Episode 2 – Her Death 2 ‘Threatened her Life’
146 6 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Episode 2 - Her Death 2 'Threatened her Life'

 

'Where are you Yuria?'

The girl searched high and low for her friend through the hot sunny weather she always thought of as disgusting. There was nothing worse for her than sweating and dirtying her body, but because of the old lady’s words, she became anxious and worried, completely disregarding her love for cleanness.

‘Crap!’

Feeling the urge to cuss for the first time since being born, all because she couldn’t find Yuria. All their usual spots, she covered that up within 30 minutes of running around. Even then, it had been 4 hours since leaving the cafe, but there was still no sign of Yuria. 

This was the town where they both first met at the age of 13. A town she coincidentally discovered after wandering around for a day. An unknown small town that was 1 hour away from the city she lived in. A completely different world compared to the hectic city that she lived in.

“Did you hear the news?”

An old lady with completely bleak white hair talked to her customer at the local grocery market. Thinking nothing of such gossip, she turned around to again go over to the spots she already covered, but paused in her step when the old lady finished speaking. 

“An old man tried to take his own life by jumping over the train track, but failed. He is still on the track threatening to attempt to take his own life! There are many people trying to help but because the old man is still struggling, all the trains are being delayed by almost 4 hours now! ”

Right… Train.. Why didn’t she think of that!

Hunching over to catch her breath, she took a deep breath in and a deep breath out before dashing to the train station. It was the only place she didn’t go check! 

Please… be there..

It was close to evening yet the sun was still blazing showing off it’s capabilities of warming the earth. House after house, empty roads after empty roads, yet even though the train station was only 10 minutes away in distance, it felt like it has been an eternity. The slow pace-countryside scenery she passed by normally felt calm and peaceful to live in, yet right now the emptiness and quietness was slowly killing her. 

What was this unsettling feeling of unease and unrest? Normally one would not run with such speeds when passing by the elderlys, but what can she do! If she kept her manners, it might be too late for anything at all!  

Turning around at the corner, she froze. It was as if someone from above had heard her calls to find Yuria. Yet why… Why was it that the people from above did not hear her calls pleading for Yuria to be safe and sound. Why.. Was there a knife pointed towards the nape of the person she cherished the most in this whole entire world? 

 

As if her heart was being gouged out by someone, she slowly walked towards the crowd of people. Her weight feeling heavier with each steps. Pushing away the elders to the side one by one, getting through, towards her sunlight. Why was she there? Why? More and more questions popped up in her mind, as her breathings got heavier. Why?

“That man has been holding onto her for almost 20 minutes now!! Isn't he from this town? Why is he doing something so embarrassing!”  A voice of an anxious lady shouted, seeming to be talking to someone on her phone.

'Embarrassing?'

"Please let her go!!" A familiar anxious teenage voice was heard speaking from up front. Who, she didn't care.

"Woah.. miss! Stop pushing!"

Pushing through crowds of people to stand at front, displeasure of the current situation deepening. It turns out it wasn't an old man but rather a middle aged man with severe white hair, bald spots showing this man living his life in stress. Judging by the dirtied suit he was wearing, he should be working in the salaryman industry. One of the most stressful workforce to work at. 

"Stop coming over or I will kill both the girl and myself!"

The dirtied man shouted, waving his cutter towards the 2 teenage boys and a middle aged man approaching him, and as if three threats didn't work, pointed it back towards the young lady.

"The police should have arrested him and taken him back with them! Why did they just let him go just because he apologized! Look what happened now!" A distressed voice screamed out.

'If only I got here earlier'

Thinking nothing of the threat that man made, she walked towards Yuria and the guy, approaching them by the side. But the crowd, having noticed another young lady walking in, shouted out for her to leave, alarming the perpeter and the group of 3 trying to help ease the situation.

"You! What do you think you're doing!! Do you want her to die?" The old man screamed at her, digging the cutter into her neck, threatening to take action if she came any closer. Making her freeze in her step.

'Right… was she out of her mind?'

"Yujin..."

Yuria called out speechlessly. Yujin, the name of the person who sat on the opposite side of the distressed crying girl at the cafe. The person with low emotional intelligence. 

"YUJIN!!" The girl being held screamed. All this while, she never felt fear, but now, seeing her most important person, fear suddenly overcame her, her whole body shaking, big drops of tears falling down from her already very red eyes. 

"I'm sorry okay! I'm sorry! I was wrong!" Yuria struggled to get out of the man's hold, not caring if she was going to get stabbed. All she wanted to do right now was apologize. Although Yujin was in the wrong, Yuria herself was also at fault! If this really was going to be the last time, she has to apologize!

Hearing Yuria calling out to her was enough to give Yujin another blow to her mind. It was her, that was sorry! Why is she apologizing! Bowing down, clutching her knees, she realised, she at some point stopped breathing completely due to anxiety. It was as if someone was choking her, tightening her throat, crushing her lungs. 

"You what do you think you're doing!"

The man screamed, his cutter slashing a tiny bit of her nape, making everyone in the crowd panic even more. Shouts and screams thrown at the group in front for them to do something. Some really old ladies even fainted, seeing 1 drop of blood trickling down the young lady's throat. Hearing such anxiety screams completely woke Yujin up from breaking down at the worst possible timing.

"Yujin" A familiar male voice shouted, drawing her attention towards the voice. 


Sorry.. Had to update because me love depressing things tsk tsk


 

Patrons of June 2020

Franklin W, Salida, ExcoristBirb,  Alexander A.

Thank you so much for

subscribing to my Patreon & feeding me!

It really means a lot!

 

 

2