Ch 15
191 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'Looks like there's another hour until dawn'  he thinks as he stops to search a field for Ansis. Finding a patch he begins collecting thirty flowers and twenty seeds.Sliding them in his inventory he checks to see if he sees any of the other herbs he'll need. Spotting a few valerian stems he quickly gathered enough to make a few Blue mist and red mist potions before he continued on his way.

  Resting at the gate of old man Steven's he begins to open all of his potion and cooking recipes while watching the sun rise. Once the sun rises he makes his way to the front door of the house. knocking at the door he waits a few minutes for the door to open. " Excuse me, are you old man Steven?" he asks upon seeing and elderly old man with a slight hunch to his back.  

" If I am?" the old man asks. "I was wondering If I could buy a few things from you." answers Asher. " I see  it costs ten copper a bushel " states the old man squinting at Asher. " alright then I'd like to buy one bushel of strawberries, a bag of flour, three gallons of milk, and one dozen eggs." says Asher with a nod

. " That'll be forty five copper " says Steven holding out his hand. passing him the copper Asher takes the baskets to the field. activating the {gatherer skill} he quickly makes his way through the row of strawberries.  

creeping toward the coup he watches as the cockarice make they're way out the flap at the far end of the coup. sneaking into the coup he quickly makes his way to the nests. 

Peeking into the nests he spots four eggs in each nest.  quickly pulling three from each nest he rushes out of the coup. making his way to the barn. He sees a sign on the door. 

cloats for sale please talk to Steven to place an order. ' Huh so he sells them' he thinks tugging on the barn door. Once inside he grabs a bucket and begins milking the closet Cloat. After collecting his three gallons Asher heads into town.  

Asher makes a beeline to Mari and Mike's bakery. opening the door he is greeted by the sight of Mike at the front counter. " hey Mike do you mind if I borrow your kitchen?" " not at all." says Mike, waving  Asher away. 

Making his way into the kitchen he heads for the cutting board while pulling out the strawberry cake recipe. 'I should have gotten sugar' he thinks while cutting up the berries.  Pulling out his large bowl he mixes together three cups of flour and six eggs. Pouring the mixture into two three inch cake pans Asher moves to warm the oven and sets the timer for three minutes.

While waiting on the oven Asher begins to chop six potatoes and four carrots.  While washing his vegetables he fills his copper pot and places it on the stove. Taking the vegetables he pours half into the pot and places the rest in his inventory. Moving to the back of the bakery he cleans and fillets three small trouts.  

Bring in the fish fillets Asher waits until the vegetables boil before adding them to the pot. 'oh no I forgot the garlic'  he thinks rushing back to the cutting board.  mincing half a  garlic clove he quickly adds it to the pot. Making his way to the front Asher waves Mike over " do you mind if I borrow some sugar?" " not if you trade some of what your cooking" "alright where is your sugar "  Asher says making his way back into the kitchen. 

" It's in the large white canister by the mixer" Mike calls after him. Making his way to the jar Asher removes a fourth cup of sugar.  Pouring the sugar into the bowl with the strawberries Asher begins to mix them.  After mixing the strawberries Asher moves the cake pans into the oven. 

setting the timer Asher makes his way back to the counter pulling out another Mixing bowl. pouring a cup of milk into the bowl he adds a spoon of sugar.  Quickly stirring the bowl he whips the milk into whip cream then sits it in the frig. 

cleaning the bowl left from the cake Asher cracks two eggs into it then adds three cups of flour and a half cup of sugar. mixing them together he pulls out a cookie sheet. 

quickly rolling the dough into balls he begins to place them on the sheet before adding them into the oven.  pulling a plate from his inventory.  moving to the stove he begins to check the stew. taking a sift he begins to skim off foam to make it clear.  

Checking the cake he sees that the cookies are a golden brown. pulling the sheet out he places them on the plate before placing more cookies on the sheet.  putting the sheet back into the oven he takes a tablespoon of sugar and gently shakes it over the cookies leaving a light dusting on them.

" Yuki, you can have one when they cool," he says, watching Yuki trying to sneak closer to the plate. Huffing Yuki moves back to Asher's shoulder. patting Yuki on the back Asher checks the stew using his Taseting skill. ' almost done ' he thinks, searching his inventory for travel bowls. 

pulling out a set of six travel bowls and a ladle he begins to plate the soup.  ' looks like it's d ranked' he thinks shrugging, placing the travel bowls in his inventory he makes his way back to the front counter.

" Do you have bowls that I can put your share of the stew in?"  he asks, seeing Mari make her way in. " Sure we have take out containers but what stew are you talking about?" " I asked Mike to borrow some sugar and he said that I could in exchange for some of my food"  Explains Asher with a shrug . 

" I see well what did you make?" “ I’m making the trout stew you taught me,,  strawberry cake, and sugar cookies.” " I see"

Moving back into the kitchen he checks the cakes. Pulling them out he places each of them on plates before pulling out the baking sheet from the oven and placing these cookies on the plate with the other cookies and covering them with a light coating of sugar.

Cutting the cakes in half horizontally he places a layer of strawberries and sugar on the bottom half before adding a layer of whipped cream. placing the top half of the cake over the layer of whipped cream he decorates it with whipped cream and strawberries. 

Turning to the second cake he repeats the process making two Strawberry cakes.Moving to the far side of the bakery he removes two cake boxes from the shelve and begins to package both cakes. Carrying the take out container to the front he hands them off to  Mari.

 " Here's  the stew, cake, and  Did you want some of the sugar cookies?"  " No this is good."  Nodding he makes his way back into the kitchen and begins wiping down the counters and cleaning the dishes. 'oh wow I still have cookie dough' he thinks while picking up the bowl.

 pulling the dough from the bowl he flattens it into the base of the baking sheet.  placing it in the oven he makes his way back to the counter and begins separating the sugar cookies that have called into containers.

" Here Yuki you can have these they're hot so be careful" he says, placing a plate with extra small cookies on the counter. placing the others in his inventory he watches as Yuki swarms the plate. Chuckling  he moves to check the oven. seeing that the cookie is cooking unevenly he takes the sheet and rotates it.

 " Mari, your oven isn’t cooking evenly" he calls, moving to the door. " yeah we know you'll just have to keep an eye on what you put in it." says Mike walking in from the back. " ah okay well a little heads up would of been appreciated"  says Asher moving back to the oven

Checking the color of the cookie he sees that it is now golden brown on both sides. pulling it out he takes his cooking knife and begins to carve small squares from it. placing the squares in a takeout container he writes Yuki's name on it before placing it in his inventory. 

Moving to the front  counter " hey how much for a cake box and three takeout containers?" "five copper a peice" handing Mari the copper Asher heads out the door of the bakery.  Leaving the Bakery he makes his way through town to the general store.

7