Chapter 10 – Forward Assist
4.2k 7 81
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

16040d340843a5d7669316869391.jpg


...

...

...

*beeeeeeeeep*

"Recording log..."

"Week 1"
"Tuesday"
"1721 hrs."
"Gargan Forest"

...

...

...

With the sun beginning to set, deeper in the forest, screams of bandits echo with gunshots coming from the HOTEL Operators. The area is stained by the blood of the bandits and some of their summoned creatures. A bandit puts his hand on the ground as he shouts a summoning spell, and a magic circle appears in front of him, summoning five three-eyed wolves. The wolves emanate a malicious purple aura on them, while acidic saliva drools in their mouths, gnarling at the operators.

"TSK! GET THEM ALL!" the bandit screamed, pointing at the operators hiding behind covers by the trees and bushes. The wolves hastily run toward the woods to attack, but they meet bursts of lead with the "Null-Cast" spell. Due to the combined magical spell and the physical damage the bullet can do, the wolves are very helpless and they fall to the ground whimpering as they lose consciousness. The bandit that summoned them can't believe what just happened and tried to run. But running can only do him less, as another burst of gunfire got him and he too falls to the ground with gun wounds all over his back. The roaring thumps of the AH-1 Cobra cause the surrounding trees to sway as the helicopter makes a holding pattern, checking the surroundings for more targets.

"All clear." one HOTEL Operator whispered to his radio, signaling to his other fellow operators. The area is now full of bandit corpses, with some otherworldy creature summons like ant cyclops, blue ogres, and the currently three-eyed wolves. The operators scatter and one by one dead-check each corpse and creature on the ground. As the operators do their deed, the trio - Isabella, Glenn, and Herman, watch the operators with shock and surprise at how the operators conduct their strategies. They have never seen this kind of ruthless act of securing positions and areas before. Even Isabella and Herman are feeling quite frightened as they look at the faces of the operators shooting the corpses mercilessly.

"I-I can't believe it. They are still shooting at them..." Herman said while staring at the operators.

"It might be to ensure that no one was still alive. Still, I also can't believe how they were able to completely annihilate those luscus lupus! Even me and the other hunters are still having trouble hunting them." Isabella remarked while looking at the dead wolves. The three then see Harvey hiding behind a rock near a narrow pathway leading to a small lake, together with two HOTEL Operators. They approach him to ask about their next objective. Harvey meanwhile, was now checking his hud system while the two operators with him is checking a series of hills at a distance with their binoculars. Harvey sees that his Souls amount is now at 42 Souls. His Soul Energy Level meanwhile is slightly increased and is now nearing halfway. Because of the Souls he collected, he now plans to summon more SFs for their operation.

"What do we do now, Sir Harvey?" Glenn asked as he and the other two crouches behind Harvey for cover. Harvey looks behind them for a while and goes back to his hud to scroll for his Summon Function.

"Hm. It is going dark now and I'm now feeling quite tired. But I can't let this opportunity to initiate another night-time operation to their main base pass by." Harvey replied while casually scrolling through his blue hud.

"A-Are you sure, Sir?" Isabella worried. 

"Haha. Don't worry. I'm trained for this. You three can go home. Thanks for the assists back there." Harvey chuckled. The three look at Harvey with uneasiness and worry. Despite that, Harvey goes on to continue with the operation. He goes back to spawn sets of AN-PVS 5 NODs for him and for the spawns he will going to summon. The three are amazed at how the NODs materialize in front of them. Harvey then goes to an open space by the small lake with a pair of HOTEL Operators for security. There, he begins the spawning.

 

*click!*

"Spawn Function Detected!..."
"Can you Confirm the "20 Special Forces for: 20 Souls" ? "

*click!*

 

As the magic circle appears on the ground, Isabella and Herman watch the twenty SF spawns appear on the magic circle. Seconds later, the magic circle vanishes and Harvey goes to put their gears and weapons the same as theirs through his hud.

"Wo-Woah! So that's where these people came from?!" Herman gasped.

"Ye-Yeah. I heard Sir Harvey and Glenn talked about it last night. But this is the first time I saw it in actual." Isabella also replied with awe. Glenn meanwhile approaches Harvey with something to ask.

"Sir Harvey!" 

While putting the gears and weapons into the newly spawned SFs, Harvey answers Glenn.

"Yeah?" 

"Can I go with you?" Glenn asked with a determined face. Isabella and Herman are startled by this and confront Glenn.

"Hey, Glenn! Are you sure about this?" Herman tapped Glenn's shoulder from behind.

"Don't force yourself, Glenn. We are still not powerful as Harvey and his men." Isabella added. Glenn bows his head down realizing this. But despite that, he still wants to go with Harvey.

"Bu-But...." 

Harvey looks behind Glenn and sighs. 

"Glenn. I know that you want to become powerful without relying on others." Harvey said to him. Glenn lifts up his head at Harvey.

"But, relying on others is also a step to becoming powerful, you know?" Harvey smirked.

"Back in my world, I trained with my fellow operators to depend on and trust each other. Because if we don't, the feeling of uneasiness and anxiety will hinder our operation." he added as he looks at the newly spawned SFs. Harvey looks back at Glenn again as he continues setting the loadouts for the spawns.

"So, I want you three to help the HOTELS and the rest of the units back at the Cathedral. I'm sure that the peasants are also worried about you three." Harvey added. Still hesitating a little, Glenn has no choice but to follow Harvey. The other two also oblige.

"Understood, Sir Harvey. Now come on, Glenn. Let's go back." Isabella patted Glenn.

"Got that, Sir." Herman saluted Harvey. With that, The three regroup with the HOTELS waiting for them to go back to the Cathedral. Glenn looks back at Harvey for a while with little worry and anxiety for himself. Someday, he will become powerful just like Harvey and his men.

...

With all of the HOTELS and the trio left the area, Harvey is left with the newly twenty-SFs spawns. He proceeds to designate them into [REDACTED] Group and the hud system automatically detects and designates each spawn. This prompts REAPER 1 descent near them as per Harvey's order earlier for the resupply of ammunition and rockets. After the Cobra lands on the ground, it goes into idle and its two pilots exit out of their cockpits to help reload the Cobra with rockets and ammo from Harvey. Finished spawning the required resupply for the Cobra and while the pilots are reloading their vehicle, Harvey went to the overall frequency to brief their new operation for tonight.

"ERH, ALRIGHT! TONIGHT'S DISCUSSION WILL BE "OPERATION LAMENT'S REVENGE!"." Harvey shouted to the comms as the loud thumps of the Cobra echoed in the background.  

  

...

...

After the operation briefing, the pilots also finished reloading the Cobra and go inside their cockpits. The Cobra gradually lifts up on the ground and after it ascends to make a holding pattern, the Chinook arrives that came back from the Cathedral to land where the Cobra landed earlier. 

"This is HAWKSEND 1, OP-effective." the pilot of the Chinook said on the frequency.

"Uh roger. REAPER 1 , holding pattern at GRID-five-five-niner-three. Will scan Site Bravo Charlie with our NODs." the pilot of the Cobra chattered as they use also their AN-PVS 5s NODs attached to their helmets.

"SIR! WHERE IS OUR EXTRACTION POINT?!" one of the new operators asked Harvey as all of them walk inside the Chinook.

"DEPENDING ON THE SITUATION, INFILL AND EXTRACTION WILL BE BY S.P.I.E.! MIGHT WANNA READY YOUR BELTS, GUYS!" as Harvey takes a seat near the open ramp.

"OTHERWISE, THE DIRECT INFILL POINT WILL ALSO BE OUR DIRECT EXTRACTION POINT BY FAST-ROPES!" Harvey added. With the last operator now inside the Chinook, its Crew Chief standing by the ramp signals the all-clear to the pilots.

"Twenty-Chalks are accounted for! We're a-go!" the second Crew Chief gave a thumbs-up. 

"This is HAWKSEND 1Wheels-up, Target E-T-A ten-mikes. Maintain ten-hundred A-G-L, five minutes." the pilot of the Chinook responded as they fly the Chinook with their NODs the same as the others. Gradually, the Chinook lifts up on the ground and ascends up to the now-darkening horizon. When suddenly while en route, Harvey realizes something important.

"Ah. I forgot the "Null-Cast"....Fuck." Harvey complained to himself. He's the only one that has the Null-Cast on his cartridges. But also realizing that they might now be compromised because of the helicopters, he is not going to turn back home to the Cathedral or it might compromise the peasants and the angel as well. So he continues on with the operation despite being the only one in the group that has the anti-magic chant on him.

...

...

...

Meanwhile at the Bandit's Camp...

By the hill where their main camp is settled, some of the bandits wondered the faint noises of explosions and gunshots from the far distance. They thought that it was just their leader, the Jackal, killing some of the wild creatures inhabiting the Gargan Forest. Some thought that he and his group are fighting a group of knights or mercenaries. But there is something strange about all of the noises. They have never heard of them before. The specific sounds of gunfires and explosions are known to them. But the faint thumps and machine noises are new. So they wait anxiously at the base for a report from their leader. Some are guarding outside for security, and some were just relaxing and doing malicious acts to their captured slaves inside each room in the cave. 

When suddenly, they hear the same faint thumping sounds resonating even louder. Even so, it looks like there are now two of them in the distance. All of the guards outside look above the dark sky to find out the cause of the faint thumps. But all they can see are thick clouds surrounding the hill.

"Hm. What the fuck are those noises?" a bandit spoke to another bandit that is sitting down on a chair relaxing.

"Erh. I dunno. I also never heard it before. Might be propellers of a Zepellin?" the relaxing bandit replied.

"What? Are you sure that's a Zepellin? The sounds are a bit strange if you asked me!"

"Well, they are the same for me - almost.."

A couple of minutes later, the thumps are becoming louder and the leaves on the trees nearby start to sway violently. Some of the bandits inside the cave go outside to find out what's causing all the thump noise. They all check the dark horizon and the clouds. When lo and behold, a strange green machine is hovering some distance away from them and it causes a strong wind gush that made a couple of trees and plants fall on the ground. The bandits are deeply stunned by the vehicle hovering above them.

"WHAT IS THAT THING?!"

"I'VE NEVER SEEN IT BEFORE!"

As another group of bandits starts to exit the cave to see what is happening outside, the strange vehicle suddenly opens fire.

*BRATATAATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATA!* as hails of 7.62 lead shower upon them. The bandits are caught by surprise and one by one got hit and killed by the bursts of machine gun fire. The lead sliced through their armor and skin like hot knives through butter and their screams of agony echoed throughout the area and inside the cave.

...

In the Cobra's cockpit...

Having eliminated all of the bandits outside of the cave, the pilots announced the next phase of the operation on frequency.

"Foot-mobiles are eliminated. Sector is clear for infill. Holding pattern at ten-hundred. Your go, hawk." 

"Affirm. Any suitable parking lot around there?" the pilot of the Chinook asked the Cobra pilots. The Cobra pilots scan the surroundings with their NODs for an open space for the Chinook to land the dispatch group. But all they can see are trees surrounding nearby the cave.

"Erh, negatory. We can't find any parking lots around here. Go with the ropes." 

"Copied. C-C Two! Ready up those ropes! We're E-T-A three-mikes on target point! " the pilot of the Chinook ordered to their second Crew Chief by the ramp. The Crew Chief picks up two ropes below the seats nearby and starts to attach them to the ceiling. After the ropes are attached, the second Crew Chief puts both ends of the ropes on the ground, ready to throw outside, and signals the go. Harvey and his dispatch group stand up and form a line facing the ramp ready to rappel down.

"Roger. E-T-A one-mike on the deck. Standby.."

...

"Thirty-seconds..."

"Roger. Establishing overwatch at seven-hundred A-G-L." the pilot of the Cobra added.

...

"Ten-seconds..." at the same time, Harvey and the operators put on their dual-tubed AN-PVS 5 NODs on their faces.

...

"Target point! Fast-Rope Infill! We're two-mikes out!" the pilot of the Chinook signaled. Immediately, the pilots steady the Chinook and hover it tens of feet above the ground, while the second Crew Chief throws the two ropes for the rappelling. 

"GOOD HOYER! HOLD THE HOVER! GO GO GO!" the second Crew Chief shouted. 

"WOO-HOO! LET'S GO BOYS!" Harvey shouted to the group as he grabs the first rope and rappels it down together with an operator on the other rope. After both two touched the ground, Harvey and the other operator walk off to make way for the other operators and scan their surroundings with their suppressed CAR 15s and NODs. 

...

After the last operator touched down, the second Crew Chief looks down on the ground with his NODs, now all-clear, grabs both the ropes on the side, and runs towards the cockpit to un rappel the ropes.

"ALL CHALKS ON THE GROUND! DECK IS CLEAR!" the second Crew Chief added.

"Chalks are dropped. Proceeding holding pattern at fifteen-hundred." the pilot of the Chinook replied as he pitches the Chinook up to the dark sky. 

"Fifteen-hundred. REAPER 1. Progressing overwatch at ten-hundred." the pilot of the Cobra acknowledged.

...

On the ground, Harvey and his twenty operators make their way inside the cave with the gradual decreasing thumps of the helicopters echoing in the background. A couple of bandits take a peek outside the entrance of the cave having heard the noises in the distance. They ready their weapons with deep anxiety and fear. With the sight of their fallen bandit buddies lying on the ground lifelessly and blood scattered around the area, some of them get panicked and run away.

"He-Hey! Where are you guys going?!" a bandit whispered to the running bandits. Their cries of terror echo inside the cave as some group of bandits remained near the entrance of the cave to confront their enemy. Suddenly, four metal balls land on their foot. Shocked and surprised, they look at the metal balls with anxiety. But it is soon followed by shouts and screams of agony and pain as the four metal balls explode, killing most of them.

"ARRRRRGGGGGRGH!"

"FUUUCKK! FUUUUCK!"

"I CAN'T FEEL MY LEGS! HELP ME!"

Just a second after the explosions, Harvey and his men enter the cave passing all of the bandit corpses and shooting all the remaining injured bandits on the ground. The last thing the bandits saw was the emotionless faces of the operators, staring at them with glass-like tubes in their eyes.

"WA-WAI- " *bang!*bang!**bang!*bang!*

"WE SURRENDER! WE- " *bang!*bang!**bang!*bang!*

"NOO! HELP M- " *bang!*bang!**bang!*bang!*

Deeper in the cave, the bandits hear the echoes of their fellow bandits' cries and screams for help followed by gunshots. Hearing all of their cries, a bandit is hiding behind a pillar, and he suddenly recalls the same cries for help of their fallen captives before as they did their deed to them. What comes around, goes around.

"MOMMY! ARRGH!  *bang!*bang!**bang!*bang!*
"MOMMY! NOOO!" a female echoed through his mind, remembering how he raped her.

"PLEASE! DON'T KILL M-"*bang!*bang!**bang!*bang!*
"PLEASE! DON'T KILL M-" another voice of a young child echoed, the time he pierced a sword through his neck.

These are enough to make him go insane and laugh uncontrollably. All of the bandits hiding behind cover with weapons in hand look at him in shock as he starts to go wild and picks up a group of explosives from a crate and lights it by the torches. After lighting them, he starts to run towards the pathway leading to the entrance where the screams are coming from.

"OY! THE FUCK! COME BACK HERE!" a bandit shouted at the insane bandit. But it's no use. The insane bandit continues running. But, as he approaches the opening of the room, he gets shot in the head and drops the triggered explosives on the ground.

"FUCK!! TAKE COVER!" a bandit shouted and warned the other bandits to take cover. 

*BOOOOOM!*

The explosions shake the entire room and clouds of dust and dirt scatter across the room. Some of the bandits got injured and paralyzed by fallen rocks. The room was now full of crying bandits in pain. They coughed and got blinded due to clouds of dust. A blinded bandit is searching for his fellow bandits with his hand when as he opens his eyes forcibly, he sees a tube appearing on the cloud and he falls down on the ground without even realizing it. Another bandit sees an unknown silhouette of a man and thinks that he must be another fellow bandit.

"HE-HEY! *cough* *cough* ARE YOU OKAY?" 

But as the silhouette looks towards him, he instead got shot five times to his torso. The unknown silhouette became two, then four, then became twelve. For the remaining bandit that is still alive, these silhouettes are the last thing they see as bullet shots take their lives.

...

...

...

Meanwhile, inside the tent of the captured silver-haired woman...

Feeling the area shakes earlier, the silver-haired woman is startled and hid in the far corner of her dark cage with cloth sheets and a sharp glass shard she picked up from a broken glass near her. She clenched her teeth, not knowing what lies ahead of her as she continues to hear the cries of the bandits, followed by gunshots, and then silence afterward. Soon, the outside became silent and the dust start to settle and seep into the entrance of her tent. What follows after a couple of minutes, is the opening of her tent by an unknown man. She was taken by surprise and coughed because of the dust that came inside. As soon as she then looks to the entrance, a black silhouette of an unknown man in strange gear and clothing appears on the clouds of dust. Surprised, she asks the unknown man.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

" Wh-Who are you?....." she asked. The unknown man whispers assumingly to himself: 
"FOXTROT Actual, FOXTROT Three. I got one over here."

__________________________________________________


Soul Energy :

[ Level 1 ] (...counting souls)

 

Soul Count :

[ ...counting ]

 

Spawn Count:

[ 140 ]

= 80 Infantry Units

= 50 Special Forces (+20)



UPCOMING NEXT CHAPTER:

Chapter 11 - Ventures of a Fallen Knight

Chapter 11 - Ventures of a Fallen Knight

81