Ch24 [Watcher’s Crown-“What your heart desires”]
35 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ch24 [Watcher's Crown–“ What your heart desires”]

Sunday, it's the second day since Mr.Miller left the Magnus Institute to accompany Mr.Lukas for something in the tundra. Luwen felt a little bit unused by the situation. But thinking of the presence of the eye when Mr.Miller is around, this situation had some positive benefits.

Luwen sat on one of the seats accompanying the other members of the Watcher's Crown as they started their sumptuous breakfast on the 2nd floor of the Magnus Institute– where their rooms, the kitchens and other regular and convenient rooms are located.

" Pfffhahaha... A music box? Ow, my stomach hurts! Ahahaha! "

Luwen stared at Milka with an expressionless look on his face as she laughed. He doesn't get why are she laughing and what was so amusing. Among his seniors, he and Milka had the most complicated relationship. He can't really understand Senior Milka. Her behavior is so unpredictable, but Luwen can see that his senior doesn't like him very much. She also often mocked and had a way of teasing him in his miserable situations. He doesn't like her very much but she was still helpful and reliable sometimes.

Luwen ignored her teasing and continued on eating his food quietly. Nicholas walk towards them holding a tray of food towards the table. He put the dishes on the table and smiled slightly.

" Oh, I think I would end up fat if you keep feeding me with delicious food Senior Nicholas! " Rosa exclaimed as she put another bite on her mouth.

" Thanks for the compliment, Rosa. Eat well everyone, specially you Luwen. With the weeks that you have spent here in the institute, other than your growth spurt, you still look unhealthy and skinny. " Nicholas frowned as he stared at Luwen.

" Thin like a stick! " Milka piped up.

Luwen nodded his head and continued eating. Even with how many food he eats, Luwen was certain that he wouldn't fatten up. From childhood, his body was already thin and pale. It was basically the fault of his nightmares which took a huge mental toll in his mind and a deprivation of sleep. Thus, it also affects his body.

" How was your practice with Luwen, Connor ? "

Nicholas asked. Connor's purple eyes dimmed. Connor took a sip on the bowl of soup slightly before replying.

" It was alright. "

He said before returning on sipping his soup. Milka started laughing at his answer and replied for Senior Connor.

" Always beaten up by Senior Connor. "

Luwen frowned. Nicholas glance at them before saying

" After the breakfast, we will discuss on how would we distribute the contribution points that we had gotten on the Leitner. "

After listening to Nicholas they all nodded their heads. The rest of the time in breakfast were spent in silence and peace.

..........................

The discussion that happened after, was the opposite of silence.

" Absolutely not! 5,000 contribution points? No, I refuse! "

Rosa slammed her hands and the table while unconsciously standing up. She glared at Connor. The latter was looking at him expressionless.

" The Head Archivist had said that the Leitner– "the forgotten" are equal to 30, 000 contribution points. There are six of us, but the equality division won't be effective since it would be degrading with the effort that we have put on the mission. " Connor said expressionless and nonchalant.

Rosa glared at them and asked. " Then why is my contribution points are only 5,000?! "

" 7, 000 for Senior Nicholas, 7,000 for me, 6,000 for Connor, 6,000 for you...3, 000 for Milka and 1,000 for Luwen. Is that enough now? "

Johnson asked and Rosa frowned. " You are outside during the mission, why are your contribution points exceed mine? "

Johnson pondered for a moment before answering " You are a sequence 6 machinery specialist. I am certain that you wouldn't need much contribution points as you can create your own sealed artifacts. "

" Yes, I am a machinery specialist. In fact, I am the one who was in need of contribution points the most, with my absolute need of beyonder ingredients to create sealed artifacts. "

For once, Senior Milka are quiet. She was watching the proceedings of the discussion with a bright smile on her face. She wasn't complaining with the amount of contribution points that she received. Luwen was also silent as he watched his Seniors argue with the contribution points. He still doesn't get much the value of the contribution points as he was just a newbie, but he was just fine with the contribution points that he had received. It was his first task as a member of the Watcher's Crown. He doesn't dare to presume that he would get a bountiful amount. He was already fortunate or unfortunate that he encountered something more complicated on his first task.

Nicholas wryly smiled. " Please don't argue further. You two should be ashamed that Milka and Luwen aren't complaining. "

After he said those words, Rosa and Johnson complied through, they are still glaring at each other. It was normal for people to come into disagreements, but Luwen thought that his seniors could be childish and fierce when they argue to each other.

Luwen sighed when the discussion is over. The rest of the time was spent in reading. But for a few times, while reading, he can hear the sound of someone shouting and someone trying to use their beyonder powers within the first floor which was instantly suppressed by the Magnus Institute. Luwen can't concentrate reading when he can hear Senior Johnson and Senior Rosa arguing. He decided to walk deeper within the library of Magnus Institute. He spent the time undisturbed. And when the time he finally decided to stop reading, Luwen find himself lost. Thankfully Nicholas managed to find him and he spent his time eating a dinner with them. On their way to their own rooms at the 2nd floor, Nicholas smiled at him.

" Have a good rest, Luwen. "

Luwen nodded his head. When Senior Nicholas turn his back, Luwen was staring at him with a complicated expression on his eyes. Sighing, he made his way to his own room. Changing to his sleeping clothes, Luwen lay on the bed staring at the ceiling. The hands that was holding the quilt clenched.

He doesn't care about them. He wasn't starting to get fond and close to them. He can't. He hated this organization. The head archivist. The other avatars–specially the stranger. He wouldn't forgive them. He hated them.

Luwen eventually closed his eyes and fell into a dream. A dream of his family accusing him for forgetting and replacing them.

2