Chapter 38 – Departure and Reunion
51 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After all the cleaning was finished they stretched the sofa into its longer form and laid happily on it.

Diego gladly hugged her sister tight from behind and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

“Bro, stop. Everyone’s watching” said Gabi bashfully as Diego played with the tip of her hair.

“Hey, they’ve all risked their lives for you today. I bet seeing this is pretty rewarding for them all”.

”Hah, you bet. No need to be shy. Thompson Watson does not judge love”

“Ugghh, everything is finished.” said Bold happily.

“Everything is finished? More like everything is beginning. Hey, let’s hang around the city and find someplace to celebrate, what do you say?” said Mikhail.

“Hell yeah. Sounds great” said Thompson.

“Sorry if I’m being a downer. But I must leave. The sooner the better, I believe. I have yet to find my beloved” said Kenji.

“Beloved?” asked Gabi.

“Ahh, you see. When I first entered this virtual world I was notified that Rumiko, my spouse was somewhere in this world. I must urgently find her. Who knows what danger she may get herself into if she is alone”.

“O-okay. I kinda remember you mentioning her before too” said Bold.

“That's a party pooper. Anyone else has any unfortunate news like that? Amanda?” asked Thompson. 

“I don’t have anywhere else I want to go in particular. So, I don’t mind staying”

“Well, that is settled then. Tomorrow is gonna be a great day” said Mikhail with a grin.                                         

“Umm, Mikhail. What about Emma? She is still ill. Wouldn’t it be kinda rude to celebrate while she couldn’t participate?”  said Bold.

“Emma, Emma, Emma. My, you’ve fallen for that sweet flower” taunted Thompson. 

“N-no. That’s not it. I’m just saying that because it wouldn't be good” grunted Bold.  

“Ahh, we’ll just wait and see. The medicine seems to be working fast. Maybe she’ll be completely healthy tomorrow” said Mikhail.
 
The next morning Kenji got up early as the sun and headed out for a quick stretch. Everyone else was dragged out of bed cause him. After eating a few slices of bread, he quickly shook everyone’s hands and headed out. When the gate doors closed, they all went to see Emma and were surprised to see her out of bed.

“Y-you okay? ”asked Bold.

“Yeah. I feel…fine. What happened? I know I was saved by Bold and brought here. Everything else is kinda fuzzy” said Emma looking bashfully at Bold. 

“Well, eat some food first. If you’re feeling fine then let’s head out for today. We’ll explain what happened then”.

After she stuffed her stomach with bread, sugar and butter she yelled in relief and sat back into the arm of the chair.

“How are you feeling, in general?” asked Mikhail.

“I feel great. I just wanna eat and eat. But I think this is enough. Stuffing myself after what happened is just…”

Sadness consumed her eyes and she silently stared down with a gloomy expression.       

“Hey, no need to be sad. Whatever we do we can’t change the past. So lets at least enjoy the present moment, okay?”

Hearing Mikhail’s words Emma nodded with delight.
   
They headed out of the house and strolled into the depths of the city. While casually strolling around with no direction Mikhail explained to her what had happened. How they saved Gabi and how they allied with Lau and his men. And it wasn’t long before they encountered a shop that interested them.

A three story giant building where items, equipments and spells were sold. They looked at one another with a sly smile and ran into the building. Dozens of glass containers were placed in the corridor.  Gabi glued her face into the glasses to see the artifacts in detail.

“Stop pressing on the glasses. The store owner is getting angry” yelled Diego.

“Tch. We’re living in a death game world and these people are worried about some glasses?” said Gabi and pouted.    

They headed upstairs to encounter the spell shop. Scanning through the scrolls and the advertisements they easily found themselves in a dilemma.                             
 
“Wow, check it out. It’s a spell that lets you turn gigantic” yelled Gabi.

“You already have a shape-shifting spell. Why does that interest you?” asked Diego.

“I can’t get that big with my spell. Imagine how big I can get if I combine this with my other spell” said Gabi with a grin. 

“Ehh, it’ll be quite hard to feed you, I guess”.

“So, how are we spending the money?” asked Bold.

“I was thinking of spending it on you. Seeing as how you saved us from the clutches of the dark knight” said Mikhail and giggled.

“Really?” gasped Bold

“Yeah, really? It wasn’t him that saved us. It was nepotism. Gabi has the soul gem. It would be way better to give her a new spell” said Diego with scorn.

“Brother, don’t make a scene. Bold was the one to save us. Let him get a spell”

Diego pursed his lips and looked at her sister disappointingly.

“Hey, you want anything. There is quite a heck ton of useful light element spells here” said Thompson.

“Ahh, no no. I didn’t do anything. I don’t think I deserve it” said Emma with a kind smile but Thompson only frowned.

“You lost your sister because you were weak. Searching for power in this corrupted world is not a sin. It is a virtue. You deserve it”

Facing Thompson’s fiery eyes Emma felt ashamed but she nodded.     

It wasn’t long before the team decided who should be bought spells for.

First was Mikhail. He bought a spell called ‘Lumos Angel’ for 2200 gold.

The next person who bought a spell was Bold. He bought a spell called ‘snap gust’ for 1600 gold.

Using the money she had already saved Amanda bought a spell named ‘rock golem’.  

The last was Emma. She bought a spell known as ‘blink jump’.

4