Chapter 34 – Fight to decide Fate
66 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Bold only occasionally looked back to see if he hadn’t thrown Gabi off the horse with the speed that he was going at. The horse through the forest, towards the city with all its might. If they just reach the city, he could notify some people and find help.

But the hopeful dreams in his mind were shattered by the sound of trees being uprooted and the earth crumbling to pieces behind him. Turning his head back, he saw a giant dragon’s head with devilish eyes and razor teeth.  

He screamed out of panic. The head rushed forward, knocking and throwing them into the evening sky. Bold, Gabi and the horse all fell on the broken and barren ground with a thud. The horse immediately disappeared into nothingness.

As soon as Bold opened his eyes, he got to his feet and ran towards Gabi. He pulled out a dagger and cut the ropes on her arms and legs. Something which he should have done sooner. Something he couldn’t do cause of the fear of being caught up. As soon as Gabi took the tape off her mouth she spoke: 

“We have to go back. They lied about my HP. I’m fine. We have to help brother and the others”.

“You kidding? We risked everything to save you. How can we-”

“Hey!”

They turned around to see the dark knight approaching them slowly. Seeing Bold’s frightened face, he stopped in his steps and giggled.

“Ho ho. If it isn’t Bold. Didn’t think I would be encountering you this early”.

Huh? This guy knows me? And was he anticipating to meet with me?

“I don’t know what your deal is. But me and my friends are gonna leave this hellhole along with her” yelled Bold.

“Haha. I can’t let you do that Bold. That girl has to stay with me”.

Gabi arrived next to him and whispered.

“Let’s attack simultaneously”

Bold nodded and they both typed on their wristboards. After activating her spell the girl fell to the ground on her four limbs. Her eyes turned green. Hair started to sprout from her skin and in the next moment, she had shapeshifted into a panther. The dark knight slowly typed on his wristboard as well. But the dangerous dragon did not appear this time. Still, in the form of a panther, her voice could be heard.

“Let’s go”

They both ran towards the knight and split into two directions. Gabi aimed to attack from the left and Bold from the right. When the panther pounced at the knight he only raised his arm towards her.  Dozens of purple snakes emerged from his palm and entered into the panther’s body. She immediately lost her panther form and fell into the knight’s hand as a helpless girl.

Bold nailed the shagai towards the knight. The sheep formed orb floated in the air helplessly. But seeing what he was up to, the knight shielded himself with Gabi’s body. From the sheep form dozens of bullets scattered towards the knight. But most of them ended up hitting Gabi and in the shock wave, the knight only moved a step back.

“I’m sorry so sorry” apologized Bold at the mess that he caused.

But Gabi did not respond. Her face was tight and stiff,  suggesting that she felt immense pain and suffering. The nasty purple snakes swarmed in and out of her body like ghosts. The knight carelessly threw her away to the ground and looked towards Bold.

“Come on. That’s pathetic. You used to be far better than this”

He didn’t know what the knight was referring to, nor did he care. Bold gritted his teeth and charged towards the knight. With all his might, he landed a punch on his helmet. But more than the knight’s head his knuckles ended up hurting.

“You punch like a girl”

“RHAAAA”

He threw punch after punch. The helmet echoed the sounds of the impact but its wearer remained unharmed.

“Maybe not like a girl. But definitely like a little bitch”

The armored man kicked him in the stomach with great force. Bold tumbled backward but regained his balance rather fast.

Damn, All my attacks are useless. What do I do? There must be a way. Think Think.

And after the brainstorming session, an idea occurred to Bold. He frowned at the knight yet also grinned and spoke:
 
“Man, I’ve had it with you and your overpowered spells and your broken armor. Why don’t you fight with me fair and square, you pay to win jerk!”

The knight looked through his helmet at him with confusion. But soon laughter roared out of him.

“Bold, oh Bold. You’re as funny as ever, I see” said the knight.   

“So what do you say? You’re not gonna take off that armor? Afraid that I’ll beat you to a pulp if you did so?” said Bold with the bluff of braveness.  

“Oh please, Bold. Even if I threw away my armor, my spells are way beyond-”.

“Then no spells, no items, no armor. Just a 1 on 1 hand to hand combat. What do you say?”

Bold did his best to form a straight face when saying all that.

Damn it. This is fucking stupid. I’m gonna die. I’m gonna die.    

The knight observed him carefully and laughed.

“Alright. Then it’s a deal. A hand to hand combat it is”

“Wait really?”

I can’t believe that petty plan practically worked.

“What can I say Bold. I love a challenge. But just so you know, if you end up using your spell or beg any of your friends for help, I’m gonna kill all your friends” said the knight with a devilish voice.

“A-and kill me afterward?”

“Haha, No. That will be too boring”.

Within a moment the giant armor disappeared and the one stood there instead was a small boy with the same helmet as the knight’s.

“Huh?”

“How is this? You wouldn’t mind me still wearing my helmet? Afterall, I don’t think you’re worthy to see my face. ” said the small boy with a helmet. His voice was still loud and deep.   

“Fine, that’s not a problem” said Bold with a smile.

“Right. Then let us begin the battle of fate, Bold” declared the boy in helmet. 

3