09.Elysa
357 7 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

From a very young age, I easily understood my parents.

For my parents everything has a value or use from which some benefit can be got, and if it is not in that way, then it is something that must be discarded, and this vision is not something that my parents only apply to objects, they also evaluate people in the same way.

That is why I knew always that, at some point, I would end up being forced to marry an unknown man for the benefit of my family.

The day of my coming-of-age ceremony arrives, my parents had no expectations of me; 'Women don't need skills, they just need to give birth' with such a vision from my parents, no one cared when it was discovered that I didn't possess a skill.

In these circumstances, I ended up getting attached to the smallest of my brothers, hoping when he grew up, he would differ from the rest of our family.

Little by little I realized that my hopes were not vain, Rein was sweet and kind, he always listened to what I said and constantly tried to attract my attention.

With my two other brothers possessing skills, my father decided not to wait five more years, and when Rein was seven years old, he brought a wizard home to verify if Rein possessed a skill or not.

My lack of maturity and my null vision for the future led me to make a selfish request to the gods, I wished my dear little Rein did not possess a skill.

If it was discovered that he possessed a skill, my sweet Rein could end up becoming a person similar to the rest of our family. That was the stupid fear caused by that selfish desire in me.

Once it became known that Rein did not possess any skills, I was relieved and even happy.

However, my relief and happiness were short-lived. Without a skill, my parents and brothers treated Rein differently. Little by little Rein was isolated by the rest of our family and this extended even to the family employees and the peasants.

Finally, I understand how terrible my desire had been, I felt guilty and became even more attached to Rein. Unfortunately, my family had other plans for me.

When I reached eighteen, someone was finally willing to cover the huge price my father was asking for my hand, a lewd-eyed man, Count Udo Mayr.

Was that the punishment of the gods for me for ruining my little brother's life with my selfish desire?

If so, I could accept the punishment without complaint, but what would Rein be without me at his side? The life he would lead with the rest of my family without me as his support. This caused me even more anguish than my destiny.

Strangely, the gods had other plans for me. Someone else took an interest in me and offered a payment that Count Mayr was unwilling to overcome.

Fate led me to the Ren'Lai Mansion, where another surprising turn of events occurred. My savior, Baron Ren'Lai had no intention of forcing me to marry him or his second son, instead, he intended to take me as his daughter.

While my little brother was tormented day by day by my parents and my brothers, I had escaped from a terrible fate. Was it really fair?

No, it was unfair and this injustice only grew. Slowly but steadily, I fell in love with Baron Ren'Lai's second son, Klein.

As if it were a joke of fate, Klein responded to my feelings and despite the enormous guilt I felt, I couldn't help but feel immensely happy.

When Klein offered me marriage, happiness overflowed me, but with a sea of ​​tears flowing from my eyes I rejected his proposal, how could I try to be happy when Rein had to live in hell because of my selfish desire?

Klein did not give up, he kept asking me to become his wife and my answer was always the same.

At some point, Klein must have gotten tired and after I rejecting him once more, he told me that then he would marry another woman. With my heart shattered, I tried to wish him happiness, but could not do so.

Noticing my immense pain, Klein hugged me and begged me to speak to him about why I refused to become his wife. 'Why are you deliberately trying to make us both unhappy?'

Drowning in my pain, I ended up telling Klein the truth. I had no right to be happy.

'You have only made me fall even more in love with you'. This was his response to my confession.

Somehow Klein convinced me to agree to marry us. He promised to help me save Rein from my parents, and I made him promise not to involve his father in this. How could I ask more help to the person responsible for giving me so much happiness? This was a problem I had to solve, and in Klein's words, since we loved each other, this was also his problem.

After my wedding to Klein, we put a lot of effort into trying to convince my father to send Rein to live with us. At first, there were no results, but we never gave up.

By the time Rein's coming-of-age ceremony was approaching, my father finally changed his mind, but not in the way I would have liked. 'I will dis now Reiner as my son, and just as you wanted, I will send him to live with you. What you do with him is no longer of my interest'. This was the content of the letter I received from my father.

A nobleman being stripped of his family name? This was an appalling fate for any noble. I immediately sent several letters to my father pleading with him not will strip Rein of our family name, I never received a reply.

'We will help Reiner get ahead', Klein comforted me with these words.

My fears were realized when Rein finally arrived at our home. He was still wearing the ceremony clothes and did not bring any luggage with him. Strangely his expression was different, there was no longer shyness or fragility in his gaze. Rein now showed a bold look and his face reflected a feeling of total freedom.

My anguish turned into surprise and then amazement. What Rein had done at the ceremony stole my breath, but discovering that he possessed a heroic skill completely silenced me.

My sweet little brother has gotten up, and he has done it without my help. At understanding, a sense bit of loneliness grew in my heart, but I also felt immensely happy.

An adventurer? When I heard Rein's plans I blanched and energetically refused. How could I allow my frail and sweet little brother to lead that kind of dangerous life?

'I want to build my path', when I heard that from the mouth of someone who always depended on me, I felt a strange mixture of loneliness and pride.

Has my little brother grown so fast? Once I saw him easily defeat Jin, I understood many things.

This bold new determined personality that Rein had gained alongside his heroic skill was a good change for him. Only the gods know what would have happened if Rein had kept his shy personality at acquiring his heroic skill. How would my father and older brother have used it?

Even if I have accepted my little brother's decision, how could I be at ease imagining the dangers it would face? No way! I can accept his decision, but I will impose my own terms.

I am so grateful to Klein, he spared no expense regarding Rein's equipment, although lately I find him deep in thought and mumbling to himself as he watches Rein.

"What name will you give your sword?"

While Rein tries on his new equipment for the first time, Klein asks that question with eyes full of interest.

"Is it really that important to name a sword?"I just can't understand why going to such trouble.

Klein and Rein give me looks of utter bewilderment. Have I asked such a strange question?

"The sword is the life of a swordsman"Klein exclaims as Rein nods.

Is this one of those topics that only men can understand?

"The sword is our companion, it protects us, it stays by our side in good times and bad. It is loyal but cruel, it is cold but we cannot get away from it, the sword is part of our body and it is impregnated with our soul…—Klein takes his gaze towards the ceiling while speaking, but what he is looking at is beyond.

We are talking about swords, right?

I take my gaze towards Rein. He carefully observes the sword in his hands. It almost seems like his eyes are overflowing with nostalgia.

That is impossible, right? That is Rein's first sword, there is no way he can feel nostalgia.

Rein has probably been touched by Klein's words as he continues speaking, it almost seems as if he is reciting a poem... to a sword...

It is definitely something I cannot understand.

"So Reiner, what will you call it?"Klein stepped out of his state of idolatry into swords and repeats the question that caused all this madness.

Rein continues to stare at his sword, he seems to think carefully of a name. Is it really worth thinking about that much?

"Elysa"replies Rein as he raises his face and looks at me with a warm smile. "To protect me and help me protect others, to help me always stay firm on my path and give me the courage to never give up in the face of any difficulties, its name will be Elysa"

Klein shows a warm smile while I feel my heart skip.

I don't deserve it, Rein, I don't deserve that kind of respect and admiration on your part. The tears flow like a river from my eyes and my body moves by itself to where Rein to give him a big hug.

"Thank you..."it's all I can say as the crying continues to emerge from the depths of my soul.

I still don't understand the importance of giving a name to a sword, but the feeling generated by knowing that Rein has named his sword with my name forces me to continue crying as I hug him.

10