06.Legendary Equipment
405 4 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Unable to deny my sister's terms, she and Klein unilaterally agreed to take me immediately to the city's shopping area to buy my equipment.

For this reason, I walk down the street behind the happy couple.

Use a carriage?

There is no way that this loving couple would not have chosen enjoyed a date walking happily through the streets of the city.

Despite how highly cloying they look, I can't help but smile at how happy my sister is with Klein.

When I learned that she would be used by my father and older brother as a bargaining chip in a negotiation, all I could do was pleading with the gods not to end up in the hands of some bad man. I still had not recovered my memories, and my personality was weak.

That reminds me of my older brother, not the one who was present at the ceremony, but the one who is even older than my sister, Ernest Osteen.

Shaped by my father to be the heir to his title, my older brother Ernest is even more meaningful than my father. Had he been present at the ceremony, things would not have ended easily.

"Could it be that once he returns home and finds out what happened, he tries to come looking for me so he can politically use me?"without realizing it, my thoughts escape my lips. There is undoubtedly still some fear of my older brother embedded in my body.

"Rein, what are you talking about?"my sister, who seems to have heard me, stops and turns to me.

"I..."being the subject bad enough to ruin the good mood, I rummage through my mind for ideas to change the subject.

"You think about Ernest Osteen, right?"Klein seems to have fully grasped the meaning of my words.

After hearing that, my sister frowns. It cannot be helped. If there is someone in our family who is less tolerant of Ernest Osteen than I am, that is my sister. He practically sold her. Who could blame her if she hated him?

"You are not very wrong, knowing Ernest Osteen, he will not give up on you so easily now that he can use you as a high-value exchange currency"

"That idiot..."my sister snorts angrily in response to Klein's words.

"There is no need to worry about it, Reiner is no longer part of the Osteen family and is in our care, my father will not tolerate any dishonorable action by Ernest Osteen"

My sister nods as her expression visibly improves.

Asgram Ren'Lai, Klein's father is a man famous for his great moral integrity and his faultless honor. Despite being only a Baron, his integrity has earned him the friendship of a good number of nobles, while his martial discipline has earned him the recognition of the king himself.

It is thanks to this man that my sister did not fall into the wrong hands. As I understand it, Baron Ren'Lai intervened when my sister was about to be loaned by Ernest to an obese Count who is suspected of having a twisted taste for torture.

At the cost of some farmland and a large sum of gold, my sister ended up falling into the hands of Baron Ren'Lai. The Baron originally planned to take my sister as his daughter, however, before the paperwork was completed, my sister and Klein fell in love.

Therefore my sister has been reassured to hear Klein mention his father.

We take up the pace and while both returns to plunge into their world, thanks to the previous conversation, I remember that I have a very large debt to settle with Baron Ren'Lai. He protected the most important person for me in this new life.

"If I have the chance, I will pay off this debt"I murmur to myself.

With the sun pointing to the middle of the morning, we entered the commercial area and later a store specialized in weapons and combat equipment called "The Black Knight".

"Oh, my lord Klein and my lady Elysa, what a pleasant surprise to see you!"a middle-aged man leaves the counter behind and with a big smile comes to greet Klein and my sister.

Does the Ren'Lai have any relationship with this store?

My sister and Klein politely return the greeting and exchange a few words with the store owner.

"We are looking for some equipment for my brother"my sister finally points out.

The store owner finally turns his attention to me.

"Looking for training gear?"

I guess that's the first thing anyone would think of in this man's shoes. A noble boy who wants new toys to play with.

"No, he needs the right equipment to function as an adventurer"

The man blinks several times in surprise in response to Klein's words.

"W-what weapon do you specialize in, little lord?"

"On the sword"

"Light equipment?"

"Protection, the best you have"says my sister with great emphasis.

"A... a sectioned armor?"the man answers with some nervousness.

"Let's leave it in light protection, useful enough to protect him, but flexible to allow him to move freely"Klein intervenes.

"A sword and a simple outfit with leather protections would suffice..."I exclaimed.

"No way!"Klein and my sister both strongly deny my suggestion.

The store owner can only smile nervously.

"Price doesn't matter, light, flexible, and offers good protection"adds Klein, and my sister nods.

Both I and the store owner exchanged glances. Probably from his point of view my suggestion was the best plan considering my physique.

"Wait a moment, I will go to the warehouse to bring what you request"the man shows a stiff smile as he leaves.

Light, flexible, and offering good protection... the unlucky man will no doubt have trouble meeting those standards.

After a few minutes, the man returns carrying a large wooden box.

"I trust this should meet your expectations"the man places the wooden box on the floor and we go over to see the contents.

He really has something so absurd that he can fulfill the exaggerated requests of this loving couple?

The first thing the man takes out of the wooden box is black leather gauntlets with scales and provided with some shiny little metal plates.

“These gauntlets have made from Wyvern skin and metal plates has made from Mythril

My breathing stops completely when I hear that.

Wyvern skin? Mythril plates? Those things are better than the equipment I used for much of the campaign against Ipheria's forces!

The Wyvern skin is light, supple and their scales are as hard as iron.

The Mythril is much hard than iron but its weight is much less.

"These boots are made of the same materials"the man takes out of the box boots lined with some metal plates.

Can you get something like this in a store these days?

Gauntlets are a rarity for me already, but this man has just pulled out boots made from Wyvern leather and Mythril plates.

In my campaign days, things like these you could only get if some wealthy king gave them to you...

My sister receives the flaky black boots from the man, and she nods with satisfaction.

“And this makes the whole outfit…”the man takes out of the wooden box black pants clear made of Wyvern fur, a jacket of the same material, and even a hooded cloak.

How is there something like this!? Clear all of this legendary equipment is made for someone my age.

The nobles these days do not have to spend their gold?!

"About the sword, that's my suggestion"the man points to a beautiful silver sword that emits a faint bluish glow embedded in the wall behind the counter. "It is made of Mythril and is the work of one of the best blacksmiths in the kingdom"

Hear that doesn't surprise me as much...

If something like gauntlets carries Mythril plates, why shouldn't there be something like a Mythril sword in this place?

"It looks like a good sword"says Klein and my sister nods.

Does it look like a good sword? It's a joke? As someone who practically grew up with a sword in his hand, I can honestly say that... That damn thing looks much better than the sword that pierced Ipheria's chest!

Seriously, what has happened in the world in just a hundred years?

Is this because I'm in the west and it's always been that way here?

Damn lax kingdoms of the west! If you had that much wealth, where were you when the center of the continent was on fire?!

No, no, thinking objectively, this must be caused by post-war prosperity.

In those days Mythril was an expensive mineral because it was scarce, and this was because there was no time to extract it, everyone was busy fighting, fleeing, and struggling to survive, at least it was this way in the center of the continent...

While I almost lose my mind, the man takes the sword and then gives it to Klein.

“It is not only a Mythril sword, it is a magic sword created through a skill. If he gains it, the young lord must establish a contract with the sword and give it a name, the sword will be developed based on the development of the young lord—the man adds.

A magic sword?! Is this man trying to make me lose my mind completely!!?

Those stingy temple elders possessed a magic sword, but considered it such a treasure that they did not hesitate to deny it to me when I went to confront Ipheria!!

"It is prosperity, it is the prosperity of peace..."I murmur to myself, trying to calm myself down.

"It's perfect for Reiner, with his heroic skill this sword will become a legendary weapon"Klein exclaims with satisfaction as he holds the sword in his hands.

"A Heroic Skill!"the man brings his astonished gaze to me.

Klein, why don't we have the word "hero" edged over my clothes with gold thread?

"That's right, my little brother here has a high-level heroic skill specialized in hand-to-hand combat"answers Klein while inflating his chest.

Could it be that he…?

"Oh, that's admirable! without a doubt, all this equipment will be well used and the blacksmith who forged this sword will be very pleased if it ends up in the hands of the young lord

“I think so, my little brother is talented enough to have defeated one of my family's guards in a single movement, the man could do nothing even possessing a dexterity skillKlein's face shows a proud expression.

What is he trying to do?

“When my little brother becomes famous, the people will start wondering about his sword, and when they know my little brother bought it here, the people will come to you to askadd Klein with a smile.

Cunning, he has too cunning.

The man's eyes sparkle and his face light up, clear fallen into the trap that Klein makes around him.

“As the young lord is a hero with a great future ahead, I feel compelled to make a discount based on my deep admiration

"You are a good man, no doubt my little brother will not hesitate to buy all his equipment in your store from now on"

“Lord. Klein, why don't we sign a small contract? I can provide the young lord with any kind of equipment at a low price, and this way he won't have to worry about money matters and he can focus entirely on his adventures.

I look at Klein, who smiles. He pretends surprise and interest in the store owner's proposal.

Klein probably had everything planned from the start. This makes me wonder once more, what did he have in mind for me when I was defeated by Jin?

Surely this will not be the end, whatever Klein planned, he will rethink it to do it differently.

I let out a long sigh, I've probably ended up falling into the hands of someone much more terrifying than my father and my brother.

11