Chapter 03 – Operation Moon Shadow ( Part 1 )
6.8k 10 104
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

1602b006be4e7684119903419653.jpg


...

...

...

*beeeeeeeeep*

"Recording log..."

"Week 1"
"Monday"
"2059 hrs."
"Unknown Location..."
"Gargan Forest"

...

...

...

While walking back towards the abandoned mansion in the darkness of the night, Harvey is still on alert as he carefully traverses into the forest with his rifle in low-ready, together with FruchielOn their way, Fruchiel is telling Harvey about the nature and countries of this new world he came in.

"Starting off, where you are right now is in the middle of the forest called the Gargan ForestThe ocean that surrounds the continent is called Amplus Ocean."

"On the northwestern part of the continent, is the Pharaonia Empire. It's mostly a desert country but they are famous for its triangle structures. They said that it is used to contain dead rulers and high-ranking people. This is also the place where many of the slaves are from."

"On the north is the Blaide Ridge. It's a series of mountain ridges that separate the Pharaonia Empire and the Babilon country."

"The Babilon is at this northeastern part of the continent. It's a country composed of wealthy merchants, and rich aristocrats with their infamous places like gardens and red districts. It doesn't have a clear ruler."

"The Almeda Kingdom is in this southern part. It is led by King Galian. Some say that he just abuses the system, and corrupts other officials."

"The western sea is called the Lopu SeaHere lies the main sea trades of the two countries Pharaonia Empire and Almeda Kingdom."

"The sea that's between the Almeda Kingdom and Riman Nation is the Sea of Numanei. It's the sea trademarks of the two countries."

"And finally, the Riman Nation that's on the eastern part. They're considered to be the strongest country in this world. Their armed forces are much greater and more trained than those three countries combined. You don't want to get in trouble with them."

"Hmm? Why is that?" Harvey asked.

"Because they're merciless. Merciless and more brutal than any people here. When they go to war, they won't leave a single enemy alive. They even destroy towns with innocent people inside, for the sake of their country and pride. Even if that town has also children living in it."

"That's....harsh." Harvey said with a sad expression.

"Okay. I got it now. I'm surprised that you've got a wide knowledge of this continent. "

"Hehe. Well, this world was originally my domain, you know?"

"Domain? What are you talking about? " Harvey whispered as he traversed through some bushes.

"You see, angels have their own world domains to regulate. I was the one who is in charge here before some people sealed me through that demonic bracelet."

"What the-. You serious? How come they managed to seal you in this bracelet if you're a powerful angel then? Don't tell me- "

"Yes, I'm afraid. This world, has magic governing the nature and states of matter."

Harvey lowers his rifle stance and stops for a while.

"You kidding me? Magic? "

"Yep. And as time goes and passed by, people became too corrupted on using it. Magic abuse became rampant and many victims had fallen because of it. When I heard what was going on, I went down on this world to remove all of the magic matter."

"So? What happens next?"

"Apparently, the churches of this world had also fallen on the corruption. When I ordered them to join me in doing the magic removal in the main cathedral, they instead tricked me and sealed me into that black bracelet. What happens is history. They used me in their malicious ambitions, and many events came after that until I was stolen many times, up to the goblins."

"I see. But, a Cathedral? Where is that? "

"It's in the very middle of this forest. I think it's abandoned now because it's been a very long time since then."

Just as she finishes her sentence, Harvey finally reaches the abandoned mansion. Fruchiel then quickly recognizes it and shouts at Harvey.

"HERE IT IS! My Cathedral back then!"

" Is..this your cathedral? I thought that it was just an old mansion. "

"I've not mistaken it. I knew the facade and looks of my Cathedral. Oh god. I thought it was now destroyed by those traitors."

"I see. Now let's go inside as I prepare my game. I'm starving as heck. "

As Harvey went inside the abandoned cathedral, the remaining magic particles embedded in the structure of the cathedral resonate within Harvey as it detects Fruchiel that is now free from the seal of the black bracelet. A bright light shines on Harvey as he steps inside the building.

" Woah! What is happening?! " Harvey confusedly asked himself.

"Ahhhhh! Finally! O' THY FREED FROM THE SHACKLES OF SNAKES!"

* WHOOOOOSH! *

Suddenly, the bright light explodes, and what follows Harvey opening his eyes to see a bright female with white hair and in white robes in front of him. Harvey is dumbfounded about this and points his rifle at the said female.

" Wh-Who are you? " 

But the female in the white robes smiles at him and raises her both hands to make peace signs.

"Hey! It's a-me! FRUCHIEL! Now that I'm free and made it back to my Cathedral, I can now use my remaining energy to transform back into my original form!"

Then, awkward silence. Harvey makes a deadpan face as he holsters his rifle on his back and casually walks to the kitchen.

" Ah, I see. Good for you then. " he said as he walks out and ignores Fruchiel.

" HE-HEY! There's no even "Ohhh-what-a-beautiful-angel-you-are" type of compliment, huh? How rude!"  she said getting annoyed by Harvey's ignorance about her.

In the kitchen, Harvey opens up his hud to prepare his hunt earlier and to cook dinner. He was then followed by Fruchiel who was then watching him prepare. In the main hud, Harvey noticed that Soul Energy just went up to Level 1

Level 1? Is this because of what happened earlier? " he uttered to himself while remembering the events in the goblin cave back then. Fruchiel then looks at Harvey's hud and watches him scroll some items on his Military Development System hud. In that hud, new items were now unlocked.

"Hm. It looks like you can now  materialize some new stuff now, huh?"

" It seems so. " Harvey replied while looking at the newly unlocked items ranging from weapons and gears from the 60s and 70s. Weapons like MP5A1, old AR variations, etc. Gears like old Nightvision goggles like the AN/PVS-1 Starlight scope and the AN/PAS 6 Varo Metascope.

"These things are really some relics. Sheesh. I wonder if I can even use them properly at this point. Can I even beat magic while using these old pieces of stuff? "  

"Heh. You do you, Harvey. You do you. If you want my help, I can help you. Besides, we kind of share the same goals here." she said in a menacing tone.

Harvey then looks at her curiously.

"How so?"

"Remember that I want all of the magic matter to be removed from this world, right?"

"Yes?"

Fruchiel then looks at the black bracelet.

"But due to prolonged captivity in that disgusting bracelet, my energy is also weak and I can only cast some little magic spells."

"So? How does that help me?" Harvey said as he crossed his arms. But Fruchiel points at Harvey's M14 rifle.

"You have a weapon that can fire small projectiles, am I right?" Fruchiel hinted at her suggestion to Harvey. 

Harvey quickly realized her meaning and looks at her in disbelief.

" Wait. What? Are you saying that you can cast your spell into my rifle? "

"No. Not exactly. Instead, I will only cast the spells in your little projectiles."

" You mean "bullets"? "

"If that's what you called it, then yes. Those "bullets". They are small enough so that I can cast enough spells in them."

Harvey looks at his rifle. then looks back at the angel.

"What kind of spells are you going to casts then?"

Fruchiel then takes some circular steps while thinking about the spells.

"Well, the most abundant spell I can cast for now is the "Null-Cast" which requires almost no magic energy to cast on."

" Null-Cast? "

"Yep. In other words -" she stopped and smiles at Harvey.

" - Anti-Magic."

Harvey, albeit surprised by the suggestion of the angel, is still somewhat expecting it to happen.

" I-I see. Well, you DO want all of the magic stuff to be removed from this place. Should've kind of expected that. "

"That's not all." Fruchiel 's face then began to make a serious expression.

"It is also the reason I lost my past companion." she whispered, nearly having it heard by Harvey.

" Hm? What's that? I didn't hear you. "

"Oh hahaha, nothing. Nevermind! So, do you agree with my suggestion?"

As Harvey is bringing all of the boar meat to slice it up with his combat knife, he stabs the combat knife on the meat and handshakes Fruchiel.

"It's better than being a simple gunman, I guess. You got a deal."

They handshake and Harvey resumed preparing and cooking his dinner for tonight as Fruchiel meanwhile wanders around in her old cathedral. 

...

...

Finished eating dinner and going to sleep, Harvey is suddenly awakened by Fruchiel inside his room in the basement.

"Hey Harvey! Wake up! Someone is approaching outside!" as she repeatedly shakes Harvey's shoulders. Harvey then quickly wakes up and checks his hud. The time is now 0100hrs

" What happened? Are they hostile? "

"No. Quite the opposite in fact. You'll see when you get outside."

Harvey donned his scarf and vest beside his bed. He then also picks up his suppressed M14 rifle and pistol holster with the M1911 inside. With that, he and the angel behind him carefully check who is outside of the building. Harvey peeks through a broken gap to see the people approaching the building outside, only to realize that they are just dirty peasant people totaling up to fifteen. Some of them have wounds and bandages on their bodies. As the peasants exhaustingly make their way to the entrance of the building, one by one they fall to the ground due to their extreme exhaustion and wounds.

" What the fuck?! What the hell happened to them? " Harvey whispered. 

"Quick! You gotta save them!" Fruchiel also whispered while looking at the peasants.

" Aren't you an angel? Can you just heal them instantly? " Harvey whispery asked. 

"I know how to heal! But didn't I say that I'm still also weak?! I need time to recover and cast some good healing spells!" 

" Psh yeah great. " Harvey uttered as he began walking outside of the building while still on alert and with his rifle in a low-ready stance. Outside, the peasants quickly notice Harvey and no one else. Fruchiel is left inside the building as she cannot go outside because she is still depending on her Cathedral embedded with magic particles in order to stay in her original form.

" Please....help..us." a farmer cried to Harvey as he lay down on the ground together with the other peasants. Harvey, ensuring that everything is all clear and no one is hostile, unholsters his M14 rifle and began carrying all of the peasants on the ground. Some that are still conscious also plead with Harvey for help as they began approaching him.

" Go inside the building to those who can! If some of you have some energy to spare, help me bring the others inside! " Harvey ordered them. Other peasants that still have energy then began helping by carrying and assisting other peasants who can no longer stand or walk. Each of them, until to the very last person. Ensuring that no one was still outside, all of the peasants are very exhausted and all of them fell to the ground. This prompts Harvey, still having knowledge of his Pararescue Training back in his own world, to begin spawning available medical materials in his hud. Things like morphine, antibiotics, and other medical injections for stabilizing blood flow. After that, Harvey placed each of them on some spare bed sheets from inside the cabinet of his room to allow them to have at least comfort in resting up.

...

Finishing the last setup and patient, Harvey sits on the corner exhausted. Fruchiel then comes to him very pleased.

"You've done pretty well! You must've some sort of training huh?" 

*pant* Well, yeah. Of course, I do." Harvey replied while looking at the sleeping peasants in the living room.

"Now, the question is, what really happened to them?"  she asked while also looking at the sleeping peasants.

"They do look like peasants from a village or something."

"Hm. Now that I think about it, there's a village some distance away from here. If I remembered correctly, that village was called "Arksonville". "

Not knowing the danger that lies ahead, Harvey then decides to take the initiative early on. So, inside the living room, he plans the contents of the operation.

"Skewers and dewers. What the fuck is happening back there? I want to check the village, but I can't leave these peasants all by themselves." Harvey uttered.

"Can I spawn someone to do guard duty?" Harvey asked while looking at FruchielFruchiel then looks at Harvey with curiosity.

"Hm? Guard duty?"

Harvey looks down and sighs with disappointment as he realizes that she is still also weak. He then goes to an open ground outside of the building and opens up his Military Development System and sees the available Spawn Function.

"Let's see what I can do with these 35 Souls I got."

*click!*

"Do I pick Infantry Units? Seems that will be it. They will just be doing guard duty. "

*click!*

Instead of the usual robotic tone, the hud's voice announcer was now replaced by Fruchiel's cheerful tone in the system. Harvey then looks at her in annoyance.

"Spawn Function Detected!..."
"Can you Confirm the "40 Infantry Units for: 20 Souls" huh?"

Harvey then looks at her in annoyance.

"He-hey! Don't look at me like that! The system just automatically uses my voice because I happened to get into your hud systems!"

As he clicks the confirmation button,  a wide glowing magic circle appears on the ground close to Harvey.

"Woah!"

On the circle, spawns the forty Infantry Units. They salute Harvey as the magic circle disappears.

Harvey salutes back with amazement.

"Wo-wow. This sure is some rad shit. Okay, let's check these guys out."

Harvey then went closer to the five Infantry Units. He inspects their appearance and attire.

"Hm. Plain green attire, ACHs with goggles, hm. Yeah. Definitely the infantry guys look. But, you guys don't have any weapons. Do I need to do the weapon armaments for all the spawns?"

Then, one of the infantry units speaks.

"Sir, yes sir."

This surprises Harvey.

"Whoa! I didn't know that you guys can also speak! Well, that's good. We need very good and clear communications with each other after all."

"Alright. By the way, do you guys have names? Or do I also have to name you guys?"

"Sir, none sir." the infantry unit from the second to the right replied.

"Hm. Alright then. I will give you guys names. Let's see how I can do that."

Harvey opens his hud and selects again the Military Development System. There, it has a function where you can designate names and callsigns. Harvey reads the manual on how to put names and callsigns for the spawn units.

For the Infantry Unit Spawns, the format of their callsigns should be:

(company callsign) (platoon) - (unit) , (battalion) ]
E.g.: [ Taz 4-5 , 4th Bn. ] , [ Cryton 3-13 , 6th Bn. ]

For the Special Forces Spawns, the format is:

[ (alphabet callsign) (unit) ]
E.g.: [ ECHO 09 ] , [ GOLF 75 ]

For the Promoted Spawns, the format is:

{ (rank) (name) }
E.g.: { Lt. Gen. Marshall D. Lopez } , { Rear Adm. George F. Jaeger }

Lastly, the format that is used when they are given command of a department/base:

[ (BASE) ] [ (role) ] [ (department) ] [ (Infantry/Special/Promoted) ]
( Sometimes, depending on the situation or operation, the (base) and (department) are discarded. )

E.g.: Infantry Units
[ POST 59 ] [ Forward Element Lead ] Taz 4-5 , 4th Bn. ]
[ FORT DUNWELL ] [ Range Captain ] [ Sniper School ] [ Cryton 3-13 , 6th Bn. ]

Eg: Special Forces
[ Overwatch Team 1 ] [ ECHO 09 ]
[ SALTROOM ] [ Recon Patrol 5 ] [ GOLF 75 ]

Eg: Promoted
[ PENTAGON ] [ Chief of Internal Security ] [ US Army ] { Lt. Gen. Marshall D. Lopez } 
[ USS HORNET ] [ Carrier Strike 5 Commander ] [ US Navy ] { Rear Adm. George F. Jaeger }

*beeeeep*

" Information above is only used once throughout the story and on some special occassions! "

...

"Hm, I see. Weird shit. I guess I'll have them use callsigns then."

Harvey then starts giving out their given callsigns.

"Ok. Starting from the left to the last one, you guys are now designated "Able 1-s. So, Able Company!"

The hud system automatically picks all of the designated callsigns and assigns them according to Harvey.

*beeeeep!*

"Naming Accomplished!"

"Thank you for the callsign, sir!" all of the Able Units salute at Harvey. Harvey then salutes back at them in response.

"Alrighty. You guys are still few, so I can't give you battalions. But it is sure that you guys are on the 1st of it."

Harvey then instructs the Able Company to clear the area because Harvey will spawn more units. This time, he will spawn Special Forces Operators.

"15 Souls left. Yeah, it's enough. Here goes."

*click!*

 Fruchiel's cheerful voice appears again.

"Spawn Function Detected!"
"Confirm "10 Special Forces for: 10 Souls?"..."

Harvey annoyingly clicks the confirmation button again because of the hud's voice. Behind him, Fruchiel is watching Harvey while holding her laughter because of Harvey's reaction to her voice in his hud.

As soon as Harvey confirms the spawning, the wide glowing magic circle appears again on the ground, spawning the ten Special Forces Operators. The operators salute Harvey as the magic circle disappears. Harvey salutes back again as he realizes that their appearance and attire are different than the Infantry Units.

"Hm-hm. Just like what I imagined. Plain dark green attires, MICH's with knee and elbow caps, and some other cool shit. Good. It saves time from equipping you guys."

"Sir, yes sir." the four operators reply.

"Now, for the naming again. I will choose, hm - "

" - HOTELS! Or should I go with ALPHAS? Cause you guys are the first and, hm. Nah. I will go with HOTELS. Kinda like Hotel Security, haha. Are you guys alright about it?"

"Sir, yes sir." the operators' reply.

"Nice. Callsigns: HOTEL 1 to HOTEL 10! "

*beeeeep!*

"Naming Accomplished!"

"Thank you, sir." the first HOTEL Operator replied.

"Alright. Let's go with the operation that I have in mind. Gather up here." Harvey ordered them, as the Able Company and the ten HOTEL Operators gather around Harvey to get the information and the overall plan of the entire operation.

Harvey calls the operation - "Operation Moon Shadow".


Harvey calls the operation -  "Operation Moon Shadow"


...

...

...

After they are done with the operation briefing, Harvey opens up his Military Development System and browses the items that are available and operation compatible.

For the Defense Elements, he chose: - AN/PAS 6 Varo Metascope for their night vision, radios, and medium multi-purpose vests.

Armaments:

- M16A1s with custom fit:

- with extra five 30-round magazines of 5

- with extra five 30-round magazines of 5.56×45mm NATO.

- and M9 Berettas torched

- with extra four 15-round magazines of 9×19mm Parabellum

- with extra four 15-round magazines of 9×19mm Parabellum

For the Strike Elements meanwhile, Harvey decides on the same gears as the Defense Elements.

Armaments:

- suppressed CAR-15 with custom fit:

- with extra five 30-round magazines of 5

- with extra five 30-round magazines of 5.56×45mm NATO.

- and suppressed M1911s torched

- with extra four 7-round magazines of

- with extra four 7-round magazines of .45 ACP.

...

And lastly, Harvey equips himself the same as the Strike Elements.

...

...

...

After the distribution of load-outs and armaments, Harvey then assembles the elements outside of the house as he prepares for a final check through the radio frequency. All of the designated elements lined up according to their role in the operation.

"Defense Elements?" as Harvey stands in front of them while talking on his radio attached to his vest. As he asked the elements, the Defense Elements of Able Company Units thumbs up to Harvey, indicating they are now ready and clear. After that, Harvey then proceeds to the Strike Elements.

"Strike Elements?"Harvey asked again through his radio. The Strike Elements consisting of ten HOTEL Operators also thumbs up to Harvey. 

"Alright." Ensuring that all of them are ready to move out, Harvey then speaks to all of them through the radio once more.

"Operation Moon Shadow is a go. Code NIGHTRIDE, NIGHTRIDE." Harvey whispered through his radio. At the same time, all of the elements subsequently release menacing auras and faces on them.

All of the elements turn on their night vision goggles.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The Defense Elements start to guard the house, keeping the peasants safe and sound with Fruchiel, while the Strike Elements move out into the forest in the darkness of the night.The Defense Elements start to guard the house, keeping the peasants safe and sound with Fruchiel, while the Strike Elements move out into the forest in the darkness of the night

...

...

...


Soul Energy :

[ Level 1 ]

 

Soul Count :

[ 5 ]

- 30 Souls

 

Spawn Count:

[ 50 ]

+ 40 Infantry Units

+ 10 Special Forces



UPCOMING NEXT CHAPTER 

Chapter 04 - Moon Shadow ( Part 2 )

Chapter 04 - Moon Shadow ( Part 2 )

104