Chapter 33 – The Dark Knight.
68 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Thompson and Bold looked at the scene with utter despair. Kenji was silently observing the behavior of the men. But in the corner of his eyes he saw Mikhail. Tears trickled down from Mikhail’s eyes across his cheeks. Kenji's eyes widened at the peculiar scene. Mikhail did not seem to care to repress the sorrow he felt. In fact, Mikhail never saw tears as a weakness.  If tears came out on their own, he would allow them, gladly accept them.          

When Diego pulled himself halfheartedly and turned around, he could hear Gabi squirming behind her taped mouth. The muscular man grabbed the girl, raised her up and put her on his shoulder. Gabi’s body shivered and quivered as she cried tears of agony and angst. The four men slowly withdrew.

Kranos still looked back with keen eyes to make sure none of them were scheming something. But disregarding that, Diego put his hand into his bag and pulled out a paper. And he announced widely to everyone:

“Assembly summon Gabi” 

Within a blink of an eye, Gabi disappeared from the muscular man’s grip and appeared in front of Diego in the air. He quickly grabbed her from her back and legs. Seeing the situation, Mikhail and Kenji quickly ran towards him followed by Thompson. Kranos’s face became red as fire and he cried out.

“FUCKING KILL THEM”

Mikhail quickly reached next to Diego and helped him carry Gabi. Kranos pulled out his twin blades and charged after them with Ryan at his side. But before they could reach them, Kenji got in his way. Kranos struck with his double swords but both weapons were locked between the teeth of Kenji’s sais.

Ryan attempted to reach his fellow teammate for an assist but Thompson’s fiery sword and his fearsome strikes prevented him from reaching Kranos. Mikhail and Diego effortlessly threw Gabi on the horse’s back and Bold turned the rein around and the horse galloped at top speed towards the forest.
 
“Summon boss now!” yelled Kranos.

Hearing his words, Bob typed on his wristboard, threw his arm into the air and started chanting: 

“Oh holy father sun. Oh holy father light. Let my wish be sown into the earth. Let my words be heard by the divine-”

“Serpent’s strike” yelled Thompson.

The snake blazed towards Bob who had yet to finish his spell. But the muscular man got in its path and took the blow instead. Knocked by the hit, the man fell on his back. The man's body glittered and he vanished into nothingness. But before Thompson could fire an another serpent, bunch of swords and daggers flung at him. He blocked a few of the attacks efficiently but the two swords that rocketed towards him managed to slash his legs. Paralyzed by the pain Thompson fell to the ground.

Dozens of swords and daggers danced around Ryan in the air. And with a single gesture with his hand, all the swords aimed their tips towards the crouching Thompson. But before Ryan could order the weapons for a full storming attack a cyan snake flew towards him and connected with his chest. His whole body froze. And further inspection proved that the snake’s origin was connected to Mikhail who stood far away from him. 

Despite the commotion, Bob still chanted his spell.

“So as to triumph time and sour through space. I divine summon Lau Chen”

Just as he finished chanting he could see Diego’s soccer jet plummeting towards him like a meteor. But the dark form that emerged in front of him blocked the attack. It was a knight covered in pitch-black armor. The impact of the soccer jet knocked him to the ground. The knight growled in annoyance more than pain.

“What is going on? Just when I was cosplaying with my fancy armor too” complianed the dark knight. 

“Boss, the girl. She was taken away”

“The girl? Oh, that girl. Gee, there is been a lot of girls in my mind lately”

The dark knight pulled himself off of the ground just in time to see Thompson heading towards him with his burning blade in hand.

“Take this”

He attempted to stab the newly summoned man with his blade but the dark knight effortlessly grabbed his blazing blade with both hands and stopped it's movement fully before its tips reached the armor’s chest. The silver gauntlets on the knight's hands did not seem to be damaged by the fiery sword at all.  

“W-what?! How?” stuttered Thompson. 

“Dark pulse”

The voice command activated a dark energy surge around him. Its force was enough to knock Thompson backward into the air. When he fell flat on the ground, Diego arrived next to him and waved his hand to use a spell he had already activated before. Giant sinking sand appeared under the knight and his boots plunged into the mud immediately. Before he could move his hands, Mikhail shot his paralyzing snake towards him. It swirled and successfully connected with its target with speed. But the man doesn’t seem to care at all.

“Where is the girl now?” the knight asked. 

“A man with a horse carried her away. At the direction of eleven o’clock” yelled Bob frantically from behind him.

“I see. Dark pulse”

The black energy that rushed around him completely destroyed the paralyzing snake and blasted the mud under him in different directions. He swiftly typed on his wristboard and yelled the name of his attack regardless of it being unnecessary.

“Devouring Darkness Dragon”

Within a moment, dark flames rose from the ground and formed the shape of a  giant dragon’s head around him. Its eyes were fiery and it’s blade-like teeth glittered. The dragon’s head rushed forward with strength and fury. It blasted through the earth and the grass below. The dragon head effortlessly knocked Thompson and Diego into the sky who were standing in it's path. With blazing speed, it destroyed the plains and dived into the forest. Woods were torn apart and thrown sideways. They hardly made the dragon lose speed.   

Inside the dragon’s head was the armored knight who was calm and collected. He sighed in boredom. 

3