teach you.”  “ Ah okay thanks,” he says quickly making his way out of the library.

 Wondering over to the bridge Asher begins to wind his way through the forest. Spotting a cottage threw the gaps in the forest. He breaks into a run. Sliding to a stop a few trees from the cottage he spots a figure in a dark blue robe. " Excuse me are you Orion?" He calls. “ I am, is there something you need?” says the figure removing its hood revealing the face of a young man. “ I was wondering if you’d be willing to teach me to make potions?” “sure if you do something for me”

“What do you want me to do?” asks Asher. “ recently I’ve seen an abundance  of slowmin in the forest eating herbs if you’d be willing to kill some and collect a few of each herb I’ll teach you a bit.”  Orion says

Quest Acquired: 

Reward:?? 47 GP Oion

Would you like to accept this quest?

Yes | No

“Sure what all do you want me to bring back.”  “I need three alder bulbs, Ansis, valerian stems.”  “okay leave it to me,” says Asher making his way threw the trees glancing around to see if he can spot a patch of Ansis only to notice a grouping of red in a nearby field making his way over.  

Plant Type: Alder Bulb plant that grows in open areas grows in clusters consists of Large red bulb and long thin red stems

Moving to pick them Asher catches movement to his left. “Yuki would you mind picking the  I think I saw movement,” he says making his way toward the shadows he spots a trail of slime. Pulling his dagger he followed the shadow deeper into the forest. 

Slipping around a tree in an attempt to cut it off he comes face to eye with a slowmin. Pulling back it tries to escape into the shadows. “Oh no, you don’t” charging after it Asher swipes at its side. Lashing out with its tail it turns to face him. Dodging he slashes at it bringing its health down by five percent. 

Looming over him the slowmin spews a torrent of brow muck brunning away fifteen percent of his health and eating away at the trees. Stumbling away from it Asher takes a potion quickly retreating behind a tree.  Weaving his ways threw the trees Asher lures the Slowmin into the clearing, upon reaching the clearing Asher finds yuki surrounded by 3 slowmin. 

Sprinting forward Asher plunges his dagger into the back of one piercing threw it.  Jumping over it he pulls the dagger along its body cleaving it in two. “ yuki use water needle.”  he says twisting out of range of the slowmin on his right.  Ducking the murk released on his left he slashed at the slowmin behind yuki drawing the aggro of the others.  As his blade sinks into its mouth. Yanking his blade free he watches as yuki decimates the health of the slowmin chasing hm. Turning to the remaining slowmin. 

Darting toward it Asher skids to a stop just avoiding a torrent of murk. Sliding away from it Asher watches yuki pelt it with water needles. Slipping away Asher searches for the other two herbs he needs.  Making his way deeper in the forest Asher spots a trail of slime. Following the slime, he passes close to a tree finding a patch of

Plant Type: valerian stems Green herb found in shady places.

Stoping he picks as many as he can and half of the seeds. 

Squish 

Turning toward the sound he is greeted by the sight of two slowmin Being chased by You threw a field. Leaving a trail of corrosive slime in they’re wake. Weaving threw the trees he cuts one of raking his blad across its side and drawing it away.  Leading it threw the trees. He brings it close to the river.  Dodging a spray of murk he twists to the left nicking its right side. Rearing back it releases a torrent of muck. Narrowly avoiding it Asher can feel his sleeves dissolve and the liquid begins to eat threw his skin. Quickly taking a healing potion Asher begins to weave his way back threw the trees. Slipping into the shadow of a tree he watches the slowmin give’s chase. As it passes him. He takes his blade and cleves it in two. 

Moving help yuki he makes it just in time to see yuki raze a slowmin down in a barrage of Water needles.

‘well then let’s see.’ making his way fully into the field Asher begins looking for the last herb.  Finding it just five feet away from the withered mass left in the slowmin’s wake. “ alright yuki lets head back” Ahser calls collecting the plants and seed. Making there way quickly back. “ here we have the herbs you wanted.” “ thank you”

Quest Completed: 

Reward:300Copper, , 400EXP, A medium-sized copper pot and spoon, and 47 GP with Oion

Item Acquired: Medium-sized Copper Pot and Spoon ( 5% chance of potions not blowing up)

He then proceeds to lecture Asher all about the ins and outs of potion-making without leaving anything out. Even though he knows most of this already a refresher never hurts. when Orion finishes with his lecture the sun has set.

"And finally," he says "The most important thing in being a potion maker is experimentation.". Not every potion has been invented. There are potions being created every day. Don't just rely on the books, do your own research, and create something new." Orion says handing Asher a book. (add the potion making skill)

Item Acquired: Field Journal a tool used for organizing research.

The two of them talked some more before Asher begins to leave he puts the copper pot and spoon in his inventory along with the field journal. 

Making his way back into town Asher spots Leno. “Hey Leno do you all normally have slowmin in the forests?” he asks catching Leno’s attention.” No, actually we don’t have any around here.” “well, there’s a bunch in the forest right now.” “What that shouldn’t be possible”  Leno says shacking Asher. 

 “ We haven’t had slowmin here in the last five years I wonder what’s causing this.” “Is something wrong?” Asher asks prying Leno’s hand from his collar.  “Yes, they shouldn’t be able to reach the area. Would you go and check with Lilliana to see if she knows anything?”

Hidden Chain Quest Acquired: A Not So Pleasant Discovery 

Reward:??? +50 Gp with townspeople

Would you like to accept this quest 

Yes | No

 

“ Sure I’ll go tell her now,” he says heading toward the Library. Entering the library he spots Lilliana  among the bookshelves  making his way over  “hi can I help you” "when I went to see Orion today I saw a bunch of slowmin.” “oh, how many?"

Quest complete

Reward: 200Exp 20copper +50 GP with townspeople

 " I saw six but I think there might be more." "If you saw that many there must be a nest somewhere hmmm.." " A nest?" "Yes slowmin usually make a nest. Though it's been a while since they've been in this region." " I see what are you going to do?" "We'll have to kill the nest and purify the forest. Would you mind getting something for me?"  she says pacing.

Quest Acquired Liquid Purity

Reward:??? +50Gp with Townspeople

Would you like to accept this quest

Yes | No

8