Chapter 1
71 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 1: Power! 

"The manhwa of 'Leveling in Solitude' was really good! I hope they'll release season 3 soon...

Though I've read ahead with the novel, the manhwa has its own charm. It's so bad*ss! Yoo, I bet the part when he died will shock those nerds. LOL. Should I spoil them in the group chat?"

Lee was walking down the street buried in his thoughts. He was on his way to his father's workplace. Since it was on the same route towards their home, he would always walk there first to meet up with his dad so that they could go home together. 

Walking would save him some fare, after all they were not well off. His mother died during his birth so only his father was supporting their family. This was also the reason why he was very close to his father.

Speaking of which, he was now close to his father's workplace. It was a tall building of about 50 floors. So even in the distance it was quite eye catching. What's more was that the building was only a branch! Imagine how big would the main HQ of the company be...

As his mind was wandering, he saw figures in the distance, just right outside of the building. Upon closer inspection and peering until his eyes squinted into two horizontal slits, he confirmed that one of them was his dad!

... 

"Mr. Brown, We've already escorted you here. We are already showing great respect for you-

I know that you've been working in our company for 40 years now. You've worked your way up from scratch and made it into the middle level. We truly appreciate your loyalty to the company. But, I can't really do anything about this... You've offended someone you shouldn't. This month's pay will be sent to your account later. That should be enough to sustain your family while you look for a new job."

The middle-level manager said while sighing. He knew Mr. Brown and quite frankly, admired him. He was a good man! But what could he do? He was just a measly manager. Yes, it was a high position for ordinary people, but what did he amount to compared to the son of the company's owner?

"Is there really no other way Manager Flux?" 

Manager Flux only shook his head in response. 

Sigh*

"Then I should get going now... Thank you manager."

Mr. Brown is a tough man, he is dignified! He won't lower himself just to beg knowing that it will lead to nothing! He's already been in the company for 40 years so he knows how the upper echelons work. So he resigned himself to faith and accepted that he got fired. What he should do now, is to find a new job instead of moping.

When he was about to leave, he suddenly remembered his son. He always comes here after school before going home together with him. He took a look at the time thinking, 'he should be here soon, I should just wait a bit more.' 

One can tell just by looking at his wristwatch that it was old. The vestiges of time was apparent as the previously golden color was wiped clean/had faded leaving behind a ragged silver surface. It was a cheap watch to begin with, so it was already good enough for it to last this long.

The doors of the building suddenly opened wide. What came after was men in black suits forming a circle. They seemed to be protecting someone. They marched uniformly towards the outside as an anti-gravity limousine stopped and parked right in front of the building.

When the group was about to enter the car, the person in the middle exclaimed, "Wait!" 

With that, the men stopped and gave way to the person in the center. 

Upon seeing the youth, Manager Flux who was already nervous at the first instance he saw the group, immediately greeted the youth albeit cautiously. 

"Greetings Young Master, do you perhaps have something I can help you with?"

It turned out that the person was the 'Young Master!' 

"Hmmmm, I thought I've told you already to not let me see your face ever again?!" 

Instead of replying to Manager Flux, the Young Master turned his attention towards Mr. Brown who was idle on the side of the building.

Realizing that this Young Master was being overly unreasonable, Manager Flux had no choice but to step in and tried to alleviate the situation. He knew what had happened and why Mr. Brown got fired. It was just petty and unreasonable. 

"Young Master, this-" 

But before he could reply, Mr. Brown already spoke for himself. 

"Replying to Young Master, I'm waiting for my son..."

"And what does it have to do with me?! I've told you to scram and never appear before me again! Do you take my words as a joke?" 

"Dad, what's going on?" 

It was at this time, when Lee arrived. Mr. Brown, relieved that he won't have to endure anymore, immediately excused himself. 

"Young Master, I don't dare to treat your words lightly. I really am just waiting for this son of mine. Since, he's here now, I beg your pardon and we'll take our leave."

After saying so, Mr. Brown bowed. He then took Lee by the arm and turned to leave. But before he could step any further, one of the men in black, stood right in front of them. He acted like a barricade, not allowing them to leave. 

"And who do you think you are to leave just like that? Did I give you permission? Perhaps it's already been forgotten by that rusty brain of yours what happened this noon?! 

How dare you be tardy in greeting me? Did you think you are special? Didn't you see the other employees greeting me upon sight? Oh Gosh, I can't believe that with that meagre status of yours, you dare to act high! 

Let me make it clear. 

Do you see that car? That's the newest model from Gravity. The most prestigious car company in this country. The price of the car alone is enough to buy your life! Oh, pardon me, I didn't mean to disrespect the car- And by that I mean, just a third of the price of that car would suffice to buy your life. 

In my eyes, you and that son of yours are only ants!"

Manager Flux was sweating beyond belief as if he had just taken a shower. This Young Master was really unreasonable. But at this point, he could no longer do anything. The Young Master was already agitated. He can't add salt to the wound, otherwise he'll also get fired.

Mr. Brown tried his hardest to endure and held himself back. Just as he was preparing to reply, Lee, who was silent on the sidelines, suddenly turned red. The veins on his neck bulged and his eyes glared at the Young Master like a mad bull. He just realised what had happened. Anyone would see that his father did nothing wrong. The problem lies in the Young Master!

Without thinking, he rushed towards the young master screaming. Unfortunately though, even before he could get within a meter from the Young Master, another man in black appeared behind him and was in the process of hand-chopping towards his neck.

But who would've thought that a figure suddenly appeared behind Lee, between him and the man!

1