ch12
218 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Making walking threw town Going to the field to hunt rabbits in order to finish the last of his level Asher is stopped by Maple, Melody, and Tim. "Hey Starbud look what we found." They say holding up a piece of parchment. “Yesterday Maple got a treasure map from a message bottle.” says Tim “ I see, do you know how to read it?”

"Really? can you read it" “ no do you know how?” “ No, though I can find out,” says Asher.

“Would you mind?” asks Maple “Not at all,” he says, leading them toward the library. Reaching the library he heads straight to the brown shelf. Pulling the book first step to treasure a book on maps and how to read them from the shelf he begins to look through it. 

Skill Acquired: Celestial navigation. a skill that allows the player to restore, Identify rank, and read maps...[Level 1 Rank 0] 

 

"Okay, I should be able to read it now. Here read this book, Maple." He says handing maple the book. "Hey starbud can I talk to you for a moment," asks Lillianna motioning him to her desk. "Sure is something wrong?" He asks, making his way over.

 "No I just wanted to give you these for helping with the slowmin," she says handing him three scrolls. “Thank you,” he says opening them

Item Acquired: Lume water recipe 

Item Acquired: Vernc Recipe

Item Acquired: Purifier Recpice

Placing the scrolls in his inventory He takes a minute to read his on.“ Starbud do you want to treasure hunt with us?” asks Maple tugging on his sleeve

Quest Activated: adventure with friends

Reward:???

Would you like to accept this quest

Yes | No

“ sure, where does the map say we should go? “ he asks turning to them

“Um it mentions a cave in the forest I think,” says Melody squinting at the map.

“Here let me see,” he says reaching for the map. Looking at it he brings up his world map and sets the quadrants.

“Alright it points to the northeast of town,” he says leading them out of town.” It looks like it’s in this cave,” says Tim staring at the cave in front of them. Handing them each a piece of quartz Asher leads them through the tunnels.

 ‘I’ve been here before’ he thinks turning down a tunnel to the left bringing them to a fork.“Which way do you want to go?” He asks, turning to them. “Lest fo to the left,” says Maple seeing them all turn to her. 

Nodding Asher takes the lead into the room. Upon entering the tunnel they find that it is a room with visible coal deposits and a small bronze chest sitting in the middle. “ wait here, I'll check to see if there are any traps” says Asher, making his way toward the chest. “ alright looks clear” he says Opening the chest and moving to the side waving to the side 

“ here you can have this we don’t really need it," says melody passing him a small bag

 

Item Acquired:Amethyst Crystal a Variant of Quartz 

Quest complete 

Reward: 200xp, 200copper +310 GP with Maple,Melody, and Timmy

 Leaving the cave they quickly make they're way back to town. "By the way starbud my dad wants to talk to you." Says Melody when Asher turns to leave." Ah, our parents also want to talk to you." Says Tim after hearing Melody. 

"Okay I'll visit them later," he says making his way out of town stopping on the bridge he checks the quadrants on his map. 'Hmm, looks close by' he thinks weaving his way thru the trees. Coming to a familiar cave entrance." ah it's where I collected onyx" he mumbles making his way inside. traveling along the group of tunnels that head to the left.

 He makes his way to the marker. Turning a corner he comes face to face with two centipedes 'looks like we didn't get them all.' He thinks about readying his dagger. Rolling to his left he barely dodges. When a centipede charges him. Shuffling to his feet he stabs its side. 

Glancing at the other centipede he sees Yuki decimate half of its health with water needles. quickly turning to the nearest centipede he slides to the right barley avoiding its swipe. Slashing along its back watching it's health plummets. Turning when Yuki lands on his shoulder. 

Continuing through the tunnel they find an expanse of quartz and agate. Taking a few minutes Asher mines up twenty crystals before heading into the next tunnel. 

Coming upon a fork he heads into the tunnel on his right. Making his way to the end of the tunnel 'Well the map says it should be here.' Looking around the tunnel he finds a small bronze chest. Opening the chest he finds 

Item Acquired: The ring of silent this item gives the user the ability to lace the entire party in a stealth field 

Turning he makes his way back to the cave entrance he makes his way back to town. ‘ I guess I should go see Mike and Mari’ he thinks to reach the edge of town. Making his way to the bakery. 

“ I heard you and Mike wanted to see me? He says seeing Mari at the front counter.

"Yes, we did we were wondering if you wanted to try our newest recipe. In exchange we’ll lend you our kitchen here,” she says motioning him into the back. 

Quest Activated: New Menu Item

Reward:?? +595GP with Mari and Mike, Access to the Kitchen at Mari and Mike’s bakery

Would you like to accept this quest

Yes | No

“Sure Why not, “ he says heading into the kitchen.

“Hey Starbub these are what we want you to try,” says Mike, motioning to a bowl of a red semi-translucent substance. “Um, what is it,” Asher asks, staring as Mike scoops some into a bowl. 

Watching it jiggle as it’s placed in front of him. “ not really sure haven’t decided what to call it yet but it uses the gel powder from the slowmin, strawberries, and some sugar” shrugs Mari passing him a spoon.

 Gulping he takes one bite.’ hmm tastes like Jello’ he thinks “ how is t” asks mike watching Asher as he finishes his bowl.

 “It’s good tho slightly watery” responses Asher “watery how so?”Mari asks 

 “ the flavor of the strawberries isn’t really strong” Explains Asher washing placing his dishes in the sink. “ I see thank you for testing this,” says Mke placing the rest of in the fridge.

 “I wonder what we should call it?” mutters Mari “ Maybe jelly?” offers Asher glancing at her. “ Maybe” she hums heading back to the counter. "Well thanks for trying it Starbub” 

Quest Completed 

Reward:100 Copper 2000xp, +595 GP with Mike and Mari and Access to the Bakery Kitchen

Just before Asher can make it out of the Cafe Mari waves him over.“here these should be useful in your travels" she says handing him two scrolls.

Item Acquired; letter of recommendation

“Oh wait you can also have a copy of this recipe,” she says, noticing a third recipe sitting on the counter.

Item Acquired: strawberry Jelly

" Thank you," he says, placing the scrolls in his inventory. ‘I wonder what it’s for” he thinks looking at the letter on his way out. Once outside he makes his way to the general store. 

Making his way inside “ um was there something you needed?” he asks seeing the store owner. “ yes I was wondering if you’d be willing to deliver something for me?.” Asks the store owner. 

Quest Activated: toting cargo

Reward: ??+511GP with the store owner

Would you like to accept this quest

Yes | No

“ Okay what do you need me to deliver and where to ?” asks Asher. “ I need you to give this to Leno” 

Item Acquired: Mystery Vile

“ ah okay leave it to me,” Asher says making his leaving the store. ‘Hmm I wonder what it is ’ he thinks as he leaves the store he heads down to the town hall. Checking inside he sees Leno busy with paperwork 

Knocking on Leno’s desk he gains his attention “ Here Leno the general store owner asked me to bring it to you.” “Rick did?” Leno says staring at the vile. “Rick? Um Melody’s dad?”. “ yea that’s Rick okay thanks here take this back to him, By the way when you have a chance will you come to see me later?” says Leno handing Asher a small bag 

Item Acquired: Small Bag of Holding a small spatial item that can hold small items.

“OkayI’ll come by later,” says Asher placing the bag of holding in his inventory.

Making his way back to the general store. “Welcome back did you get the payment?” “yes I did here,” says Asher handing Rick the bag. “Yep exactly what we agreed upon,” Rick says with a nod.

Quest Completed 

Reward: 1000XP 200copper 511GP with the store owner

“I had these just sitting around Thought you might like one” Rick says holding out four jewel-tone tickets. Nodding Asher takes one "Thank you."

Item Acquired: Sapphire cave ticket

8