Ch25 [Interlude: The day of the Mysteries]
52 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ch25 [Interlude: The day of mysteries]

Approaching at Midnight, a person was standing on the rooftop within one of the houses in Tingen City. He wore a cape and classical hat on his head. On his none eye-catching face was a monocle. He gaze at the source of the crimson light within the black velvet curtain. A crimson moon hung in the night sky. He looked at them serious and solemn. His gaze then went into one of the windows in a certain apartment.

There, a person was frantically writing on his notebook with a black pen on his hands. He had a manic yet frightened look on him. Beside the notebook which he is currently writing on rest a revolver and bullets.

Seeing the scene, the person outside bowed slightly and tipped his hat. He watched the person inside the apartment with a sad yet knowing gaze.

After he finish writing on the notebook, the man inside the apartment had loaded the revolver with bullets. The man thoughts are indecipherable. He was neither smiling or sad.

He put the revolver on his head and pulled the trigger.

———

No sound had come out from the revolver except for silence. The man lay on the chair still and unmoving.

‘Farewell, Klein Moretti.’

The man let out a sigh as he watched the man died. He took out a book and glance at it.

" Are you satisfied? "

The book lay still and unmoving in the hands of the mysterious shop owner.

A few hours soon had passed. The still and unmoving Klein Moretti had started moving. He watched him glance at the 'Crimson moon that hung high in the backdrop of a black velvet curtain'. He watched as Klein Moretti stood up only to slammed back heavily at the burly wood chair.

The shop owner lips curled up. His eyes has a gleam of reminiscence and amusement– yet thinking about it in Klein's position, the situation are really frightening.

He suddenly remembered something before.

‘ The strongest emotion of mankind is fear, The strongest fear is the unknown. ’

Glancing at Klein and the book in his hands. It seems that he needed to step on butterflies, not literally.

The events, just need some little directing and guiding along the way.

..........................

June 28th 1349. Backlund, Diocese–Loen Kingdom. Between morning and approaching noon. At the Church of the God of Steam and Machinery, Archbishop Horamick Haydn frowned in contemplation upon his findings. He had his hand on his chin and appears to be deep in thought. Later, glancing at the papers on the desk, his unusually kind face, become grim and tense. He had a serious expression etched on his face.

It was inconceivable but not impossible, he thought. All of them, how can that be? How come that no one have noticed at all? 258, all of them. Not real... But what was their purpose in the end? Those people, did they belong to the organization? Why foster them and suddenly they would decide to end all of them?

Horamick Haydn left on his chair, Later he arrived in a certain place and glance at the sealed artifact.

On the coffin, a young man was smiling with his eyes close. He was lying in the coffin looking so peaceful and serene.

Just what is really their purpose? He thought at he stared at the young man. It's been a month and some weeks since the Incident between the Tingen City and Backlund had happened. The secret investigation with the cooperation of the three churches hadn't progress at all. They keep digging and digging. What have they had discovered aren't answers, only mysteries. Instead of their investigation progressing, with the new mysteries that they have discovered, more questions and confusion are popping out.

Now, at least, he had discovered something important that can solve some of the questions in their minds. Leaving the place, Horamick Haydn decided to relay the information to his God.

He was confused when he got the answer from his God. The message written in the Hermes Language.

[ The destined time has not yet arrived. ]

..............................

Magnus Institute, within the mountain ranges in the border of the Loen Kingdom.

After eating their Lunch, some time or just a few hours after, Milka dropped the books on the table. All of the other members of the Watcher's Crown glance at her. She look at them with frustration.

" I can't keep with this any longer! I already wanted the Head Archivist to go back! Ahhh, I can't focus without the head archivist staring at me! "

She complained not on the mood to pick up the books again. Childish, immature, spoiled...  Those thoughts entered in Luwen's mind. He frowned at the books in the table. This was an another normal day and task for them of checking the books in the Magnus Institute. Everyday, they would keep on checking the books and listing them up. No one of them was an exception on the task even they are a high level beyonder.

The features of the Library of their Institute, There was no fix location or place for the books. Everyday the books within the bookshelves would change their locations. Books that aren't listed or registered would be forever lost. For them to solve this problem, they need to register the name, date of publication and author of the book in a special beyonder item that was called "The List". After they registered the book, no matter where is it, they would manage to find it as long as they are in the list.

In that way, they wouldn't have a trouble if they want to find a certain kind of book. Since the founding of the Magnus Institute in the Fourth Epoch and until now, the the listed out books are around the 41% percent. Senior Nicholas had said that the previous members of the Watcher's Crown had even jokingly said that it was their 'sacred tradition'. And there was even a legend that whoever would manage to complete the list of the books would have all of his desires and wishes granted.

Upon hearing it, Senior Rosa said that it would be impossible. This would be their Magnus Institute's forever ongoing ritual. Since this task, they can only do it with their ordinary human prowess. All of the beyonders ability of the beyonders inside the Institute are suppressed. Having to complete the task are even more impossible since Senior Rosa was certain that there would always be a new book added to them. What's more there's a Leitner— upon the mention of the name. All of them felt uncomfortable and took a glance at the books carefully.

No Leitner... Luwen sighed. Senior Milka eventually stopped on her complaints and later, Senior Nicholas that they should continue the task tomorrow. All of them felt tired, but Luwen felt the tiredness more effectively because of his sequence. He was tired mentally and physically. He wasn't in the condition to pick up a random book and read them.

Luwen decided to return to his room and take a rest. Taking off his shoes, he lay on the bed and rolled a bit. He sighed and his gaze lay further on the stand. The music box was still and silent.

‘You have forgotten us’

Luwen blinked. Using his hands, he struggled on reaching the music box while still laying on the bed. A few minutes, the music box started playing. A peaceful and tranquil melody resounded through the room.

Luwen smiled slightly. He closed his eyes. At least, his nightmares wouldn't be about his family dying... But them, accusing him of forgetting them. Him, being selfish. Luwen eventually slipped into dreams– nightmares. While sleeping a tear, slipped out of his eye.

Later, a red mist enveloped the room. Luwen was still entangled in his dreams when the red mist turned into a crimson burst.

1