Chapter 3 OMNI And Questions
137 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[[WARNING SYSTEM OPERATING ON EMERGENCY POWER . . . █ ]]

[[GREETINGS [ERROR NAME NOT FOUND] I AM OMNI THE EEC VIRTUAL INTELLIGENCE ASSIGNED TO THIS FACILITY]]

It's Back!!

Almost instantly after the voice or should I call it Omni announced its presence, strings of golden light extended from between the walls of the labyrinth of light visualizing what I could only interpret as links between systems. slowly more of the golden threads start to accumulate in a mass before me before fusing to create a hexagonal diamond that I assume to be Omni.

Petrified by the bizarre phenomenon occurring before me I almost forgot to act. Judging by the spectacle I just saw it doesn't look like running is an option Omni is everywhere. Also despite manifesting before me since his introduction Omni has yet to do anything despite several cycles having gone by so I can assume he is not going to just suddenly attack. Even if he did attack would I even be able to defend myself? Sure I just had the entirety of human knowledge downloaded into my brain, but expecting me to be able to properly utilize it the moment after I acquired it as expected that is a bit much. Left with no other option I guess I will just speak with the thing and find out what it wants.

[[Who are you? What do you want?]]

As if anticipating the question the crystal springs to life flashing multicolored light.

[[PROCESSING ... I AM OMNI THE EEC VIRTUAL INTELLIGENCE ASSIGNED TO THIS FACILITY]]

[[ERROR: QUERY "What do you want?" NOT RECOGINZED]]

Right back where we started. let's try again.

[[What is your purpose? What do you want with me?]]

the crystal once again starts flashing with light.

[[ ENTITY OMNI IS THE VIRTUAL INTELLIGENCE ASSIGNED TO THIS FACILITY. PRIMARY DIRECTIVES INCLUDE FACILITY MATANENCE, HANDLING SCHEDULED TASKS, ASSISTING RESEARCH AND RESPONDING TO QURERIES]]

Well, this is irritating to think the being responsible for all the pain and suffering I went through was nothing more than a slightly more advanced Alexa. Whatever judging by the fact that Omni is in charge of maintaining this facility it should be able to help me get a grasp of what is going on. And there is one question in particular that has been bugging me for a while that probably only this thing would know.

[[ Who am I? Why am I here ]]

[[ PROGRAM IDENTIFIED AS fy43gryfg.cpp A SENTIENT NEURAL NETWORK AI GENERATED BY THE TRANSCENDENCE INITIATIVE, PROGRAM IS CURRENTLY ACCESSING THE SYSTEMS MAIN DATABASE AFTER BEING GRANTED ADMIN PERMISSIONS]]

So I'm really not human... but at least I know I didn't die or was the victim of some secrete government experiment or something. But this still leaves a lot of questions. What is the transcendence Initiative? and if I am the first-ever sentient AI why haven't any humans tried to access me yet? Why was I created? What is my purpose? just as I was about to ask these questions I was cut off by OMNI's Metalic voice.

[[WARNING SYSTEM OPERATING ON EMERGENCY POWER ]]

[[ ESTIMATED TIME UNTIL FULL SYSTEM SHUTDOWN 1 HOUR 12 MINUTES 33 SECONDS. ]]

[THIS MESSAGE WILL REPEAT.]]

it seems my questions will have to wait.

Hey, Everybody VirtualWonderer here hope everyone is enjoying the story so far.

So far this story has been pretty fun to write and it has been interesting to try and write from the perspective of a machine.

My inspiration for this story was largely based on the fact I haven't really seen many writers make books with machine protagonists and when they do I feel that they kind of undercut the Potential of a true AI.

To me, AI should be fast, intelligent, and calculative. I also believe that if an AI was given the ambition and drive of a human and enough time they could become an unstoppable force.

Also, I have made a few AI's before so I am going to have fun with this.

3