Ch18 [Watcher’s Crown–“Underground 1st floor”]
42 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 18 [Watcher's Crown– “Underground 1st floor”]

After the conversation with Senior Nicholas, Luwen expected that the Senior's business with him today would end. He didn't expect to be urged to follow Senior Nicholas.

What's more unexpected was that he would discover something new about the Institute. Currently, he and Senior Nicholas are walking in a passageway. His steps on the dimly lit stairs are echoing loudly. Thus, making him anxious and worried.

After the discussion of the dirty works of this organization, it wasn't far away for him to think that as being opposed to the Organization's dirty work, maybe Senior Nicholas has changed his mind and decided to bring him somewhere dark and silent where he can dispose of him easily.

It was natural on him nowadays to think a lot of pessimistic thoughts. Considering what happened so far in his life.

Luwen look at the darkness, he was following Senior Nathan on walking down the stairs. He breathed in and out, calming down his rapidly beating heart. It was illogical for a person like him to fear the darkness. And fear a lot of things. He needed to get rid of the fearful thoughts. He was still alright. If something happens, he can fight back.

In the darkness, Luwen's sense of time was dulled. Every seconds was like an hour. His fear was slowly being amplified as the time that had passed become longer and longer. Thankfully, it didn't last long. In the stretch of the darkness, there was a light at the end of the narrow path.

" This would be your first time arriving here in the underground isn't? " Nicholas muttered.

Luwen stared at the tall and wide back of his Senior, unconsciously nodding. It would be his first time arriving in this place. He even didn't know that the Magnus Institute had an underground at all. With how wide and vast is the institution, it would be amazing if it possess an underground floors. Luwen thinks that those tall and wide 4 floors of the institution are enough. The confusing garden maze and those towers had even made the institution more wider and expanse.

Magnus Institute, a place where you can easily get lost. With just one mishap, you would be wandering around for a few hours and it can last for a day or few days. Luwen was certain that upon building this place, the use of supernatural abilities are involved.

He sighed in relief when they are illuminated by a bright light. The place was bright and different from how he expected that the underground would just be a place of darkness. Thankfully, it wasn't.

Luwen look around and immediately became surprised. Clusters and rows of tables, shelves, unknown objects and materials are placed haphazardly and randomly. It's a mess. He grimaced at the surroundings. The place looks like it's hasn't been cleaned for years. The smell of mold and dust has penetrated his nose. Uneasiness– he was reminded of some of the events that happened in the train.

He shook out of his thoughts immediately and watched Senior Nicholas walked towards a long and soft comfortable chair. He removed the cloth that was covering the object– Luwen's blue eyes widened. It wasn't an object but a sleeping person. Dark green hair, white sleeves and black pants– the person was dressed informally and looks like he was just lunging on his home. The person appeared to be in his late 20s. The short horizontal scar beneath the person's left eye was also eye catching. He wondered how the person had gotten the scar– In reality, Luwen wouldn't never dare to ask the person. He can only bury the curiosity in his mind.

The person groaned as the light had penetrated his eyes. " Ah, what it is this time? " He sounded exhausted, tired and annoyed. The person groggily opened his eyes. Brilliant green glared at them. Luwen's recently awakened spiritual awareness in becoming a beyonder immediately alarmed him. This person– who was in front of him was dangerous and powerful. He was much more powerful and dangerous than Senior Nathan who was a mid sequence 6 beyonder. Luwen unconsciously back away, causing the person's attention to be brought upon him.

" A newbie? How come no one had  informed me? "

" Senior, that was probably everyone was afraid to disturb your sleep. "

Senior? Luwen quickly glance at Senior Nathan and the person carefully. Senior Nathan already look like an uncle, the person was much younger than Senior Nathan. How come Senior Nathan call him a Senior?

" Brat. " The person glance at him irritably. " I am older than two of you. You better get out those rude thoughts out of your mind. "

" I apologize. " Luwen bowed his head. His heart was beating fast. Inside his mind, he was looking at the person with fear.

" Senior Darren, I would like to have your permi– "

" You can. " Not even finishing, Nathan's words, Darren gestured for them to walk away from him.

Luwen thought that Senior Darren is– he immediately stopped his thoughts and look at the irritated and impatient Senior Darren.

" After you have gotten what you need, I want you to go away from this place. I would know if you have taken something that you shouldn't take. Take what exactly you need. " He glared at them before closing his eyes and covering his whole body with the quilt.

" Let's go. " Senior Nicholas gently smiled and ushered to follow him.

As they walk, Luwen was now certain what is the purpose of this underground floor. Items, Materials and Weapons are lying in the ground and scattered randomly.

" For every member of the organization, once you have become a beyonder, there was a rule that you would be given a one sealed artifact and given three beyonder items. I hope that you would choose wisely. Only in sequence 9 you would be given those things without any cost. And if you need something again in this floor, contribution points to the organization are needed before can take items here freely. I hope you can understand this rule, Luwen. "

Luwen nodded his head and glance at the surroundings.

" The items and some sealed artifacts that are placed here are appropriate for the low level beyonders, if we go farther and deeper on this floor, the more higher and dangerous the items would be. As a low leveled sequence beyonder, there can be a chance of mishaps happening on our tasks, it was proper and alright if you can find something here to defend yourself. Sooner or later, it was also better for you to learn some self defense skills.   "

2