Book One: Inheritance. Segment 5: Crazy Antics part 1
142 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Judith thought to practice with the shield first, it has been programmed into himself to hold and practice with the shield day and night. Reexamining the shield, he was able to see all the details, it looked like the two trees were twisted into an infinity symbol one being white and the other being black, the symbol was folded in on itself as well creating a round shield of about the size 3 feet in diameter. “Wow this shield is so light, I think I can hold this thing all day long without even breaking a sweat. No wonder why the family practices with such a heavy shield so when they get a good one, they will then explode with endurance and speed amazing.” Judith thought. Judith suddenly realized that the shield had a strap along with it to allow the user to sling it across their body. “Shield down, I have to thank father once again for grandfathers shield. I can sense the healing properties hidden inside, doesn’t feel like it has too much power left, I shouldn’t use it without thought.”

Judith looked over to White Howler, the pristine white sword had flakes of purple scattered throughout the blade giving a chilly disposition, almost surreal, Judith thought that it must have been the soul of the harpy which gave the creepy aura. Having lifted the blade up, Judith was able to tell that the blade only weighs a couple of pounds, still lighter than the practice sword he had been using. Judith practices a couple of swings, conducting chops, sweeps and stabs to gain a basic familiarity about White Howler. Judith wanted to know if he was able to activate the ability of White Howler. He overlooked what the notes said about how to activate the sword “I am supposed to drop my blood on the sword first to tune it to myself and become its master. Following then I am to use my manna and say the word phase Banshee Cry and it should activate the ability. Okay here goes.” Judith thought. Judith then pricked his finger to drop his blood onto the sword, once the blood touched the sword Judith felt as if he had an additional arm or rather an extension to himself. “How amazing I can feel the sword, it’s as if my arm, I wonder how far away I can feel it.” Judith pondered. Judith walked away from the sword and was able to determine that he was able to sense the sword up to ten feet away.

Judith then said “Banshee Cry” he felt as if awhirl pool was created at the handle of the White Howler sucking up all his manna. Judith was getting light headed, almost to the point of fainting, “I must hold on, I want to see this ability” Judith whispered. As if the sword heard his will, a creepy sound began to vibrate out of the blade of White Howler. The power built up along the sword filling up with manna, once filled it could be release. The surrounding temperature was starting to drop, and a chill could be felt. As the manna gathered, the purple markings on White Howler became fully lit purple runes filling up getting ready to explode forth with its first scream. Judith was getting weak, he did not know that the sword was going to drain so much manna from his body; he could barely withstand the rapid suction of manna transpiring within his body. “I must withstand this, only a little bit more, I want to hear you howl White Howler. Is this what manna feels like, this energy flowing thru my body? I must keep standing… my eyes it is getting heavy… must stay awake.” Judith thought. Using all his energy Judith was finally able to release Banshee Cry.

A loud sonic boom was blasted from White Howler everything within fifteen feet was blasted away from Judith all being crushed into the walls, his bed is a mess, the chair and desk are damaged. A cold horrific sound could be heard resonating from White Howler, the pitch was increasing and could be felt in the very depths of the souls. The sound affected the soul slowly paralyzing the victims who hear this deathly sound making them unable to function for a few seconds. As quick as the death wail came into fruition it dissipated just as quick, returning the normal sounds of the night. Although the traces of deaths cold laughs could still be heard slowly fading away. Judith slumped over in complete exhaustion, all the manna he had was spent.

Thud… thud…

Sounds were heard coming up the stairs, “Judith… Judith are you okay what was that.” A yell could be heard. “Oh Judith, you activated White Howler, you must have used all the manna in your body and you passed out from manna exhaustion. Here let dad put you back in bed and sleep well, maybe from this extreme manna suction can be a blessing. No mage will be able to find you for a while for your manna is all gone. It should take your manna a long while to regenerate because you don’t have a proper method for absorbing and storing manna. Once you get to the lodge and get Flaming Empresses Imperial Will and start practicing it, things will change. Sleep well son.” Whispered Welden as he covered his son and put him to rest.

Judith was placed back into his bed from his father, entering a deep sleep. Judith’s father picked up his new sword and shield and set them beside the bed and left the room. Judith entered an entrancing deep sleep, where at first everything was in darkness until a small flame began to smolder, fighting to stay alive. Judith thought he could hear the young flame speaking. He sent his spiritual self closer to the flame to understand what it was saying.

“Feed me, feed me…. I am hungry” Judith thought to himself what he could feed the young flame, after pondering for a while, Judith thought “manna. I could feed the flame manna it should be able to become a flame, but how do I do that.” After a moment's time, Judith thought back to how it felt when the manna was flowing through his body when he used White Howler, if he was able to simulate the same feeling of manna moving through his body and then towards the flame he might be able to revive the flame he thought. Judith concentrated the best that he could; nothing, he couldn’t feel any manna within his body. How was he going to revive the flame without any manna? Instead of freaking out for he realized the flame was dying faster, he slowed down and calmly tried to reach out within himself to look for any manna. Time seemed to slip past quickly, yet nothing was able to be found, no manna was reacting within him. Judith could not take having any manna and let the young flame die. He knew within himself that this flame that he made first contact with within that black box was something special; he did not want to lose it. If there is no manna within him, maybe he could draw manna from the outside world he pondered. Judith thought that is how mages become powerful because they can draw manna from the outside world and replenish themselves to keep fighting and casting spells. “How do mages draw manna from the outside, is the outside manna similar to the manna inside my body?” Without even realizing it young Judith was beginning to take his first steps into becoming a mage, which is discovering manna and the accepting the flow of manna whether to take or give manna.

0