Chapter 01 – Enlisting
9k 33 110
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

16778d55d9c1f6df664309277418.jpg


...

...

...

After a couple more years, inside Harvey's residence..

Harvey is now graduated from high school and he's planning to enlist in the military. Together with his parents, are eating dinner and he is about to discuss the plans for his future.

"Mom, Dad, I'm now enlisting in the military tomorrow. This is my final decision. " Harvey spoke and continued eating. His dad and mother look at him with expected faces.

" You're really going for it huh? Ever since you've been with Grandpa Alex, you're really wanted to be in the military as well. You aren't like this before. You just play around computer games and doze off." Clara said to Harvey in a questionable tone.

"Come on dear. It's not like Harvey didn't just want to enlist just to shoot guns you know? I think there's a better reason for that." Danny said to Clara.

" Tell me, Harvey, what's the real reason why you've decided to join the military? " Danny said to Harvey with an intrigued face.

Harvey stopped eating and laid down his utensils. He then looked at them with a smile and said:

" It's because I'm tired of being a bitch, dad. "

Then silence for a couple of seconds.

"Bwahahaha! Oh, man. That's a good one right there." Danny laughed contently and coughs.

"Well, at least you considered yourself a bitch." Clara said as she sips tea.

"Mom!" Harvey spoke.

...

...

...

Next morning.

Harvey woke up to prepare for his enlistment. As he scrambles through his important things, he sees the Browning Hi-Point pistol case which Granpa Alex gave him when he was in the countryside. He then remembers the first time he wanted to join the military to become a Special Forces operator just like his Grandpa Alex. This made him pumped up. But, he also feels sadness because just a few months earlier, his grandfather - Alex, passed away.

" Grandpa, I hope that I will be like you someday. "

As he finished inspecting the pistol, he closed the pistol box with a content smile and hid it under his bed. He then walks outside of his room and bids goodbye to his parents.

" Bye, mom. " Harvey kissed his mom's cheeks.

" Be careful out there sweetheart. " Clara replied.

" Go get 'em bud. " his father pats Harvey's back as Harvey makes his way outside of the house.

" I'll be, dad. I'll be. " Harvey said with a smile.

After leaving the house, he then makes his way to the military recruitment office.

...

...

...

Military Recruitment Office.

Harvey arrived at the recruitment office. There, he speaks with the recruitment officer.

" There, take a seat. " the recruiter said to Harvey.

" Yes sir. "

The two then sit, the recruiter by the table, while Harvey is on the opposite side of it.

" Alright. So, we will begin the interview. "

" Yes sir. "

...

...

...

After an hour....

After the brief interview, the recruiter orders Harvey to take the military test, which Harvey obliged.

" Just take the room second to the right of the hallway. That's where you will take the test. "

" Understood sir. "

...

...

...

After a couple of hours....

Harvey is done with the test and the results came to his recruiter. As his recruiter checks his test paper, he is amazed by the high score Harvey got. The recruiter then asked Harvey why he wanted to join the military.

" It's because I wanted to become a Special Forces Operator. Especially the ones that specialize in saving lives " Harvey replied with a serious tone and face.

" Haha. So you are prepared to kill to save lives huh? But - " the recruiter then stands up and smiles.

" - there's no going back on this. Are you sure? "

Harvey then responds with determination.

" Sir, yes sir. "

The recruiter smiled and is now content with his answer. Therefore Harvey is now qualified in basic training.

...

...

...

Many months have passed...

After graduating from Air Force Basic Training to become an enlisted unit, he then quickly decides to undergo Pararescue Training to become a Pararescue Jumper.

After a couple more days, he and his fellow recruits will be graduating.

*pant* *pant*. More push and this will be over, right? " one of his recruit friends said to Harvey while marching through a side of a mountain with a heavy bag.

"*pant* Yeah. I can't wait to finish this.*pant* " Harvey exhaustingly replied.

But as Harvey continues on, he felt a tremendous headache.

"ARRGH!" he screamed in pain.

Then, he heard a female voice.

". . . HELP US . . . . "

"Wha-what? Argghh," said Harvey while still in pain.

" He-Hey! What's wrong?! " his fellow recruit asked him.

After Harvey heard the female voice, a fast flashback of medieval background events came rushing through his mind.

"Ahhh. Wha-what's happening?"

"ARRGH!"

He then lay on the ground, gasping for air. A couple of other recruits and friends then quickly gathered to Harvey to check what was happening.

" YOU ALRIGHT, BROTHER?! HANG ON WE WILL CALL THE AMBULANCE. " another recruit told him.

Harvey began losing strength and consciousness while hearing his fellow recruits telling him to hold on.

" Wh-why........is........this.................happening? " Harvey said in his mind after he totally loses consciousness.

As the ambulance came, the recruits and the nurse soldiers aided the unconscious Harvey on the stretcher, brought him into the ambulance, and rushed him to the military hospital. The nurses then put Harvey into the ICU, put the oxygen in, and checked his heart rate and breathing. But the doctor realized that his heart rate is decreasing.

" WE'RE LOSING HIM! " the doctor shouts as he began doing CPR and assessment.

But Harvey's heart rate kept on decreasing until a flatline resonates.

*beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep*

Harvey's heart monitor falls into a flatline continuously.

"Fuck! "as the doctor kept on doing CPR, but to no avail. 

The doctor stops for a while with disappointment on his face...

" ... "

The room remained silent.

" ... "

The doctor then gives a sad sigh and grabs his medical record. But, just before he announces the time of death, the heart monitor suddenly pitches back into a normal tone, indicating that Harvey is still alive.

This greatly shocked and at the same time, relieved, the nurses and the doctor.

...

...

...

Harvey's eyes flinched. He then slowly opens his eyes and starts to look around. But he is surprised as he sees are pure white empty void all around him.

"Wha-What is this place?" he asked himself while looking around.

He then remembers what happened and grabs his head remembering the massive headaches.

"Did I actually die? No way. That's just a dream I suppose. I need to go back to the barracks now an- " but before he finished talking, he saw a female angel, floating and smiling behind him at a distance.

Bewildered and shocked, he stared at her for a couple of seconds then asked..

"Who-who are you?"

The angel didn't answer. The angel kept on staring and smiling at him.

"Uhh....okay? " Harvey said awkwardly.

"THERE'S A REASON. " Harvey heard in his mind.

"What? Who's speaking? Is it you?" he asked the angel.

INDEED " the angel replied without moving her mouth.

"Wait. Oh, so you're talking telepathically. That's awesome. Going back to the topic, did I really die?"

"NO. THINE  BODY IS A DEEP SLUMBER. I BROUGHT THY LIFE BACK AFTER THEE ASCENDED. "

" Erh. I don't know what you've just said. But, why? What are you gonna do with me? I really hope that this is just a dream, to be honest. " Harvey asked.

"A LOST AND TURBULENT WORLD NEEDS THY HELP. "

"Wait what? Does somebody need my help? Erh, I'm sorry but I need to go back to my world. I'm sure there's a more suitable person than me. So, please. Can you bring me back?" Harvey asked.

"I APOLOGIZE. THOU CANNOT, FOR NOW. " the angel replied.

"What? What do you mean?"

HUMAN SOUL, IS VERY FRAGILE. ONE CAN NOT SIMPLY BRING THY SOUL BACK FROM THE DEAD. FOR THAT IT MAY BREAK, DESTROYING THE CYCLE OF LIFE. "

"Uhh, what? Is that a thing? "

INDEED. "

" Huh. Great. I guess I don't have a choice, haven't I? So, what will happen to me now? "

THOU, THINE SOUL, WILL REINCARNATE, TO EMBARK ON A JOURNEY AND NEW LIFE IN ANOTHER WORLDFOR THAT WORLD, HAD FORSAKEN MOST MORAL RULES, AND IS NOW ON THE VERGE OF COLLAPSE AND FALL. "

" I PLEASE OF YOU, YOUNG WARRIOR. SAVE THOSE WHO ARE IN NEED OF HELP. AND BRING JUSTICE UPON TO THOSE WHO'VE FORSAKEN."

In her last phrase, Harvey realizes it. It is also what his Grandpa Alex's said when he was young.

Harvey then thinks for a while.

...

"........I don't know where I will go. I don't know why you are doing this. And I don't know if this is really just a dream. But at least, how can I guarantee that you aren't just using me as a pawn? "

He looks up to the angel.

" . . . . . . FRUCHIEL . THAT IS ALL I CAN SAY. "

Silence envelops for a while

" ... "

Harvey then scratches his head, getting annoyed.

" ARRRGH! FINE! It's also not like I can do much anymore about this anyway. *sigh* What do I have to do? How can I do the job you want?"

" I UNDERSTAND THY GRIEF. BUT DON'T WORRY, YOUNG WARRIOR. THOU CAN GO BACK TO THY OWN WORLD. "

" WAIT REALLY? I can go back to my own world? If not now, then when? And how? "

" FATE AND DESTINY WILL TELL. "

" But what If I got killed in the process while I'm in another world?"

" THINE SOUL WILL BE NO MORE. RIGHT NOW, THINE SOUL IS VERY WEAK AND VERY FRAGILE. ONCE THOU HAVE DIED AGAIN, THINE  SOUL WILL BREAK AND WILL GO WITH THE WIND. I DEEPLY APOLOGIZE."

" Aw great. Not that my soul will be torn into shreds if I got resurrected back in my own world, even when I died in another world too? It makes me want to stay here and wait until my soul gets stronger. "

" HAHAHA. I LIKE YOUR WITS, YOUNG WARRIOR. BUT UNFORTUNATELY, THIS PLACE IS WHERE ALL THE SOULS ARE BEING KEPT TO BE JUDGED UPON. THOU CAN NOT REST THY SOUL HERE. "

" But, where are the souls and the other angels? All I see are pure white void, and you. "

" IT'S BECAUSE THEE DON'T HAVE THE EYES OF AN ANGEL, O' YOUNG WARRIOR. I JUST ALSO MADE MYSELF APPEAR TO THEE. "

" Oh, ok. So it means that I just recently came from here then? "

YES. WE'VE JUDGED THAT THEE HAVE STILL THE ENERGY, AND THE STRENGTH, TO CONTINUE ON. THINE  DEATH IN YOUR WORLD IS JUST A MERE ACCIDENT. JUST LIKE I SAID, HUMAN SOULS ARE VERY FRAGILE. SOMETIMES IT WILL BREAK ALL OF A SUDDEN. GIVEN ENOUGH TIME, THY SOUL STRENGTH WILL BECOME STRONGER AGAIN. "

" I-I see. And because my weak soul will be broken when I get resurrected back to my world, you guys will "reincarnate" me to another world to refresh and heal my soul? "

PRECISELY. "

"But, I'm just a simple and ordinary person. I don't have powers and whatnot."

"DON'T WORRY, YOUNG WARRIOR. I WILL BLESS THEE WITH POWERS. "

" What? What do you mean? "

The angel then smiles.

THOU WILL SEE. "

".........Ok. I will help. " Harvey said firmly.

The angel then laid her arms sideways and started casting a spell.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

ƬӨ ƬΉΣ ЩӨЯᄂD ӨП ЩΉIᄃΉ ƬΉΣΣ ЩIᄂᄂ BΣᄃӨMΣ Λ ЩΛЯЯIӨЯ, Λ ΉΣЯӨ, Λ ᄂΣGΣПD. "A big magic circle then brightens up under Harvey

A big magic circle then brightens up under Harvey.

"Whoa.."

After that, Harvey vanished and teleported into the world the angel was referring to.

...

...



UPCOMING NEXT CHAPTER

Chapter 02 - A New Beginning

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f2d5f376558585f6532467a4c6d413d3d2d3835373238373239382e313637373864376138303735633534633736393539303530393333302e6a7067

110