Chapter 10 : It’s an Ice Phoenix !
658 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Meanwhile in the town square were two pirate groups, Buggy and Alvida.

They were covered in robes so people couldn't properly recognize them.

“Oh, its that clown!” said Lala as she watched.

“Oh, it really is him!” said Nami.

They had both finished shopping and were just walking around when they called him out.

“WHO ARE YOU CALLING A CLOWN!” screamed Buggy.

“Ufufu, have you never heard of the beautiful Alvida?” she asked arrogantly

“No old hag, I haven’t, “ said Lala

“YOU!” she screamed.

“Wait, its you, you were that girl with that red-haired guy” said Buggy pointing at Lala with his hand shaking.

“This Great Buggy-sama will take revenge” said Buggy as he attacked.

The surrounding people were screaming and running in terror as they saw these big-name pirates.

Lala raised her hands as she released sharp winds that cut Buggy into pieces but due to his fruit he was unharmed.

Nami, on the other hand, used her lance and struck at Alivda but it just slipped off of her skin.

“Fufufu, you will never be able to harm the beautiful me” said Alivda as she dodged

Right at that moment the marines attacked and joined in on the fight creating a free for all.

Jonathan who arrived on the spot and saw the chaos laughed as he joined in taking out Sandai Kitetsu for a spin.

As he swung his new sword it created a shockwave that cut the people around him without actually touching their bodies, his sword skill had increased quite a bit and he could now damage enemies just through the shockwave released by his sword strikes.

Of course, it would be more powerful if it physically connected.

“Who is this guy? He is shredding us like its nothing” screamed the Marines and Pirates who were no match for Jonathan.

“Hey Buggy, looks like you survived” laughed Jonathan as he landed in front of him.

“YOUUUUU, JONATHAN STAR!” screamed Buggy in fright as he jumped back off.

The rest of the pirates and marines now had a good look on this guy who appeared out of nowhere and as Buggy confirmed his name they realized who he was.

Long flowing red hair, uses swords and ice powers, there is only one that matches the description.

“Jonathan Star, the 40 Million Beli Pirate” said Smoker who just arrived at the scene when he heard the ruckus.

Both Alvida and Buggy Pirates were terrified.

The Buggy pirates because they had experienced first hand how terrifying this guy was and Alivda had heard countless tales of this guy in a very short time and how a river of blood flowered everywhere he walked.

Jonathan did not care about Buggy or Alvida , these guys were so pathetic in his eyes he didn't feel it worth it to spend previous seastone bullets on them.

Instead, he dashed off straight for Smoker as Lala and Nami fought off the remaining Pirates and Marines.

Ofcourse the marines wouldn't just let him walk up to their Captain and fight him, he was now surrounded by all the Marines in Loguetown all of them who were Level 3 to Level 4 aiming for his throat.

He took a deep breath as he turned the floor into ice and sliced his sword cutting off their heads in a circle as their balance slipped.

“Hahaha, now this is something” laughed Jonathan as he released countless spikes all around him crushing the endless barrage of Marines.

*Ice Phoenix Devil Fruit : Novice Stage : Level 9”

Every life he took he gained more experience as he used his devil fruit repeatedly, his understanding of his devil fruit abilities rapidly increased in this stressful environment where he had to creatively use it to stay alive in this horde.

*Ice Phoenix Devil Fruit : Novice Stage : Level 10*

Jonathan huffed as his stamina was being drained.

“We’re close men, his stamina is not infinite, just a little bit and we can take him down” said the Marines as they cheered and kept coming at him. They had lost too many men for them to back down now, it was all or nothing.

As his stamina was on the brink of being exhausted he felt his veins turning ice could as his body temperature suddenly dropped.

Every being of his body felt like it was being frozen as he stopped attacking.

“This is it , he is tired” said the Marines as they dashed forward aiming for his head.

Jonathan took a deep breath and then suddenly screamed.

*Ice Phoenix Devil Fruit : Expert Stage : Level 1*

*Congratulations, you have unlocked Hybrid Form*

As the marine’s attacks were about to reach him his body his body was covered in dark blue icy cold flames as he released the cry of phoenix as the entire surrounding temperature suddenly dropped as the flames burst forward all around him pushing back all the attacking Marines.

“W-what the fuck is going on ? What happened?” screamed the Marines at this sudden event when they saw two huge wings sprout out of the back of Jonathan.

They were ice blue and covered with dark blue flames as they spread out majestically. All the wounds that Jonathan had were healed as he opened his eyes that turned dark blue.

“Haha, it was about damn time” laughed Jonathan as he spread his wings and dashed upwards into the sky as he flew for the first time.

As he looked down at the ground and saw the people getting smaller and smaller he felt amazing,” This is what it's like to fly? This is amazing!’ thought Jonathan as he smiled.

He flew an arc in the air as everyone paused with their mouths hung open as they saw him.

“W-what the hell is that power?” asked a Marine.

“A Zoan! A Mythical Zoan!” screamed a Pirate.

“It's the wings of a Phoenix! An Ice Phoenix!” screamed someone else who was awed at seeing such a sight.

“It looks so pretty!” said Lala as she looked at her Master flying in the sky.

Jonathan flew around a bit as he got used to his new wings as he swooped straight towards Smoker who was looking at him with a dead serious expression.

He turned into smoke as he dashed towards Jonathan too.

Jonathan raised his right hand which was covered in dark blue flames as he struck Smoker but his fist went straight through him.

“You won’t be able to do anything to me Kid” said Smoker arrogantly as he tried to stab Jonathan with his seastone laced staff but Jonathan swiftly avoided him due to his greater maneuverability in the air thanks to having actual wings.

“Hahaha, you are not the only one who has that,” said Jonathan with a smile as he pulled out a gun.

11