Chapter 4
40 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 4: Grand Blue Collectors Shop. 

"Uncle, to be honest I got nowhere to go now..."

"What do you mean lad?"

"Actually, Uncle I just got kicked out from the apartment I was staying at because I couldn't pay the rent anymore. This noon, I was actually walking on my way to the bank so that I could withdraw the remaining money and look for cheaper options. I've even checked my account just a moment ago. Lee can testify."

"He did! Right, brother how about you stay here?! We have an extra room!"

Lee who was quiet suddenly blurted out! He then looked at his father with puppy eyes.

Uncle Brown on the other hand was conflicted. 'It was true that Titus saved them from trouble and was basically their benefactor but he was still a stranger, and they cannot afford it in their current situation. Just now, he got back from visiting an old friend to scout for work. But even then, the job was not guaranteed and was for now, needed to be confirmed. '

"Titus, you see, our conditions doesn't necessarily-"

Titus cut Uncle Brown off. He couldn't afford to miss this chance. Thanks to Lee, he didn't even need to bring up this topic, so how could he waste it? 

"Uncle, I know it's hard for you to accept me financially, but I guarantee that Uncle doesn't need to spend a cent on me. All I need is a place to stay for the time being without spending all my money. I can help pay with the bills and food as rent next month."

"Indeed that solves the money problem but how would you get more money? You've said it yourself. What you're going to withdraw is the only money remaining. What about school?"

"Uncle, I've already decided to quit school the moment I got kicked out, and look for a full-time job to sustain myself. I can always reapply. My work qualifications may be low but being a janitor or a dishwasher shouldn't need a high educational background."

'Also, how can I go to school when the school itself was long buried in the dunes of time?!' Titus shrugged. 

"But... " 

Uncle Brown was about to say more when Lee joined. 

"Dad, this is the least we can do. Brother said we don't need to spend a cent on him. He just needs a place to stay. He is our benefactor after all. We could've been sent to the police right now by that b*stard if not for Titus."

With that, Uncle Brown's defenses crumbled. 

Sigh*

"Alright... You can stay."

...

The next morning, Titus went to the Money Collectors' place to exchange his bits of money that was in his pocket when he traversed here, the future. He should earn a sum from exchanging it. He did his research so he was not afraid of being scammed. He was not ignorant of what society is. Him living independently and surviving without the orphanages' help was a testament. 

He chose to walk rather than take a hover bus, which was the current mode of public transportation, because it was too expensive for his broke ass. Much more was that hover buses or hover cars in general were the cheap types of vehicles, while the middle to expensive ones are those like the limousine which was powered by anti-gravity reactors, hence their name anti-gravity cars. 

It wasn't really far as the Brown Family lived within the city's periphery. Of course it was not actually a short distance, just that he always walked during his past and did not take other means of transportation, so he was used to it, as again he was broke, both then and now.

Currently he was looking at the picture he took of the map on where the location of the place is.

When he arrived at the place, one look and he could tell that the owner was an avid collector. Not only did it have all sorts of money from different eras and times, it also has figurines, antique decorations, pots and other collectables. He even saw three KAWS figurines that looked like they were still in mint conditions! 

As he was marveling at the collection, he heard a chiming sound. When he looked, it came from an old hanging bell which didn't feel out of place considering the nature of this place despite the futuristic era. It was placed at the door leading to the back of the shop. But that wasn't the reason why Titus was intently drawn to the door. It was because of a beautiful girl in a school uniform carrying a shoulder bag coming out. Her hair was blue in color. Her eyes were that of the deep ocean. Her skin was as white as a pearl and her figure topped the so-called worlds' best in the past (2020). Her figure was of perfect hourglass shape with curves in all of the right places. Her three sizes were considered golden ratio; perfect bust, waist and hips, that all complemented each other! Not too big, not too small, it was perfect! 

She set aside her bag first then greeted him. 

"Hello, welcome to Grand Blue Collectors Shop. How may I help you?" Her voice was angelic. 

Plus, the most important thing was that her demeanor was calm and serene. Combining that with her blue colored hair and eyes, she looked like the water goddess. She had the temperament of a noble!

"*Cough* Young miss, I would like to appraise some old money and hopefully do an exchange..."

Alas, no matter how beautiful she was, he can't ogle at her. He was here to get some money and not to go to jail because of sexual harassment. Especially when he looked like a peasant and he was still wearing his school uniform, using his undershirt as the top. Such beauty can only be appreciated but cannot be touched nor excessively looked at.

The beauty looked at him for a moment before immediately going to business. 

"Dear customer, please wait for a moment and I'll call my grandfather. Take a seat and make yourself comfortable fo-"

Before she could finish, the chiming of the bells could be heard again and a dignified old man came out. If the beauty had the temperament of a noble then this old man is refined. Plus, he should've been handsome in his youth as despite the traces of time, one could still tell by looking at him. 

"Good Lass, no need to bother. I'll take it from here. Go now, you may be late for school."

"Un, bye grandpa!" The beauty nodded and gave her grandfather a peck on the cheek before going out of the shop. She suddenly turned into a child. Too cute!

"Young man, what business do you have for me?"

"Master, I want to appraise these and maybe exchange them for money." Titus then handed over some of the 'old' money.

"Hmmm? It's from the 21st Century. It may not be too rare of an item but they can still fetch a good price. How about 1300$ a piece since they are in a relatively good condition..."

"Then I would like to exchange them please."

Without delay, Titus seized the opportunity. He did his own research of the possible price of the 'old money,' which was about 1000$ a piece, while he was 'checking' his account. He then found this place which was reputed to be among the best in Gold City. Indeed, this Grand Blue Collectors Shop deserved its reputation!

When Titus left the shop, he didn't go home yet, and instead headed to the commercial place of Gold City.

"The next step now is to find a job!" 

Proofread by: @lynn

Author's Note:

If you're interested, you can join the discord server here: https://discord.gg/apBrenw

1