Chapter 2 – New World Order
781 6 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Bold lifted his chubby body up and faced the worried expression of a young adult with long ginger hair.  But immediately he noticed that the woman was not ordinary. She had inhumanly large eyes and within those glares, sparkled two pink irises that shook heavily and showed worry and sadness.

And above her head were two cat ears.  

Bold nodded his head and asked:

"Who are you?" 

"I-I don't know. I don't know anything. All I know is that I'm afraid. I hate this"

The woman's whole body shook and tears started to glitter in her amber eyes.      

"D-don't cry. You don't even know your name?" 

"I don't know. I can't recall anything. Who am I? What am I? I'm scared"

The woman continued to cry. Seeing the maiden weeping and shaking, Bold couldn't help but feel sympathy for her pain. He wasn't particularly a smooth talker but he knew how to be kind to others. 

Bold slid towards her on his knees and wrapped her body in his arms. 
  
"There there. I don't know what's going on too. But please, you don't have to cry. Everything will be all right" 

The girl's wet tears dripped on Bold's shirts. But soon she stopped crying and looked up at Bold and smiled.

"Thanks, mister. Your body is so warm...and nice"

The girl hugged Bold tight and snuggled into his chest. 

A hot sensation wrapped Bold's body and he could feel his shaft slowly rising. 

I don't know where am I and what is going on. But this ain't so bad. 

Warmed by the heat of her body and drugged by the candy-like fragrance that emitted from her hair, Bold sat there dazed and drowsy.  Perhaps, minutes have passed. Bold did not notice the time.       

The woman raised her head and her eyes stared into him bashfully. 

"Mister, I didn't get your name"

"Oh, umm. It is Bold". 

"Bold? That's a nice name. Almost like a bold hero that saves the princess from a dragon. Just like in fairytales"

"You, remember about fairytales?"

"Yes, I do now. Vividly. And at the end of every story, the princess expresses her gratitude to the prince...like this".

She grabbed hold of Bold's shoulders with both hands and leaned towards him. His body tightened a little. But when the woman's face came into contact with his, he could see into her fire-like eyes. But the flames within her eyes, they seem...artificial.   

But before Bold could do anything the woman kissed him on his mouth. The wetness and softness of her lips tasted like sweets. Bold's whole body loosened and he kissed the woman back. Even if he didn't have any practice before, his feelings and movements came out naturally.

The girl slowly pulled herself back and stared at him with pink cheeks. 

"You're a...you're a good kisser...sir"

Bold couldn't do anything but giggle. 

To think that I would suddenly get kissed by a girl after hibernating in my flat for four years. Must be some kind of a blessing.   

The girl's eyes suddenly became devilish and she punched him in the face. 
   
"Ouch. You son of a"  

"Tch, you otakus and NEETs sure fall for a trick easily". 

"You little shit. Why did you do that?" yelled Bold with a frown. 

He turned around to see a smug smile on her face. The scared and startled woman who helplessly cuddled within his arms was no more. What stood in front of him was a fiend with a condescending look.

"You really are pathetic. Do you know that, Bold?"

"S-shut up. You don't know anything about me"

 "Oh, I know Bold. I know a lot about you. I know that you like to waste weeks and months by playing MMOs. I know that you like catgirls that feature in your trashy anime. And I also know you would like to have a cute love interest who you would like to protecc, uguuuu. It's a silly fantasy all males are so crazy about".

He felt humiliated. He felt like shit. 

"S-so, that was all...just an act?"

"Of course, it was an act you silly dumbo. How could a beautiful princess like me be in love with an ugly fatso such as you! Wake up from your daydreaming and face reality. But I guess it would be too hard for a pathetic otaku like you" 

"Why you..."   

Bold got up to his feet with rage. But the woman's glance became especially devilish when she uttered her next line. 

"Your diseased mother will be very disappointed in you. Wasting your whole life, stuck in his house and playing video games all day"  

Bold gritted his teeth. His eyes flamed with anger. 

"H-how, how did you know about all this?!"

The catgirl or rather the catwoman slyly grinned and answered. 

"Simple. Its because I'm a god"

"W-what?!"

Ignoring the puzzled expression on his face the girl gave him a mocking glare and spoke:

“You are an embarrassment to society. Nothing but rubbish waiting to rot away. Isn’t that what you were? No contribution to anything in your society. Not even one redeemable quality”.   

 “W-what did you say?!”

“Your life has no meaning. It has no drive, no influence on anything.

You’re wrong. YOU’RE WRONG. YOU’RE WRONG

Even if his mind raged towards the woman, he couldn’t throw those words out. No matter how much he wanted to deny it, the woman was telling the truth. He was only stating the obvious and Bold knew it.   

"Therefore I have brought you here to give you a purpose. If you do not wish to live a purposeful life. Bring purpose to my judgment game. I name it Virtual Judgement”.

"Wait...so you're-"

"Yes, Bold. I kidnapped you and brought you here. I am the mastermind of this death game. A death game that will decide the fate of its 1.5 billion participants. 

What 1.5 billion? That’s over 9000...
Not a good time for that reference. 

"The rules and the circumstances will be made clear in the game itself. Once this program finishes loading you will enter the fascinating world that I created. Try your hardest and you might survive. Make it entertaining and who knows, maybe we’ll reward you more”.

When the woman orange irises suddenly bathed in blood red, the hairs on his spine went up.

Soon rage-filled Bold’s heart and he yelled.

“A death game? Y-you think you have any right to do this to me, you bastard?!”

He had enough of the woman's bullshit and charged at her. But the woman suddenly vanished. Before he realized what just happened something struck the back of his neck hard and he fell to the ground. 

"Arghhh"

His vision was blurry. But by sheer force, he pulled himself back up and turned around to see the woman winking at him. She slowly walked towards him and crouched next to him.   

“And if you do survive. A happy life with fortune, freedom, and pleasure is waiting for you. Well then, let us begin our adventure in this exciting new world”.

“Hey, hold up”.   

With the dissipation of the woman's image, blinding light surrounded his whole body. Soon rays of different colors were splashing in his direction. He could see fantasies and wish fulfillments within those colors. He could see nightmares as well.
  
And soon enough he found himself standing on cold grey cement. He looked around and noticed that he was in some sort of a city. Huge medieval buildings with eccentric designs were surrounding him. He examined those beauties, whirled on the spot until he noticed another change that had occurred.

This time on his left arm and more specifically his wrist. There were numbers on it. The row above had numbers from 0-4 and the row under it had numbers from 5-9. And right next to the numbers there were buttons named such as “enter”, “backspace” and “cancel”.   He cautiously pressed the number 5 button and suddenly a green “5” appeared in mid-air close to his wrist.

Bold pressed a few other numbers which triggered more green numbers to appear after the previous digits. And curiously he pressed the enter button but a text appeared that said ”Invalid spell number”.

“So, It is just like a game?”       

That bitch! She wasn't kidding about what she said. 

There was another thing he noticed. A bag was strapped into his white trousers. He reached it with his hand and immediately it sucked his hand into itself.

“The hell”

He pulled it out but again inserted it. And immediately images of the bag’s contents appeared in his mind as thoughts. A dagger and…3000 gold. He didn’t know what this gold was to be used for. In fact, he didn’t know anything about anything. So, he decided it’s best to not mess with stuff that he didn’t understand.

He hesitatingly took a step and strolled downtown. Dozens of people walked past him. Some laughing, some just indifferent and deadpan. It was impossible to tell if they were AI or actual human beings. But considering that the girl said that there were 1.5 billion people here, he had to guess that they were all humans.

Bold noticed that there were a few other people near the place he was standing. A red-haired woman with sharp eyes was surrounded by three grizzly men. All lustfully crowding her. And another woman with black hair was standing next to her with a disgusted face. Noticing Bold’s gaze the black-haired woman sneered at him.

“What are you looking at, Chubby? Wanna take my sister’s virginity with these bastards?”

A flare of anger sparked inside of Bold. He was gonna argue back but decided not to and headed down an alley opposite to the two women. He looked at his belly and grumbled to himself. It’s true that the way he looks wasn’t the most attractive. But it’s not like he wasn’t aware of it. He couldn’t stand people like them, especially females who were gratuitously rude. He looked at the clear blue sky above him and sighed.

What the hell is going on?

 

14