Chapter 4 : Blood Lotus Pirates
815 1 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With Buggy out of the picture and all of his crew that could fight dead, there were only Level 0 minions remaining.

 

"You lot, take me to the treasure room," said Jonathan threateningly to them.

 

"G-Great Sir, I will show you, please spare us," said a guy as he took them to the treasury.

 

It was a big room with a shit ton of gold and jewelry, Lala's eyes were popping out, she had never seen such wealth in her life before.

 

"How much is all of this?" asked Lala

 

"G-Great Madam, from what this old man understands I think its at least 100 Million Beli," said the old man rubbing his hands nervously.

 

" I want you to take all of this and put it on the Buggy ship and while you are at it make sure you clean it up for me. And change the flag and repaint that thing," ordered Jonathan.

 

"W-What should I put on the new flag sir?" asked the old man gulping as the rest of the minions stood behind nervously hoping not to get killed.

 

"A Blood Red Lotus, I believe you won't have a problem finding blood will you" smiled Jonathan.

 

"E-Eh, Yes! W-We will get it done in a jiffy sir" said the old man hurriedly and left with the minions as they started transporting the gold.

 

Jonathan walked forward and saw a small golden chest.

 

"Hm, what's this?" he said as he kicked it hard and it opened.

 

It had a tiny cushion and on top of it was a fruit, a devil fruit.

 

"Oh, Jackpot!" smiled Jonathan as he picked it up.

 

"Oooh, Master found a devil fruit!" exclaimed Lala as she came on the side and marveled at the fruit. It was a light blue fruit with dark blue highlights.

 

"Master, I thought you already have a devil fruit, won't you die if you eat this?" asked Lala curiously.

 

"Haha, I don't have a devil fruit" laughed Jonathan.

 

"What!?" said Lala shocked. With how strong her Master was she thought he definitely had eaten a very powerful devil fruit.

 

"Well, time to eat," said Jonathan as he ate the fruit.

 

*You have eaten a devil fruit*

 

*Mythical Zoan Ice Phoenix*

 

"Oh, this is a weird feeling," said Jonathan as he spread his hands and the temperature started to drop.

 

"Oh, Master, your hands are forming ice," said Lala with sparkles in her eyes.

 

Jonathan put his right hand forward and concentrated creating icy winds that turned into ice fragments in front of his palm, he then jerked his right hand causing them to burst forward at a high speed cracking the wall in front of them.

 

"Master, you are so cool, like literally," said Lala as she clapped her hand.

 

While he could use ice now he had no idea how to turn himself into an ice phoenix. "I guess this will take some time to get a hang of" sighed Jonathan.

 

"I wonder what will happen if I steal Aokiji's Fruit," thought Jonathan as he thought about the fact that there was a similar fruit in this world. "Well, whatever, we'll deal with that when it happens," he said as he laughed off.

 

"Master did you say something?" asked Lala as she followed him behind.

 

"Its nothing but it looks we have a visitor," said Jonathan as he looked to his right and saw Nami approaching them carefully.

 

"Monsters, absolute Monsters, they slaughtered such a big pirate crew like it was nothing. Two of them, just two of them." thought Nami as she approached them. 

 

"They are gonna have a lot of money after looting Buggy. " she thought as she approached them.

 

"Hey, I am Nami, I saw wha-" said Nami as she tried to introduce herself when she saw Lala raise her hand and flinched backward.

 

"Wait, wait, wait, I am not an enemy. I am a Navigator, you are Pirates aren't you? I can help you Navigate" said Nami putting her hands forward hastily.

 

Lala lowered her hand when she heard this as Jonathan asked, "Oh, and why do you want to join us ?"

 

"You guys are strong and look like you don't have a lot of people, I can help you out," said Nami.

 

"Alright, you're in," said Jonathan as he laughed and patted Nami's shoulder leaving her shocked.

 

"Eh, that's it?" exclaimed Lala.

 

Even Nami was surprised she was allowed to join just like that.

 

"Haha, don't worry about it. Let's show our new friend the ship," said Jonathan as he walked towards the dock.

 

The ship was now completely repainted in red as the Blood Red Lotus was painted on the sails along with a flag with the same symbol fluttering at the top.

 

"So, um, what are your names?" asked Nami.

 

"I am Jonathan Star, this is Lala, welcome to Blood Lotus Pirates," said Jonathan as he stepped on the ship and opened his arms wide with a smile.

 

 

As the ship was filled with all the treasure he got from the Buggy Pirates, they set sail from Orange Town as the people sighed when they finally left.

 

"What are those Pirates? I have never heard of them. Just two of them slaughtered the entire Buggy Pirates!" said one of the people in the town.

 

"Well, whatever the case, at least now our town is free from Pirates" exclaimed another woman.

 

"What a terrifying pirate crew, they are bound to make a name for themselves." said another old man.

 

 

Back on the ship, Jonathan looked at Nami who was hunched over the dock, he walked over and stood behind her as he asked, " You have someone you really hate don't you?"

 

"Huh, uh, w-what?" asked Nami as she was flustered finding him suddenly behind her back.

 

"Um, I d-don't have anyone like that, I don't know what you are talking about," she said trying to laugh it off.

 

"I know the real reason you wanted to join was for money," said Jonathan with a smile.

 

"W-what, no, that is not the r-reason!" said Nami flustered being seen through.

 

"But forget about that, there is someone you really hate don't you, someone you want to kill," he said with a smile.

 

Nami who saw his smile was unable to refute him partly due to his Charm skill and because she was put on the spot.

 

She sighed as she was left with no choice but to tell him everything otherwise these two monsters might shred her apart in the middle of the ocean.

 

"Yes, there is a pirate name Arlong, he has taken over my hometown and has tortured us all our lives, imposing a fee on all of us simply to let us live," said Nami with great emotion.

 

"Because of my talent to draw maps I was kidnapped and forced to become a Cartographer for Arlong. He said if I bought him 100 Million Beli he will set the village free," said Nami trying to control her emotions.

 

Lala on the side who was listening was also touched by the story as she patted Nami's back.

 

"You know, there is no guarantee he will let your village go just like that even if you do give him the money," said Jonathan coldly.

 

"THEN WHAT DO I DO, THIS IS THE ONLY OPTION I HAVE" sobbed Nami as she fell down.

 

"No, there is another option. Kill Arlong and all those who made you suffer," said Jonathan.

 

"I can't, I am weak, there is nothing I can do." she sobbed.

 

"I can make you strong," said Jonathan offering her a hand.

 

"huh, why, why would you help me?" said Nami surprised.

 

"Well, I need a navigator to sail these seas you know" laughed Jonathan as he pulled her up.

 

Nami was shocked, she had seen how strong these two were, while she wasn't sure if they could take on Arlong, they were far stronger than her, if she could be as strong as them then maybe she could kill Arlong and take revenge for Bell-mere.

 

"So, do you want to kill those fish?" asked Jonathan.

 

"I-I do, please help me, I will do anything to become strong, strong enough to kill that bastard who took everything from me," said Nami as her bloodlust and hatred for Arlong sparked again.

 

"Well then, take my hand and look into my eyes," said Jonathan as his eyes turned into a blood-red lotus.

 

Nami who was only a Level 2 with a few combat skills was shaken with the energy she received, this time Jonathan was a lot stronger so the power she gained was much greater while the process was easier for him.

 

Her body shook as she absorbed the energy and her eyes turned into a blood-red lotus, her left arm which had the tattoo of Arlong Pirates was covered in blood-red energy as it was burned away by the energy.

 

Nami was in pain but she also felt amazing at the same time feeling her increase in strength.

 

As the process reached its end the place where the tattoo was burnt off started healing and recovering and in its place appeared a glowing blood-red lotus.

 

"Haah, haah, this, this feels amazing" exclaimed Nami.

 

She looked at her right arms and saw the tattoo that she absolutely abhorred was now no more and was replaced with a blood-red lotus.

 

"Its gone, I-I-Its actually gone, I can't believe it," said Nami as she excitedly rubbed her arm.

 

"How do you feel?" asked Jonathan as he lifted her up.

 

"This, this is too much, these screens, this power, I-I can't," said Nami trying to recollect her thoughts after experiencing such a thing.

 

"It's alright, you will get used to it," said Lala as she patted her shoulder trying to calm her down. As she received the Divine Slaughter Mark she considered Nami her fellow sister in arms.

 

"Looks like she has leveled up to Level 6, that's one level higher than what happened with Lala," thought Jonathan.

 

"So, ready to kill some fish?" asked Jonathan as he laughed.

 

"Yes, I-I am ready. With you on my side, we can do it," said Nami with a wide smile, she felt her cage was broken as she felt freer than ever being with Jonathan.

14