Segment 9: Shock
136 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Judith then left his room and headed downstairs and entered the mess hall. There before Judith was Nolan making brunch “Go sit down, I figured you would be waking up soon, here drink this it will help wake you up.” Said Nolan.

“Nolan, man I feel tired, how long was I out for, I feel like it has been awhile.” Asked Judith.

Nolan nervously laughed “Yes young lord please forgive me, I had exposed you to the Irka mushroom which put you under a heavy sleep; you slept for close to fifteen days straight.” Said Nolan.

Surprise could be seen on Judith’s face “fif..fift…fifteen…days are you kidding me Nolan, you put me under for a half a month?” Blurted Judith.

“I am so sorry my lord, it was dangerous fleeing your family home, and your father told me to put you down in case if you tried to do something.” Nolan was bowing down and apologizing to his young lord. “I know why your father requested me to do such a thing.” Shaking Nolan started to tear up.

Noting Nolan’s body language. “Nolan what has happen… tell me are my parents still okay and the family are they still all okay?” Without a quick response worry filled Judith to the point of losing control. “Nolan.. NOLAN… tell me what has happen in the last fifteen days while I slept.” Demanded Judith.

Nolan broke down and began to tell his young lord what has transpired over the last two weeks while he slept. “Judith, a few days after we left, those mages brought their higher ups, your father refused again, which pissed them off and they were plotting on how to get a hold of you, when the top four mage towers of Pilrim joined hands with those three 2nd rate towers. They all attack your family's home for disobeying the law for not giving up any and all magically adapt children to a mage tower within the borders of Pilrim. They broke that law normally speaking they wouldn’t really care, but your test results were so extraordinary it drew the attention of the top four mage towers of Pilrim, they had to have you. But your father instead fought off one of their level seven mages until the time when the other six tower elders joined in and killed your father similar to your ancestor. We assume your mother passed away also, majority of all your family member were wiped out all staff were killed also everything was destroyed to make an example of the Ruby-fiend family; we have to change your name.” Said Nolan apologetically bowing his head in shame.

“What…" Judith's face became pale. "They have all died.” Despair took root in the heart of the young lord. “My family they are all gone…" Judith began stuttering. "Gone… they are all gone… no one is alive… how do you know all this Nolan?” Asked Judith. Looking at Nolan with moisten eyes Judith couldn’t stop from beginning to crying, emotion filled every fiber in his body. Waiting for a response Judith began to feel anger; he wanted to do something now.

“Young Master, I think your father knew something like this was going to happen, you never even took the third test and those mages were filled with greed at your amazing potential, if one of them brought you to their tower you would have made them very well off. You should know the rules of our country Pilrim, you were an able trainable mage and your family refused so the country made an example of them. I received a magic letter with the details and images of your father being beheaded and I am assuming your mother died as well, mean while everyone else at the home including both staff and family were all killed to make an example for people who don’t listen to rules of the land.” Said Nolan.

“Who beheaded my father I will kill them all…” Fury built up inside Judith.

“Judith, relax… you are no match for those people… four level seven mages and three level six mages… Judith I have tended to you since birth. I am in agreement with your father and mother wishes. I will help train you and take revenge for our family.” Said Nolan; with determination and emotions as he held himself up without further breaking down in front of his young master. “I have been a part of your Ruby-fiend family since I was a boy when I saved your father from nearly drowning in the lake. From then on, I have been your fathers’ best friend and most trusted ally. He has trusted me with both your father's and mother's last will and their dreams all of which I will do my best to fulfill.” Stated Nolan. Nolan reached for Judith to bring the young man into his arms and hold him and let him grieve for his family.

Judith just let all his emotions go, giving in and receiving the support of his father’s friend Nolan, after an hour of grieving hard, Judith finally broke free of his grieving and anger. “Thank you so much Nolan for being here for me… I will grant my parents their dream… Nolan I am going to my room for a while, I am going to study my family’s art to see if I can begin practicing the Flaming Empresses Imperial Will.” Stated Judith.

Nolan nodded; Judith left the mess hall and went upstairs towards his room. Upon entering his room, he went to his desk and pulled out the tome which held his family scared knight art Flaming Empresses Imperial Will. The tome was well preserved for only being a couple hundred years old; Judith opened the black and red book with an elephant on the cover entitled ‘Flaming Empresses Imperial Will’.

Judith opened the book and note was on the first page from his father.

Judith my son, I love you. If you are reading this it means you must have woken up and a couple weeks have gone past and I am most likely dead. I know you are sad and angry and want to extract vengeance, but you are too weak currently. I am proud of you and if you continue to work hard, you will be able to avenge us all. Judith let me explain the naming of our families art to you. As you know the Ruby Flame elephant, is where our family derived a section of our family name from, giving honor to the beast that gives us our power.  The Ruby Flame elephants are a matriarchy species, their females are the ones in power, and the males are just used for breeding proposes. Although I recall grandfather speaking about a rare shaman male type Ruby Flame elephant which stands about an equal to the main matriarch, he nor anyone in our family has seen one before though.  Once your foundations are completed and are able to go out and seek a Ruby Flame elephant, to join into your soul. You should seek out a dying female preferably, their souls are stronger than a younger female. As are they more willing to join and merge with you for they are dying and in a sense they get to live longer. Hopefully you do not have to resort to having to kill a female to join with your soul, but if you are unable to find one dying, you may have to seek one out to fight. They travel in herds thus it is really difficult to do that. When one nears death they remove themselves from the herd, but the herd is nearby and they mourn the lost of the dying, keep a ear out. Nolan knows all of this and he will most likely remind of these important matter as well, I just felt it was my duty to tell you. I am sorry I am not going to be able to witness your success or to be able to help you merge and give pointers to you as you grow up. If there are no females, the worst case scenario would be to find a male, which normally travel alone, unless it is still young then it travels with the herd, but they are weak, and if it is alone that means it will seek out a herd of its own, so follow it to find other female Ruby Flame elephants. Remember your training only through repetition and hard work will you succeed. Your mother went another way from me, she also mostly died, but there is a small chance of her surviving.  Seek out our families heritage, due to your mage talents you will be able to learn everything. I have told you everything. I love you Judith. I know you will succeed one day.

Judith broke down once again as he reread his father's words, longing to be near his parents once again. Taking his fathers advice, Judith once again turned to the tome.

Judith  thus began reading the tome. Stage zero Becoming the Elephant, the first segment of the family art required the user to build a strong foundation becoming like the elephant itself. Then the user is to capture and house the soul and spirit of an elephant to then truly use the family's arts. Only upon building the foundations can someone reach the top. First thing first was the user had to gather the natural energies of the world into their body, because this art was designed using the Ruby Flame elephant the primary choice of fire energy was needed. Due to Judith’s experiences in the dream state from over drawing his manna and his additional experiences with using his own flame soul he can practice this art.

0