Ch18
166 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Sarria We were starting to worry." “sorry “ holding out the basket she shuffles toward them. “Well, at least you made it back safely,” they say, taking the basket with a smile. “Thanks to they’re help I’am, “ she says, waving Asher over.

Quest complete 

Reward: 100copper 400XP +50Gp with Sarria and her parents

“What do you mean thanks to them?” “um I might have run into a bit of trouble” she explains not meet their eyes. “I see ... thank you for helping her,” they say turning to him “glad I could help.” he says waving away they’re thanks. Shacking their heads they wave Asher into their home. “ would you like to stay for dinner?” “ Sure.” following them inside he’s greeted by the sight of a whole chicken dinner.

“ Sarria go and get the chair from the back .” “Alright mama “ rushing quickly threw the door opposite the one they just came in Sarria brings back a wooden chair and places it in front of the fourth plate on the table. 

Watching them take places at the table Asher makes his way over. 

“so what kinda trouble did you get into out there?” “I might have run into a Boar...” shrugging Sarria tells her parents about being chased threw the forest by a boar and how Asher helped her from the tree.

 

Shaking his head he watches her arms way threw the air slinging mash potatoes everywhere in while emphasizing how far she was chased. “ and on our way here we ran into a group of will o’ wisps. And he and that little fella of his fought them off.” jabbing a finger toward Aher and Yuki. 

“So that’s why you took so long huh,” her mom asks, earning a nod from all three of them. “ thank you for helping her” reaching into her apron pocket Sarria’s mom passes Asher a small package. 

Item Type: Silk Jade Rice seed package seed of the Jade rice plant can be used to grow more or for food.

“Here take these as our thanks” “thank you but I don’t know how to plant them” “ well if you come around tomorrow morning I’ll show you” “ okay thank you then I’ll see you in the morning “ beating a hasty retreat Asher begins making his way toward the campsite.

Sitting across fro a campfire Asher brings up his map ‘hmm I wonder if I used any other maps’ opening his inventory he sees that three maps are missing. Nodding he checks the time ‘ hmm I should hunt a bit.’ closing his inventory he begins to make his way into the forest.

Weaving threw the trees he notices the wind shift. Rounding a tree he’s greeted by a barrage of wind blades. Summoning his barrier he blocks them. “ Yuki mind checking that out?” nodding Yuki takes off threw the branches of the tree he’s leaning on. 

 Following Yuki’s trajectory, Asher calls forth a shield as wind blades approach him. Waving threw the trees Yuki notices a small group of will o’ wisps. Watching them send wind blades toward Asher Yuki begins to rainwater needles on them earning a barrage of wind blades circling the tree. 

He sends another storm of water needles obliterating the-wisps. Weaving threw the trees Asher watches the wisps blink out of existence. Hearing the leaves rustle Asher looks up and catches sight of a leaf’s darting toward Yuki. Racing to Yuki’s side Asher calls forth his shield blocking the wind tendrils on sought. 

 Twisting towards the wisp tendrils Yuki pelts it with water needles ducking behind Asher’s shield wind it fires wind blades at him. Shuffling toward the tendril Asher and Yuki begin to press for the offense raining down water needles forcing it into retreating. Flinging a barrage of wind blades the wisps tendril weaves threw the trees traveling further into the woods. Seeing it slip behind the trees Yuki gives chase firing off a jet stream obliterating the closest tree. “Careful where you aim” giving chase Asher watches as Yuki razes the-wisp tendril down obliterating its health. Shaking his head he passes Yuki a cookie when he lands on his shoulder. “well at least you didn’t kill any more trees lets get back to town" turning Asher makes his way back to Linrix. 

 Walking along the path that cuts threw town. 'Looks like the general store is having a sale.' Making his way into the General store ' oh wow I thought that was only available outside of Orfil' he thinks quickly making his way over to a small amber slab in a glass display case. Rushing to the front desk he's greeted by a short plump salamander male. "Excuse me how much for the amber plate?" " oh that's not on sale but I can tell you where I got it made," says the cashier shrugging as Asher points at the display. "You can have them made?" "Yes actually there's a black Smith who makes them " " oh really would you mind telling me about him?" "I'll tell you in exchange for a favor" "what kind of favor?" "Nothing too bad just a delivery"

Quest Acquired a small favor

Reward???+25GP

Would you like to accept?

Yes / No

"Sure what am I delivering?"

"Oh just this" passing Asher a bag of holding. "Okay, where is it going?" "To Luke, he lives on the small farm on the edge of town." "Okay. Leave it to me" nodding Asher makes his way to the edge of town. creeping along the edge of town Asher finds that the only farm near the town is Sattia’s. Checking the time he heads toward her house. Making it to the front gate he sees Sarria’s mom on the porch.

 “Hey is your husband named luke?” “yes why?””I see... do you know where I can find him.” “he’s outback in the field.” she points over her shoulder. Nodding Asher begins to make his way to the back of the house. Heading into the field he spots Luke measuring the growth of the plants.

“I was asked to bring you this?” making his way to luke Asher gains his attention. “Huh who could of sent me something?” “ This is from the guy working the counter at the general store.” Says Asher  as he passes Luke the bag. “ the general stor-- oh from Scott what’d he send?” 

 

Reaching to take the bag Luke glances in it nodding he makes a beeline for the house.

“Before you head back I have something for him.” holding out a small bag. Taking the bag with a nod Asher turns to leave. “ Remember to come back when you're done.”

 Nodding Asher weaves threw the plants on his way to the front door; Making his way back to the general store “ Oh your back so soon?” “ Yes and Luke sent this” Asher says, handing him he bag. “Alright thank you” checking the bag Scott places it on the counter. 

Quest complete 

Reward: 200 XP 100Copper +25Gp with Scott

“Well, you actually did it guess I should keep my end... I got this made by a traveling blacksmith in Klix named Andrew.” He finally says Pulling the amber plate from the case. “Traveling Blacksmith?” “yea he’s known to travel from Klix all the way to Onrxy to gather materials supposedly he travels in a wagon.” “I see...” nodding Asher heads back to Sarria’s. Spotting Luke on the porch he heads straight to him.“I get the feeling you know nothing about planting,” Luke says watching Asher make his way over. “You’d be right” “all right follow me.“ Taking out a small package Luke begins showing Asher the different depths seeds need to be planted. "You gain better quality from how well you treat them. Jade rice is a mid grade rice plant that needs treated water when planted. Since its a mid grade seed the ingredients from it start out mid grade." He explains leading Asher to a small field. 

Pointing into the field "this is our silk jade rice field. As you can see the water level is low. Rice grows well under a layer of water but grows even better when the water is treated and in some cases they need to be grown in treated water." "Treated water.?" "Treated water is water infused with pills or potions the type depends on the plant. Jade rice requires water treated with either blue mist potions or pills." Nodding Asher begins mimicking Luke. 

Noticing that where he was planting is crooked and filling the path used to separate the rows Asher asks “Why do the seeds that I planted look off?” “ how high is your Int stat at?” “Um, it's at eighteen why?” “ your Int stat affects you perssion” “what else does int effect?” “ It affects how much exp you gain from each skill use” explains Luke while watering the crops. “ I see, is there anything else I need to do?” “Thats it tho you might want to take this” says look passing Asher a slip of paper.

9