Chapter 28 – Split or Steal
91 3 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Yes, Natalia. This is it” yelled Vlad as he looked into the large map that was in his own hand.

“What is it?” inquired Mikhail from behind them curiously.

Vlad turned around and before answering his question, he yelled:

“Close the door. It’ll hold the mousers for a bit”

Kenji and Thompson pulled the thick door shut and rolled the wheel inside the door and locked it tight. Soon a screeching was heard from outside the door. A bunch of them scratched the wall and attempted to crash it.

“Alright, everyone. There is 9000 gold in this chest in total. I promise you all that Natalia and I didn’t take any. We only took this piece of a map that may come handy in our next quest” said Vlad as he shook the map towards them and hid it into his dimensional bag.

Amanda quickly arrived next to him and examined the chest suspectngly.

“The box set really has only 9 slots. One slot each for a 1000 gold box. Don’t think our team leader is lying”.

“There should be no fight over this. Everyone, just take one” said Vlad.

“What about this small figure?” asked Amanda as she brought out a figure of a blue-skinned buddha.

“I don’t know. Didn’t even know that something like that would be here. Whoever likes it can take it.” said Vlad without a care.  

Amanda eyed the figure for a while with curiosity. But soon boredom took over her expression and she placed the figure back in and grabbed her own gold box instead. Everyone swarmed around the chest and took the gold boxes out one after the other.

Mikhail came out with three boxes and gave one to Bold and the other two he left for himself and promised to give one of them to Emma when she woke up. And he also brought out of his bag the blue-skinned buddha figure which he had immediately put in his bag after seeing it.
Hello, Nakama the witnesser, the author of the webnovel is speaking here. Just to remind you all that this webnovel is for free unless we're talking about the parts which are currently in the patron-only section. Also, check out my other works "Truth of Dreams - Lies of Reality", "Kingdom of Bloody tears" on scribblehub if you're interested in seeing my other writings.  

“A manal buddha’s figure. Wonder why something like this is in here” said Mikhail with a bright smile. 

A thunderous crack was heard behind them. The beasts had started throwing their whole bodies towards the door in unison.

“You gotta hurry up, mates” yelled Thompson.

“Hurry and do what? It’s not like there is any place to run away” complained Amanda.

“Oh man. We’re so toasted” said Vlad with a sigh.

“Hey, aren’t you supposed to be the leader? Think of something smart!” raged Diego.

At that moment Bold saw Kenji leaning on the floor with his ear fully plugged to the ground.

“Umm, Kenji. What are you doing?” asked Bold.

He did not answer but his eyes remained sharp.

“I don’t think playing dead is gonna save us” said Thompson.

But Kenji got up and announced his findings:

“I hear water running under the floor. Just look at the corner of the carpet. The floor is made out of wood. We can easily break it down. Come on”.

By typing on their wristboards in unity, Kenji, Thompson and Bold shot their offensive spells at the floor. And indeed, as they had suspected a hole was made on the ground with ease and there was a strong current of water rushing underneath it.

“Where will this lead?” asked Amanda.

“I don’t know. But it’s probably better than the fate that awaits us here” said Kenji and pointed at the worn down door that was about to be blasted open any second from now.

“Move move move” yelled Vlad.

They quickly jumped in one after another. When the door was thrown open only Kenji was standing there. He jumped into the current and one of the mouser jumped after him or rather was pushed by one of his fellow mates.

But as soon as it plunged into the water it screeched and yelled with great agony.  The current carried them into the abyss, it made a few turns and a few deep dives until light could be seen at the end of the tunnel. 

“We made it” yelled Thompson and raised his arms in the air.

He was thrown out of the darkness and into the bright daylight which burned his eyes. But the hype he had turned into great fear. They were falling extremely fast to the lake that glittered down below them in the blazing sun. Everyone cried at the top of their lungs as they rocketed down and plunged into the icy water with full force of their weights.

Mikhail slowly floated upwards and at last ascended out of the water with his head. The immediate thing he did was look around and count the heads that flew in the water with him. Vlad and Natalia were holding Emma tight who was still unconscious. Kenji pulled Bold up to the surface. Diego, Thompson and Amanda were swimming towards the shore. In total there were 9 people. All of them were safe and sound.  

After a short duration of time they were out of lake and were lying on the green grass. Exhausted and fatigued but still somehow alive after the insane adventure they just had.

“Well done, lads. We’re alive, done it all” said Thompson while panting. 

Bold looked at the small hole of the tunnel which they had fallen off of. Water sprinkled down and poured into the lake. And above the tunnel was a mountain which they had climbed up from the other side to find the dungeon.

And beyond the mountain was a bustling town, no, it was more like a city. Its size was roughly five times bigger than the town Bold had first spawned in. They made it. Not only did they got the gold, it was clear where they should go next. All in all it was quite the adventure all right. But nonetheless, there were losses that could not be retrieved. Bold’s eyes shifted towards the unconscious Emma. Natalia brought her fingers at her neck and placed her head on her chest.

3