Chapter 02 – A New Beginning
9.3k 40 120
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

16025b0df9fc842e226832858367.jpg


...

...

...

After the transport spell, Harvey lies on the wooden floor, motionless. Until seconds later, he began twitching his arms and feet. As he opens his eyes, he gets up quickly gasping for air.

"Argh! *pant* "

He then starts to look around and gets up, wondering what this place may be. All he sees are scrawny and broken wooden pillars and furniture seemingly abandoned a long time ago.  

" Wha-where am I? This is some kind of an old mansion? Why does it look like it's about to collapse at any moment? "

There are no people in sight. It's just Harvey all alone by himself. As he continues to wander, around in the basement, he noticed a distinguishable metal lever. He lowered it down and it opened a hidden passage and a door. He goes in and is shocked by what he sees - it's his room in his previous world.

"Wha- HOW?"

Harvey then checks if it's really his room. The layout is the same, the orientation is the same, and the books and his computer are in the same place. Then he checks underneath his bed. He finds the Browning Hi-Power pistol case he got from his grandpa Alex.

"It's real! Wha-HOW?! I can't believe that my room is here! Is this one of the angel's tricks?! " he shouted as he finds the pistol inside the case.

But then, he heard a female voice again inside his head. It's the same as the angel's voice but this time, the tone is different. It is now robotic and monotone.

The female robotic voice then says:

"Welcome to the Overall System Assessment...."

"Harvey Johanson"

"What?" Harvey asked in confusion.

After that, various huds and holograms suddenly came out one at a time with the female voice.

"Health and Medical Function System....."

*engaged*

"Reactive Armor System...."

*activated*

"Inventory Space System...."

*activated*

"Weapon Selection Interface...."

*activated*

"Military Development System...."

*activated*

"Communication Based System...."

*online*

"Have..a..very..safe..day."

Astounded and shocked. Harvey asks himself:

"Wait, this looks kind of familiar. And why do I have this-"

Harvey then realized that the angel gave him a certain power which was based on what he had already known about in his previous life.

"Huh. I guess this is what the angel was referring to "powers"? Looks like she wants me to be at least comfortable in saving this another world".

"If I remembered correctly, the angel mentioned that this medieval world is "turbulent". Bummer. How do I fucking start then?"

He then checks his Inventory Space System.

"Let's see. What do we get here."

His hud said that the inventory consists of virtual spaces for holding and storing items and objects.

" Hm. I see. What about this "Military Development System" ?"

He then checks his Military Development System. It contains all various military development functions, like buildings, materials, equipment and tools, and other military logistics. It's also where the armory and all the weapons are in. But almost all of them are still inaccessible for some reason.

" What? So almost all of the high-tier gears are still inaccessible huh? "

As he clicks on a locked item, the hud displays a notification saying:

" Error Code 51: Insufficient Soul Power. "

" What the fuck? Souls? "

He checked a manual and said that he needs to collect "Souls" in order to strengthen his own literal soul, thus unlocking the locked items on his system hud. Because the hud system uses Harvey's soul energy to materialize the items on his development tab. It also says that in order to get "Souls", Harvey must kill a living creature that has a living soul. 

And the amount of "Souls" also can be used to summon "Spawns". The summoning indicates that:

INFANTRY:

1 Soul = 2 Infantry

10 Souls = 20 Infantry

100 Souls = 200 Infantry

SPECIAL FORCES:

1 Soul = 1 SF

10 Souls = 10 SF

50 Souls = 50 SF

100 Souls = 100 SF

There is also a "Promotion" function. But the promotion will require a spawned unit first before he could promote him by also using "Souls".

OFFICERS (for Promotion Only):

50 Souls = Colonel ( Captain in Navy )

60 Souls = Brigadier General ( Commodore in Navy )

70 Souls = Major General ( Rear Admiral in Navy )

80 Souls = Lieutenant General ( Vice Admiral in Navy )

90 Souls = General ( Admiral in Navy )

100 Souls = General of the Army ( Fleet Admiral in Navy )

"I-I get it now. For me to unlock and spawn any unit and gears, I would have to gather "Souls" first to strengthen my own soul? What? And then if I want to "Promote" them, I will also use the "Souls?" Yeah. Souls-this fuck, souls-that fuck. Dang, this will be a bloodbath then. I have to be careful in picking out my targets. "

Harvey then prepares for his first day in the other world and he goes back to his hud system to gear up.

"Hmmm. Let me try some things to test this crap out. Hmm, what should I choose? Let's see."

While browsing through his hud, whenever he chooses a gear, clothing, etc., it will automatically dress and be equipped for Harvey.

...

...

...

After some picking, he chose his loadout. Because his own soul is still recovering, the hud just displays the simple clothing and gears available for materializing.

His chosen clothing and gears were just a green bonnie hat, protective shade goggles, a green hoodie, and green cargo pants. He also materialized a brown scarf as it feels chilly around the place. For the bag and vest, the hud suggested the light vest and a light military bag.

While his load-outs are only available at best are:

- scoped an.d suppressed M14 rifle w/ 4 spares of .308 magazines

- M1911 Colt pistol w/ 2 spares

- M1911 Colt pistol w/ 2 spares .45 ACP magazines

45 ACP magazines

- M9 knife

- M9 knife

...

...

...

After the gears are up, he then checks the main hud - the Reactive Armor System which displays his current status. It also displays the current time of the current world, which is almost the same as in his own world. He breathed a sigh of relief knowing that he can still operate just as the same back in his world using the same timezone. 

Done checking his overall status, he then decides to fetch off some hunt, or at least he thought. He still doesn't know what kind of new animals or creatures he will stumble upon in this other world. So, he chose to go out, venture some hundred meters away to observe, and hopefully, hunt some edible animal or plants.

"Hmmm. Looks like I'm really the only person here huh." Harvey said to himself while looking around inside and outside of the house.

" Meh. For now, I will go and try to find something to hunt and eat. Too bad that foods aren't available on this freaking hud system or whatsoever. I might also go look for someone to kill. Like a baddie thief or something, to test this so-called "Souls" system or whatnot. " Harvey heads out to hunt and gather necessities.

...

...

...

After hours have passed...

Luckily for him, almost all of the animals are the same as the ones back in his own world. There are deer, wild pigs, and even some brown bears wandering inside the thick forest. So much so that he even thought he just time-traveled instead of transporting into another world. He gathered meats, hides, etc., and placed it all inside his Inventory Space System.

It's now getting dark. He checks his main hud and it displays that it is now around 5PM. So he now prepares to head back to his previous place inside the abandoned mansion. But, as Harvey prepares to head back, he heard something echoing from his west.

" The hell? " Harvey uttered as he goes to check what was happening. There, he sees a bunch of green goblins, with them a trailer full of dead bodies, ranging from humans to elves. Harvey then decides to hide and wait. He lays himself on a high-level ground that overlooks them and observes them with his scoped M14 rifle. 

Seconds passed by, and they halt and screamed in front of an open cave. As they continue to scream, a big green goblin donning a tribal mask and accessories with a staff in hand, screamed at them with a high-pitched tone.

" Are these...goblins? I see. I'm really now in a different world I guess. " Harvey continues to peek through his scope, observing each goblin one by one. He also looks at the trailer full of naked dead bodies. Almost all of them are female, with blood coming out of every hole in their bodies, indicating that they are also forcibly raped and killed.

" SIckening," he whispered as the goblins are now carrying each of the dead bodies inside the cave. One by one, until the very last body. But, what greatly shocked Harvey, is that beneath all of the bodies that were piled up on the trailer, there are also dead children among them. Half of them were decapitated and amputated. Some were also cut open their stomachs and chests.

Harvey clenches his teeth and he almost disengages his rifle's safety in order to engage the goblins. But he quickly regained his nerve back and he calmed his senses as he decides he will continue to investigate.

...

...

It is now nighttime. The front of the cave is now less crowded with goblins and the trailer is now empty. There are now a couple of goblins that were guarding the entrance of the cave. This cues Harvey to carefully approach the cave through the trees to conceal himself while pointing his rifle toward the goblins down below. After a quick walk, he also carefully slides down a short cliff to engage with the goblins. Still being a SOF Trainee, he will then use his training at hand for the first time.

Knowing that his suppressed rifle would still give away his position, he then decides to go for a knife kill to eliminate the goblins. In total, there are only about four goblins guarding the cave entrance.

Now a couple of meters away from the cave, he then picks some little rocks to use for a distraction. He tosses some away to distract the goblin guards one by one. But it is easy said than done. First, he will have to isolate a goblin from the rest in order not to raise an alarm. In order to do that, he chose that he will have to throw the rocks little by little, until two or one of them leave the spot.

*plat!*  *plat!* *plat!*

After some distractions, sure enough, two of the goblins got curious and decides to check the sound of the distraction inside the woods, leaving the two sleeping goblins at the cave entrance. Quickly seeing the two goblins leave their spot, Harvey silently walks toward the two goblin guards on the left side while still pointing his suppressed rifle at them just in case.

...

A tense of seconds passed, and the two goblins still doesn't notice Harvey and instead decides to doze off. This prompts Harvey to switch to his M9 combat knife and M1911 pistol for backup, making a Harries-style stance.

Then, as one goblin opens his eyes from his short nap, the goblin felt a tremendous pain in his neck, followed by another quick stab in his forehead.

*SLACK! STAB!*

The same goes quickly for the other goblin who is still asleep, that even have no time to open up their eyes.

...

...

Moments later, the other two goblins came back, only to notice that the two sleeping goblins are nowhere to be found. They are confused as to what happened to them and they scratch their heads. But while scratching, a goblin felt a shard object that pierced through his forehead. At first, it was painless as the goblin is very confused and surprised as to what was that all about. But he falls down on the ground with blood now gushing out of his skull, only his gaze is fixed in front of him showing the other goblin got stabbed in his neck behind him by an emotionless man with a cold stare towards them.

...

...

Meanwhile, inside the cave, the other goblins are in the midst of celebrating their recent captives. They feast on the dead bodies of their fallen victims, gnawing their bones and body parts. The other starts raping the dead bodies as well in their high libido for mating. When suddenly, some faint goblin screams are heard resonating the cave path to the entrance. Some of them noticed the faint goblin screams, when minutes passed by, more and more goblin screams are now echoing through the said path. Now almost all of the goblins halt their activities and look at the dark passageway leading to the entrance where faint screams can be heard.

...

Then all of the sudden, a goblin crawls on the passageway leading to the room where the rest of the goblins and the giant goblin were. The goblin managed to point the direction behind where it came from after it succumbed to its wound and died. All of the goblins look at each other in confusion as they didn't expect this to happen. The giant goblin then ordered them to arm themselves, when right after that, a shot pierced through his head that came through the dark passageway, and the giant goblin falls down on the ground dead. The goblins look at their master with disbelief and shock, when continuously suppressed rifle shots began firing at them.

* BANG! * BANG!* BANG!* BANG!* BANG!* BANG!* BANG!* BANG!* BANG!* BANG!

The goblins were completely caught by surprise as they were each being gunned down by an unknown enemy. With one tried to use a shield to block off the gunfire, it was instead pierced through the shield and into the goblin like a hot knife through butter. Some goblins died collaterally. Some two were killed by just one shot, some were three.

* BANG! * BANG!* BANG!* BANG!* BANG!* BANG!* BANG!* BANG!* BANG!* BANG!

...

...

After the continuous hail of shots passed, only a handful of injured goblins remained. They all groaned in main and cried for help, as they now watch a mysterious scarfed man, slowly emerging from the dark alleyway with a strange weapon in hand pointing at them. As the goblins met the eyes of the unknown man, the unknown man will then points his strange weapon and starts firing at them again.

* BANG! * BANG!* BANG! * BANG!*

Some goblins tried to fight with all of their remaining strength. But the unknown man would just grab another weapon holstered on his right hip and casually shoots at them without even looking at them.

* BANG! * BANG!* BANG! * BANG!* BANG! * BANG!* 

...

Now with all of the goblins dead, the unknown man carefully checks each room to ensure that no goblin is still alive. While checking the area, he sees scattered body remains and bones all over the place. Some were little, and some were full-sized skeletons. Then in one room, there he sees a very horrific scene that words cannot describe alone -

- In that room contains the rotting corpses of other bodies that were not consumed by the goblins. Almost all of them were the children's victims. This made Harvey shed some tears as he approaches the piles of corpses. While checking through the corpses, two female corpses caught his attention. The two corpses still have their pendants on their necks. He looks at the pendants and it reads:

"Olivia" and "Rosie"

...

Then, his hud notifies him. He opens his hud and the system just announced that 35 Souls have been collected on exterminating the goblins.

This made Harvey even angrier.

" SO GOBLINS DO HAVE SOULS NOW?! HUH? FUCKING HELL! " Harvey punches the wall of the room in his anger. 

...

...

After he released all of that emotions, he then starts checking all of the objects that the goblins stashed inside their storage rooms. In one of these rooms, there are piles of gold and artifacts laying around haphazardly. He wanders around with his flashlight and pistol in hand still in a Harries-style stance, to look for something more valuable or useful. Until a bright light from the far corner of the room shines on him. At first, he thought that it is just a reflection of his flashlight. But, as he points his flashlight in the other direction, it still shines. Harvey then carefully approaches the object not knowing that this might be a trap made by the goblins.

As he closes further, he observes that the light was coming from a bracelet. It then speaks in a female tone while Harvey is looking at it.

" Oh. Hello there! Nice to see a fresh face around here! "

Harvey is very surprised that he almost shoot the object. 

" WOAH WOAH WOAH! EASY EASY! Don't worry! You can count on me, mister?... "

" Wh-who are you? " Harvey asked the unknown object while pointing the light and pistol at it.

" Fine. My name is Fruchiel. You might not believe this but, I happened to be an angel. "

The name then suddenly rings a bell inside Harvey's mind. Remembering what the other angel told him while he was still in the white void, he confronts the Fruchiel.

Fruchiel ? Are you the one from the other angel in the white void talked about? "

" The white voi- Ah! You must be a weakened soul, aren't you? Aw, you poor human. "

" Pfft. Knock it off or else a bullet will pierce through you. "

" Okay okay. Sheesh. You don't even have a sense of humor, don't ya? Why don't you put your weapon down and grab me for a while? "

" ...What are you going to do? "

" Relax. I'm not going to hurt you. I just sensed that you have a power that came from one of us. That's why maybe this bracelet resonates when it detects you here, hence that shining stuff. "

" I see. Can I trust you? "

" I mean, you're welcome to try?.... "

....

Okay, that's it. I'm leaving. " Harvey began to walk out of the room.

" OKAY OKAY! FINE! YOU WIN, ALRIGHT! Please I'm begging you. Don't leave me here! It's been a while since I met a normal creature like you. "

Harvey sighs in annoyance and then comes back, grabbing up the bracelet. In its full view, the bracelet is black-coated with layers of gold and white patterns on its sides.

" I see. So, what it IS you will really do? "

" Hm. Try wearing me on one of your wrists. "

" Fine. Don't do something you would regret. "

" I know. Trust me. "

Harvey then wears the black bracelet on his left wrist. Immediately, he feels tremendous headaches like the ones he felt before. He groans in pain as he kneels on the ground gasping for air.

" ARRGH! I--I SAID. ARRGH!! "

" I know, I know! Just trust me, okay? I promise this won't take long. "

But after seconds passed by, Harvey can't handle the headaches anymore as he lies on the ground unconscious.

...

...

...

Minutes later, Harvey wakes up, still feeling some fain headaches. He looks at the black bracelet on his left wrist and smacks it out.

Then, Fruchiel shouts again. But this time, opening the hud systems.

" Mwahaha. I'm now no longer in that stupid bracelet! Hahaha! " 

" What?! Are you in my hud now? "

" Why yes! I simply replaced that stupid robot system here, with me! Pretty cool isn't it? "

" Great. Now I will have to find a way to get rid of you there. "

" Hahaha. Do that or you will lose all the benefits. Your choice. Hehe. "

" What the- What benefits? "

"  Oh. I can unlock those locked items around here. And also hack some shit up? "

" Are you serious? "

" Of course not! Hahaha Im just messing with ya!"

...

Harvey then points the tip of his pistol barrel under his chin.

" OY OY WHAT ARE YOU DOING? "

" Nah that's it. I'm done with ya. "

" Oh come on! Really now? Alright alright. I will not joke anymore. I promise."

"..."

" I really promise! Besides, I need you as you need me. You also need some tour guide around here in this place. So, peace? "

Harvey sighs as he holstered his pistol down and gives up on Fruchiel

Fine. You do that. "

" Neat! Hahaha! First, let me introduce you to this world! - "

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

" - the world of Verusia!"

" - the world of Verusia!"

...

...

...

[Whaaat? There are goblins now??!]



Soul Count :

[ 35 ]

+35 Goblins

 

Spawn Count:

[ 0 ]



UPCOMING NEXT CHAPTER:

Chapter 03 – Operation Moon Shadow ( Part 1 )

Chapter 03 – Operation Moon Shadow ( Part 1 )

120